Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Girls in Guys Garb Last post on 1/20/15 at 9:14am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 7:27 pm in Classic Menswear
- OFFICIAL Best of WAYWT/Favorite fits Last post on 9/24/15 at 5:07pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Bradley Cooper-Limitless Last post on 8/20/13 at 7:29pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:52 pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn StyleLast edited: 10/14/15
- What it Means to be Made in ItalyLast edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Recent Sartorialist Looks - Page 470
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7037 of 72315/15/12 at 5:21amQuote:Originally Posted by Harrydog
I wonder if you had a last made for you when EG did bespoke whether G&G was allowed to take the last with them.
You often pay extra on the first bespoke order to cover the cost of the last. I wonder if that means the customer really "owns" the last.
Anyone have any experience with this question?
actually, this has been discussed many times, anyway.
you own the raw last due you paid for it. as soon as the maker/company/workshop worked on it, it becomes their intellectual property. check their terms and conditions upfront. you run into the situation of abuse of confidence, though.
after all, as soon as the raw last is adjusted, you'll be hard pressed to find a maker, who is going to work with it. same goes, if you want to bring your own last.
it can be negotiated, but it's not the norm. it just don't make sense.
-if you have your own last and you split with the "company". it depends on their terms and condition, how to proceed.
-in an ideal world, you can put it on display in your own home.
-probably, you can show it to the new maker as an indication. chances are big that this is a dealbreaker from the start.
-do your due dilligence, when you decide to go the bespoke route. it's no one way street.
-the experience is priceless.post #7038 of 72315/15/12 at 6:06ampost #7039 of 72315/15/12 at 12:02pmpost #7040 of 72315/16/12 at 1:01amQuote:Originally Posted by Svenn
As far as I know he just runs that clothing store in Milan? Seems unlikely he could make much of RTW and MTM clothing, but perhaps he's getting some advertising $ with his image. Scott (the sartorialist) is paid around $600,000 a year by american apparel just to advertise on his site, according to an article I saw.
yeah, to my knowledge as well. I often see him in adorned in items that would suggest otherwise, which made me wonder. thanks for the response.post #7041 of 72315/16/12 at 9:21pmpost #7042 of 72315/17/12 at 11:55ampost #7043 of 72315/22/12 at 4:01pmpost #7044 of 72315/22/12 at 10:12pmpost #7045 of 72315/22/12 at 11:42pmpost #7046 of 72315/23/12 at 3:50ampost #7047 of 72315/23/12 at 10:40am
Attractive woman, dressing well:
The dark brown cardigan and red shoes & necklace actually work well to subdue the yellow trousers, and they suit her hair colour too. If I was being super-nitpicky, I'd suggest the white top is a little too pale and/or sheer, but overall, very nicely chosen pieces.post #7048 of 72315/23/12 at 11:16ampost #7049 of 72315/23/12 at 11:46amQuote:Originally Posted by deez nuts
havent had the chance to read the interview yet, leaving here as a bookmark
Go read it, guyz. Pappademas is a very colorful writer and funny guy. I gotta clean my screen now.post #7050 of 72315/23/12 at 11:50amQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
Attractive woman, dressing well:
The dark brown cardigan and red shoes & necklace actually work well to subdue the yellow trousers, and they suit her hair colour too. If I was being super-nitpicky, I'd suggest the white top is a little too pale and/or sheer, but overall, very nicely chosen pieces.
def does look like c. theron!
- Recent Sartorialist Looks
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 1 second ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 24 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Spectator Porn 5 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 5 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 15 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 18 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 18 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 21 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 23 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...