Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Girls in Guys Garb Last post on 1/20/15 at 9:14am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 9:06 am in Classic Menswear
- OFFICIAL Best of WAYWT/Favorite fits Last post on 5/29/15 at 9:58am in Streetwear and Denim
- Bradley Cooper-Limitless Last post on 8/20/13 at 7:29pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:33 am in Classic Menswear
What it Means to be Made in Italy
Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: February 2015Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Pleasures and Perils of the Long CoatLast edited: 1/12/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Recent Sartorialist Looks - Page 470
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7037 of 72305/15/12 at 5:21amQuote:Originally Posted by Harrydog
I wonder if you had a last made for you when EG did bespoke whether G&G was allowed to take the last with them.
You often pay extra on the first bespoke order to cover the cost of the last. I wonder if that means the customer really "owns" the last.
Anyone have any experience with this question?
actually, this has been discussed many times, anyway.
you own the raw last due you paid for it. as soon as the maker/company/workshop worked on it, it becomes their intellectual property. check their terms and conditions upfront. you run into the situation of abuse of confidence, though.
after all, as soon as the raw last is adjusted, you'll be hard pressed to find a maker, who is going to work with it. same goes, if you want to bring your own last.
it can be negotiated, but it's not the norm. it just don't make sense.
-if you have your own last and you split with the "company". it depends on their terms and condition, how to proceed.
-in an ideal world, you can put it on display in your own home.
-probably, you can show it to the new maker as an indication. chances are big that this is a dealbreaker from the start.
-do your due dilligence, when you decide to go the bespoke route. it's no one way street.
-the experience is priceless.post #7038 of 72305/15/12 at 6:06ampost #7039 of 72305/15/12 at 12:02pmpost #7040 of 72305/16/12 at 1:01amQuote:Originally Posted by Svenn
As far as I know he just runs that clothing store in Milan? Seems unlikely he could make much of RTW and MTM clothing, but perhaps he's getting some advertising $ with his image. Scott (the sartorialist) is paid around $600,000 a year by american apparel just to advertise on his site, according to an article I saw.
yeah, to my knowledge as well. I often see him in adorned in items that would suggest otherwise, which made me wonder. thanks for the response.post #7041 of 72305/16/12 at 9:21pmpost #7042 of 72305/17/12 at 11:55ampost #7043 of 72305/22/12 at 4:01pmpost #7044 of 72305/22/12 at 10:12pmpost #7045 of 72305/22/12 at 11:42pmpost #7046 of 72305/23/12 at 3:50ampost #7047 of 72305/23/12 at 10:40am
Attractive woman, dressing well:
The dark brown cardigan and red shoes & necklace actually work well to subdue the yellow trousers, and they suit her hair colour too. If I was being super-nitpicky, I'd suggest the white top is a little too pale and/or sheer, but overall, very nicely chosen pieces.post #7048 of 72305/23/12 at 11:16ampost #7049 of 72305/23/12 at 11:46amQuote:Originally Posted by deez nuts
havent had the chance to read the interview yet, leaving here as a bookmark
Go read it, guyz. Pappademas is a very colorful writer and funny guy. I gotta clean my screen now.post #7050 of 72305/23/12 at 11:50amQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
Attractive woman, dressing well:
The dark brown cardigan and red shoes & necklace actually work well to subdue the yellow trousers, and they suit her hair colour too. If I was being super-nitpicky, I'd suggest the white top is a little too pale and/or sheer, but overall, very nicely chosen pieces.
def does look like c. theron!
- Recent Sartorialist Looks
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Current State of Americana
- › Just bought this watch for $800 from Macys. Was it a good buy? 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 1 minute ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 1 minute ago
- › who are your favorite celebrities? 1 minute ago
- › Azzuraa Bespoke Leather Goods - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Opinion on this purchase 3 minutes ago
- › AN AUSTRALIAN ICON! Akubra Slouch Hat. Size 59. FREE SHIPPING &... 4 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 4 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...