Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Girls in Guys Garb Last post on 6/27/12 at 6:38pm in Classic Menswear
- OFFICIAL Best of WAYWT/Favorite fits Last post on 11/6/14 at 8:02pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Bradley Cooper-Limitless Last post on 11/27/14 at 8:27am in Classic Menswear
- ISAIA NAPOLI - SUPER HUGE MEGATHREAD - Suits, Sport Coats, Jackets, Pants, Ties, Hangers &... Last post on 11/13/13 at 7:07am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Have you ever had an occasion where SF mentality/attitude/uniform etc. been a detriment for you? Last post on 8/27/14 at 4:05am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Recent Sartorialist Looks - Page 470
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7037 of 72305/15/12 at 5:21amQuote:Originally Posted by Harrydog
I wonder if you had a last made for you when EG did bespoke whether G&G was allowed to take the last with them.
You often pay extra on the first bespoke order to cover the cost of the last. I wonder if that means the customer really "owns" the last.
Anyone have any experience with this question?
actually, this has been discussed many times, anyway.
you own the raw last due you paid for it. as soon as the maker/company/workshop worked on it, it becomes their intellectual property. check their terms and conditions upfront. you run into the situation of abuse of confidence, though.
after all, as soon as the raw last is adjusted, you'll be hard pressed to find a maker, who is going to work with it. same goes, if you want to bring your own last.
it can be negotiated, but it's not the norm. it just don't make sense.
-if you have your own last and you split with the "company". it depends on their terms and condition, how to proceed.
-in an ideal world, you can put it on display in your own home.
-probably, you can show it to the new maker as an indication. chances are big that this is a dealbreaker from the start.
-do your due dilligence, when you decide to go the bespoke route. it's no one way street.
-the experience is priceless.post #7038 of 72305/15/12 at 6:06ampost #7039 of 72305/15/12 at 12:02pmpost #7040 of 72305/16/12 at 1:01amQuote:Originally Posted by Svenn
As far as I know he just runs that clothing store in Milan? Seems unlikely he could make much of RTW and MTM clothing, but perhaps he's getting some advertising $ with his image. Scott (the sartorialist) is paid around $600,000 a year by american apparel just to advertise on his site, according to an article I saw.
yeah, to my knowledge as well. I often see him in adorned in items that would suggest otherwise, which made me wonder. thanks for the response.post #7041 of 72305/16/12 at 9:21pmpost #7042 of 72305/17/12 at 11:55ampost #7043 of 72305/22/12 at 4:01pmpost #7044 of 72305/22/12 at 10:12pmpost #7045 of 72305/22/12 at 11:42pmpost #7046 of 72305/23/12 at 3:50ampost #7047 of 72305/23/12 at 10:40am
Attractive woman, dressing well:
The dark brown cardigan and red shoes & necklace actually work well to subdue the yellow trousers, and they suit her hair colour too. If I was being super-nitpicky, I'd suggest the white top is a little too pale and/or sheer, but overall, very nicely chosen pieces.post #7048 of 72305/23/12 at 11:16ampost #7049 of 72305/23/12 at 11:46amQuote:Originally Posted by deez nuts
havent had the chance to read the interview yet, leaving here as a bookmark
Go read it, guyz. Pappademas is a very colorful writer and funny guy. I gotta clean my screen now.post #7050 of 72305/23/12 at 11:50amQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
Attractive woman, dressing well:
The dark brown cardigan and red shoes & necklace actually work well to subdue the yellow trousers, and they suit her hair colour too. If I was being super-nitpicky, I'd suggest the white top is a little too pale and/or sheer, but overall, very nicely chosen pieces.
def does look like c. theron!
- Recent Sartorialist Looks
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › Naked and famous denim 1 minute ago
- › Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to... 4 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 6 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 9 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 11 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 13 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 19 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 20 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 20 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...