or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Recent Sartorialist Looks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Recent Sartorialist Looks - Page 2

post #16 of 7219
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
I've had my eye on that bolt for a long time. Every time I think about it, I realize that I wear that weight coat once a year.

Too light or too heavy? It looks light in the photo.
post #17 of 7219
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
Too light or too heavy? It looks light in the photo.
It is a heavy tweed. Too heavy for California, probably.
post #18 of 7219
Quote:
Originally Posted by greekonomist View Post
Probably because there's always something to redeem his outfits, like that sweet sweet coat.

Really don;t think that coat is that sweet. Great sportsjacket pattern but the minute you don that thing on, you better be sure everything else you are wearing is as sedate as a coma. he;s got about 6 different colors, a patterned sporcoat, that horrible suede hat. Someone like mafoo post himself wearing this and he'll be laughed under the table.
post #19 of 7219
Hate #1, despise #2, love #3 in spite of the theatrical nature of the outfit
post #20 of 7219
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
Hate #1,

Thank god I am not the only one. Really is awful.
post #21 of 7219
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
It is a heavy tweed. Too heavy for California, probably.

Gotcha. That could maybe work for me, though. Was it a vintage bolt?
post #22 of 7219
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
Gotcha. That could maybe work for me, though. Was it a vintage bolt?
I don't think so. It is on the bottom right of the big wall of fabric, and always seems to be there. It looked like there was more than one length left, the last time I was there.
post #23 of 7219
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
Someone like mafoo post himself wearing this and he'll be laughed under the table.

I think this is the benefit of presence or gravitas or whatever you want to call it.

Similar to that picture of the 52-year old boxer wearing a too-tight coat and short jeans. On anyone else, it looks horrible but he manages to pull it off inspite of the faults.
post #24 of 7219
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
Too light or too heavy? It looks light in the photo.

Speaking of which, M., how do you get by in NYC without an over-/topcoat? Does your Mac have a removable wool liner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
Really don;t think that coat is that sweet. Great sportsjacket pattern but the minute you don that thing on, you better be sure everything else you are wearing is as sedate as a coma. he;s got about 6 different colors, a patterned sporcoat, that horrible suede hat. Someone like mafoo post himself wearing this and he'll be laughed under the table.

I just like the pattern. You're right that it might be better as a sportcoat.
post #25 of 7219
Quote:
Originally Posted by embowafa View Post
oh, and this picture is hot on so many levels......


Yeah, this beats the picture that Manouche took of the school marm's calves in London.
post #26 of 7219
Quote:
Originally Posted by triniboy27 View Post
.

Is that a black waistcoat?
post #27 of 7219
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
Thank god I am not the only one. Really is awful.
The suit is probably nice enough (although I hate the shoulders) but the pocket square looks retarded and the giant electric blue scarf make him look like a color-blind miniature person.
post #28 of 7219
Just to be slightly geeky for a moment, the best thing about his blog is that he post classy photography. He strips the EXIF date from the jpegs but the images have the look of Canon 85mm F1.2 dream lens
post #29 of 7219
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
I don't think so. It is on the bottom right of the big wall of fabric, and always seems to be there. It looked like there was more than one length left, the last time I was there.

Hmm. A coat might make slightly more sense than six more longwings. Might.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekonomist View Post
Speaking of which, M., how do you get by in NYC without an over-/topcoat? Does your Mac have a removable wool liner?

No, I just get cold. But when I wear the Mac over a suit or odd jacket, it actually keeps me fairly warm down to 20-some degrees. I just need to make sure I wear gloves and a scarf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
The suit is probably nice enough (although I hate the shoulders) but the pocket square looks retarded and the giant electric blue scarf make him look like a color-blind miniature person.

It's not nearly as bad as the 'right' fitting one he posted a few weeks ago.
post #30 of 7219
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
The suit is probably nice enough (although I hate the shoulders) but the pocket square looks retarded and the giant electric blue scarf make him look like a color-blind miniature person.

the giant electric blue scarf is bad but the electric blue gloves in Luca's coat pocket are not , I'm not crazy about #1 as I find the suit too slim overall, at least what we can see, but if I had to wear number 1 or number 3............
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Recent Sartorialist Looks