or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Recent Sartorialist Looks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Recent Sartorialist Looks - Page 64

post #946 of 7220
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
Well ladies, what do we think?



Also, I agree about the chubby knees.

This must be what is meant by a spreeeaaddddddd collar
post #947 of 7220
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
I wonder what come on he uses on the little boys he molests.

His first step is to relate to them by wearing a boys' tie...
post #948 of 7220
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicguy View Post
I was very surprised that practically everyone leaving comments about this picture on The Sartorialist were praising this man's look. I find it mismatched and tacky. That jacket seems much too short also. Any thoughts?


They like the jacket, not the look. I like the jacket.... I might even kill him for it, if he were my size.
post #949 of 7220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Gatsby View Post
This must be what is meant by a spreeeaaddddddd collar


This is the same creep who appeared in late June.
He was wearing a lightweight "British Warm" type
top coat. At the time, remarking on his double monks
and complexion, I said:


The decadent representative of "Old Europe"
in the third photo has had his face antiqued to
match his "calzatura".
post #950 of 7220
Quote:
Originally Posted by comrade View Post
This guy would look good in anything, even Men's Wearhouse.

Correction: I was referring to the young guy with the long hair in the tan suit.
post #951 of 7220
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreinin View Post
I hate the pants, and the fact that he is too old to carry this very young look with aplomb. A 60 year old man with a gut does not need to go around in super slim, super tapered pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Sutherland View Post
Plus the trousers are too tight for a 60+ year old man.
I don't see why a lot of people here seem to feel that at a certain age men can't wear youthful clothing. Obviously, there are certain limits to how youthful said clothing can be, but I don't really think that they're reached with slim-fitting trousers. Old age is the best time for men to dress with eccentricity, imo, because it's when people least expect to see it. I intend to be in good physical shape at 70 and wear very bold suits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicguy View Post
I was very surprised that practically everyone leaving comments about this picture on The Sartorialist were praising this man's look. I find it mismatched and tacky. That jacket seems much too short also. Any thoughts?
It is certainly mismatched, and far too short for a man of his weight. On a different person, in a different cut, it could look pretty cool.
post #952 of 7220
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreinin View Post
I hate the pants, and the fact that he is too old to carry this very young look with aplomb. A 60 year old man with a gut does not need to go around in super slim, super tapered pants. Of course, maybe standing he would look better. The outfit is solid overall though, and he is stylish.

For a man his age, his gut is acceptable, even if he is holding it in.

By the way do I see a hint of another watch on HIS left wrist?
post #953 of 7220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscione View Post
I don't see why a lot of people here seem to feel that at a certain age men can't wear youthful clothing.

I'm sure most would agree that not every look suits every person. A double breasted 12 buttoned waistcoat on a tall slim build (can) look fantastic, on a short stocky build it does not. It will make them look shorter and stockierer...

Age also plays a part in this. An older gentleman carries the look of distinguished and worldly better then a younger man.

You "˜can' wear whatever you like, but when it comes to style, it's about what works with you.

This old boy in question (unless he has someone else dress him) seams to know how to put an outfit together. Now all he needs to learn is how to put an outfit that suits him together.
post #954 of 7220
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHero View Post
Brown suit. Like that.
I don't see why this is so great. A handsome Italian man walks into H&M with a blue shirt and walks out in a taupe suit. On the way out, he needed to reply a SMS. *snap.
post #955 of 7220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Gatsby View Post
They like the jacket, not the look. I like the jacket.... I might even kill him for it, if he were my size.
No need to hurt anyone, you can just go kill a old couch if you like that fabric.
post #956 of 7220
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin831 View Post
I don't see why this is so great.

A handsome Italian man walks into H&M with a blue shirt and walks out in a taupe suit. On the way out, he needed to reply a SMS. *snap.

+1000
post #957 of 7220
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
No need to hurt anyone, you can just go kill a old couch if you like that fabric.

LOL. My reaction exactly. I'm just not fond of that jacket.
post #958 of 7220
Mang! The visible socks are just bad..
post #959 of 7220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat Guido View Post
Mang! The visible socks are just bad..

So are the cuffs on the jeans. I don't know which is worse, but the combination is truly unholy.
post #960 of 7220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat Guido View Post
Mang! The visible socks are just bad..

At least his hands are covering up his moose knuckle.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Recent Sartorialist Looks