Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Girls in Guys Garb Last post on 6/27/12 at 6:38pm in Classic Menswear
- OFFICIAL Best of WAYWT/Favorite fits Last post on 6/23/14 at 3:37am in Streetwear and Denim
- Bradley Cooper-Limitless Last post on 8/20/13 at 7:29pm in Classic Menswear
- ISAIA NAPOLI - SUPER HUGE MEGATHREAD - Suits, Sport Coats, Jackets, Pants, Ties, Hangers &... Last post on 11/13/13 at 7:07am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Have you ever had an occasion where SF mentality/attitude/uniform etc. been a detriment for you? Last post on Today at 4:05 am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Recent Sartorialist Looks - Page 470
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7037 of 72085/15/12 at 5:21amQuote:Originally Posted by Harrydog
I wonder if you had a last made for you when EG did bespoke whether G&G was allowed to take the last with them.
You often pay extra on the first bespoke order to cover the cost of the last. I wonder if that means the customer really "owns" the last.
Anyone have any experience with this question?
actually, this has been discussed many times, anyway.
you own the raw last due you paid for it. as soon as the maker/company/workshop worked on it, it becomes their intellectual property. check their terms and conditions upfront. you run into the situation of abuse of confidence, though.
after all, as soon as the raw last is adjusted, you'll be hard pressed to find a maker, who is going to work with it. same goes, if you want to bring your own last.
it can be negotiated, but it's not the norm. it just don't make sense.
-if you have your own last and you split with the "company". it depends on their terms and condition, how to proceed.
-in an ideal world, you can put it on display in your own home.
-probably, you can show it to the new maker as an indication. chances are big that this is a dealbreaker from the start.
-do your due dilligence, when you decide to go the bespoke route. it's no one way street.
-the experience is priceless.post #7038 of 72085/15/12 at 6:06ampost #7039 of 72085/15/12 at 12:02pmpost #7040 of 72085/16/12 at 1:01amQuote:Originally Posted by Svenn
As far as I know he just runs that clothing store in Milan? Seems unlikely he could make much of RTW and MTM clothing, but perhaps he's getting some advertising $ with his image. Scott (the sartorialist) is paid around $600,000 a year by american apparel just to advertise on his site, according to an article I saw.
yeah, to my knowledge as well. I often see him in adorned in items that would suggest otherwise, which made me wonder. thanks for the response.post #7041 of 72085/16/12 at 9:21pmpost #7042 of 72085/17/12 at 11:55ampost #7043 of 72085/22/12 at 4:01pmpost #7044 of 72085/22/12 at 10:12pmpost #7045 of 72085/22/12 at 11:42pmpost #7046 of 72085/23/12 at 3:50ampost #7047 of 72085/23/12 at 10:40am
Attractive woman, dressing well:
The dark brown cardigan and red shoes & necklace actually work well to subdue the yellow trousers, and they suit her hair colour too. If I was being super-nitpicky, I'd suggest the white top is a little too pale and/or sheer, but overall, very nicely chosen pieces.post #7048 of 72085/23/12 at 11:16ampost #7049 of 72085/23/12 at 11:46amQuote:Originally Posted by deez nuts
havent had the chance to read the interview yet, leaving here as a bookmark
Go read it, guyz. Pappademas is a very colorful writer and funny guy. I gotta clean my screen now.post #7050 of 72085/23/12 at 11:50amQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
Attractive woman, dressing well:
The dark brown cardigan and red shoes & necklace actually work well to subdue the yellow trousers, and they suit her hair colour too. If I was being super-nitpicky, I'd suggest the white top is a little too pale and/or sheer, but overall, very nicely chosen pieces.
def does look like c. theron!
- Recent Sartorialist Looks
Styleforum Top Picks
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO 4 minutes ago
- › The Architecture Thread 5 minutes ago
- › " Tissot Watch Brand " Who owns this watch Brand ? and Do you... 5 minutes ago
- › First Black Lapel suit: fit check 5 minutes ago
- › The Longest Interview Process 6 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 6 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)