or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Recent Sartorialist Looks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Recent Sartorialist Looks - Page 40

post #586 of 7230
And that reminds me of Bartleby.

I prefer not.
post #587 of 7230
Hello?!? McFly?!?
post #588 of 7230
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyoneill View Post


Does anybody want to critique the fit here...I for one believe the shoulder is too wide.

I think the fit/look is great.

I'm still not sure how i feel about the 'double bladed' tie. It reeks of sprezzatura, but not the good kind. In terms of annoying, it's probably second place to the unbuckled monkstrap.
post #589 of 7230
Quote:
Originally Posted by greekonomist View Post
When it comes to the sartorialist, there's that pic he took of Luciano Barbera, and then there's everything else.

+100 That picture was very inspiring.
post #590 of 7230
Quote:
Originally Posted by embowafa View Post
I'm still not sure how i feel about the 'double bladed' tie. It reeks of sprezzatura, but not the good kind. In terms of annoying, it's probably second place to the unbuckled monkstrap.

Funny you should mention that - Sarto was jizzing himself over this guy's perfect sprezzatura in the write-up for this photo.
post #591 of 7230
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreco View Post
Funny you should mention that - Sarto was jizzing himself over this guy's perfect sprezzatura in the write-up for this photo.

it's just so blatant and silly.

It always reminds of the 'futuristic' double-ties from Back to the Future Part II.
post #592 of 7230
Quote:
Originally Posted by embowafa View Post
it's just so blatant and silly.

It always reminds of the 'futuristic' double-ties from Back to the Future Part II.

Everyone knows hoverboards don't work on water.
post #593 of 7230
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrocsRock View Post


Absolutely hopeless. I christen thy look FauxCamel.

post #594 of 7230
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyoneill View Post
Does anybody want to critique the fit here...I for one believe the shoulder is too wide.

I just put my finger on who his guy looks like: Nick Hogan.

also, on the annoying scale, it appears he has number one on my list: folded inside rather than hemmed jeans.
post #595 of 7230
Quote:
Originally Posted by greekonomist View Post
When it comes to the sartorialist, there's that pic he took of Luciano Barbera, and then there's everything else.

I'm intrigued. Which photo was this?
post #596 of 7230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
Nobody commented on this?

Personally I liked the mix of colors and textures. The peak lapels look good. Jacket looks a bit too tight but I blame the thick cardi. Jacket is short, even for the cropped style. Sleeves also might actually be a bit short although it's emphasized by him especially pulling out and showing cuff on both the shirt and cardi. Personally, I saved the pic as a color and style reference. thought it was interesting... comments?

and of course, i think the camera angle and lighting were quite striking, helps really make that pose and head angle striking.


I don't find the jacket particularly cropped - it seems to be more of a short sizing. It's pretty near to his hands as laid by his sides. The sleeve length appears fine to my European-biased eye, and allows for a neat layering technique with his other sleeves. The colour mix is good, though it seems inadvertently(?) influenced by Tom Baker's Doctor, right down to the scarf. I concur with your explanation for his jacket pull

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyoneill View Post
Does anybody want to critique the fit here...I for one believe the shoulder is too wide.

Jeans and sportscoat - the mullet of dressing, as was once said. I've seen it done in an appealing way by precisely two people, one of whom is our own SkinnyGoomba, and neither of whom is this man

He's sporting a Pagoda shoulder, which I like, and he is in motion, so the precise fit is harder to judge. I've nothing much against the use of the tie, but I find the worn jeans to be far more egregious. Maybe a different shoe or boot might have minimised its incongruity. Also doesn't help that the Sart had a photo of Lapo Elkann in almost exactly the same outfit, right down to the haircut, from about 3 years ago, making this guy look derivative and even slavish
post #597 of 7230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
Nobody commented on this?

Personally I liked the mix of colors and textures. The peak lapels look good. Jacket looks a bit too tight but I blame the thick cardi. Jacket is short, even for the cropped style. Sleeves also might actually be a bit short although it's emphasized by him especially pulling out and showing cuff on both the shirt and cardi. Personally, I saved the pic as a color and style reference. thought it was interesting... comments?

and of course, i think the camera angle and lighting were quite striking, helps really make that pose and head angle striking.


I really like the scarf. Wonder where he got it?
post #598 of 7230
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by barims View Post
IAlso doesn't help that the Sart had a photo of Lapo Elkann in almost exactly the same outfit, right down to the haircut, from about 3 years ago, making this guy look derivative and even slavish

If pairing a navy blazer with jeans, a blue tie and a short haircut is considered derivative or slavish, then I need to be freed from such shackles.
post #599 of 7230
Quote:
Originally Posted by triniboy27 View Post
If pairing a navy blazer with jeans, a blue tie and a short haircut is considered derivative or slavish, then I need to freed from such shackles.


+1
post #600 of 7230
Quote:
Originally Posted by triniboy27 View Post
If pairing a navy blazer with jeans, a blue tie and a short haircut is considered derivative or slavish, then I need to be freed from such shackles.
For completion's sake, please finish taking the rest of my post out of context, smart guy. As a result of your actions, that +1 above is now the most slavish thing in this thread And considering I generally dislike the look, as stated above, you won't find any support from me there either
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Recent Sartorialist Looks