Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Girls in Guys Garb Last post on 1/20/15 at 9:14am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 4:38 am in Classic Menswear
- OFFICIAL Best of WAYWT/Favorite fits Last post on 7/28/15 at 9:31pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Bradley Cooper-Limitless Last post on 8/20/13 at 7:29pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:34 pm in Classic Menswear
What it Means to be Made in Italy
Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: February 2015Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Pleasures and Perils of the Long CoatLast edited: 1/12/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Recent Sartorialist Looks - Page 470
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7037 of 72315/15/12 at 5:21amQuote:Originally Posted by Harrydog
I wonder if you had a last made for you when EG did bespoke whether G&G was allowed to take the last with them.
You often pay extra on the first bespoke order to cover the cost of the last. I wonder if that means the customer really "owns" the last.
Anyone have any experience with this question?
actually, this has been discussed many times, anyway.
you own the raw last due you paid for it. as soon as the maker/company/workshop worked on it, it becomes their intellectual property. check their terms and conditions upfront. you run into the situation of abuse of confidence, though.
after all, as soon as the raw last is adjusted, you'll be hard pressed to find a maker, who is going to work with it. same goes, if you want to bring your own last.
it can be negotiated, but it's not the norm. it just don't make sense.
-if you have your own last and you split with the "company". it depends on their terms and condition, how to proceed.
-in an ideal world, you can put it on display in your own home.
-probably, you can show it to the new maker as an indication. chances are big that this is a dealbreaker from the start.
-do your due dilligence, when you decide to go the bespoke route. it's no one way street.
-the experience is priceless.post #7038 of 72315/15/12 at 6:06ampost #7039 of 72315/15/12 at 12:02pmpost #7040 of 72315/16/12 at 1:01amQuote:Originally Posted by Svenn
As far as I know he just runs that clothing store in Milan? Seems unlikely he could make much of RTW and MTM clothing, but perhaps he's getting some advertising $ with his image. Scott (the sartorialist) is paid around $600,000 a year by american apparel just to advertise on his site, according to an article I saw.
yeah, to my knowledge as well. I often see him in adorned in items that would suggest otherwise, which made me wonder. thanks for the response.post #7041 of 72315/16/12 at 9:21pmpost #7042 of 72315/17/12 at 11:55ampost #7043 of 72315/22/12 at 4:01pmpost #7044 of 72315/22/12 at 10:12pmpost #7045 of 72315/22/12 at 11:42pmpost #7046 of 72315/23/12 at 3:50ampost #7047 of 72315/23/12 at 10:40am
Attractive woman, dressing well:
The dark brown cardigan and red shoes & necklace actually work well to subdue the yellow trousers, and they suit her hair colour too. If I was being super-nitpicky, I'd suggest the white top is a little too pale and/or sheer, but overall, very nicely chosen pieces.post #7048 of 72315/23/12 at 11:16ampost #7049 of 72315/23/12 at 11:46amQuote:Originally Posted by deez nuts
havent had the chance to read the interview yet, leaving here as a bookmark
Go read it, guyz. Pappademas is a very colorful writer and funny guy. I gotta clean my screen now.post #7050 of 72315/23/12 at 11:50amQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
Attractive woman, dressing well:
The dark brown cardigan and red shoes & necklace actually work well to subdue the yellow trousers, and they suit her hair colour too. If I was being super-nitpicky, I'd suggest the white top is a little too pale and/or sheer, but overall, very nicely chosen pieces.
def does look like c. theron!
- Recent Sartorialist Looks
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Current State of Americana
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › CARPE DIEM S23M 5 HOLE LACEUP BOOTS Size 41 (US8-8.5) 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 5 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 7 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 7 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 7 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 9 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015