or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Showerheads
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Showerheads - Page 5

post #61 of 90
post #62 of 90
Oh gee, how can you fight the temptation to high-five someone right now?
Greg make sure your boss does not catch you posting this or you find yourself stay-at-home dad very soon.
post #63 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkzzzz View Post
Greg make sure your boss does not catch you posting this or you find yourself stay-at-home dad very soon.
No problem Borat - thanks for the heads up
post #64 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkzzzz View Post
When I read adjustable showehead I though immediately of a flexible one that you can fix to the wall or hold in your hand. None of the hotels in US have that nor most apartments /houses. I have no idea what sort of acrobatic contortions Americans perform in a shower in order to get themsleves clean.
How could one take a complete shower with showerhead permanently attached to the wall????
Also why the f---k every bathroom sink has a plug?

I actually agree - every place I've had I replaced the regular head with the handshower. Love those things.

New place has a Grohe Jumbo Rain + 3 Grohe side heads + Grohe hand shower.. The mixer/thermostat unit is kind of annoying though. Too bad I probably won't spend as much time there as I'd like.
post #65 of 90
This thread reminds me of a Seinfeld episode -- "no low flow!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkzzzz View Post
When I read adjustable showehead I though immediately of a flexible one that you can fix to the wall or hold in your hand. None of the hotels in US have that nor most apartments /houses. I have no idea what sort of acrobatic contortions Americans perform in a shower in order to get themsleves clean.
How could one take a complete shower with showerhead permanently attached to the wall????
Also why the f---k every bathroom sink has a plug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flambeur View Post
I actually agree - every place I've had I replaced the regular head with the handshower. Love those things.

New place has a Grohe Jumbo Rain + 3 Grohe side heads + Grohe hand shower.. The mixer/thermostat unit is kind of annoying though. Too bad I probably won't spend as much time there as I'd like.

+1

Mine is an old (12 yrs plus), unabashedly plastic Waterpik Shower Massage
post #66 of 90
In my experience, the homes with handheld massage showers are homes with women who spend a lot of time in the shower.

post #67 of 90
My parents have the hand-held head on the hose and I hate it (I love Hs though). It never stays oriented in the correct direction. To wash your rear with a wall-attached head, you just gotta perfect that hand-in-cheeks-now-splash-with-repetitive-motion thing. I know everyone knows it; I once had a girl in the shower with me and she said "you wash your ass just like me." I figured she wasn't that special. I live in a super-green, new condo development, and I just checked - my shower flow is about 1.5 gallons per minute, and it feels more substantial than what I've had at other places I've lived. I'm very happy with it. My toilet is a Caroma. What does that mean?
post #68 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by unjung View Post
My toilet is a Caroma. What does that mean?

It means that you probably poop in it.



Caromas are well made, but nothing extraordinarily special in the way of performance that I'm aware of. I think their big thing is conserving water. A lot of their toilets have a dual flush. One for "solids" and one for "liquids".
post #69 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim View Post
In my experience, the homes with handheld massage showers are homes with women who spend a lot of time in the shower.




My wife is too short to take it out of the bracket

Quote:
Originally Posted by unjung View Post
My parents have the hand-held head on the hose and I hate it (I love Hs though). It never stays oriented in the correct direction. To wash your rear with a wall-attached head, you just gotta perfect that hand-in-cheeks-now-splash-with-repetitive-motion thing. I know everyone knows it; I once had a girl in the shower with me and she said "you wash your ass just like me." I figured she wasn't that special.

I live in a super-green, new condo development, and I just checked - my shower flow is about 1.5 gallons per minute, and it feels more substantial than what I've had at other places I've lived. I'm very happy with it.

My toilet is a Caroma. What does that mean?

I'm guessing you need to replace the little bracket that the thing sits in, then, since there is no problem with mine (I replaced that bracket about 5 years ago but still have the very old original handset).
post #70 of 90
Lots of great information in here. So, getting back to the original question...whats a good recommendation for a showerhead?
post #71 of 90
We're just redoing our bathroom and going with the Speakman. The local plumbing guy where I bought the other fixtures said it's the best showerhead he's tried except for a Dornbracht which is about 4x the price. I like the sort of old school utilitarian look, too, even though we went with slicker trim for the faucets and shower valves.
post #72 of 90
I tried out the Speakman with the side turny knob thing. Worst showerhead ever. It felt like I was showering while someone was dumping a bucket of water over my head. No pressure. I ended up with a Moen adjustable from Bed Bath & Beyond. Great settings and pressure and about the same price. It's plastic but who the fuck cares.
post #73 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
I tried out the Speakman with the side turny knob thing. Worst showerhead ever. It felt like I was showering while someone was dumping a bucket of water over my head. No pressure.

I ended up with a Moen adjustable from Bed Bath & Beyond. Great settings and pressure and about the same price. It's plastic but who the fuck cares.


Strange, this is the exact opposite of nearly everyone's experiences I've ever heard.

Speakman usually excels in pressure testing where Moens many times do not.
Especially once you remove the regulator.
post #74 of 90
Excellent information Tokyo Slim!
post #75 of 90
First, I would get the flexible shower set consisting of vertical rod on which flexible shower head resides and slides up and down by pushing button.
Second, check for any plastic parts: the rule is the screws should never be plastic and both ends of the flexible hose should be made of metal. If they are not it is garbage not worth any money.

Third, get the normal faucet for your sink with one lever that sets the T of the water instead of two (Hot and Cold) also get the faucet with flexible bidet hose/head which attached underneather the sink.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Showerheads