or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › FS: Men's Clothing (Archive) › What's with all the prohibited bumps in B&S?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What's with all the prohibited bumps in B&S?

post #1 of 171
Thread Starter 
I've seen a ton of offenses lately. Please read the rules.

Bumping your threads to get them to the top will result in a thread lock if we see it. The only exception is to announce a significant price drop on items - 5-10% or so sounds reasonable.

If you are new and you do this, I will very likely spaminate your entire account.

If you are not new and you keep doing this, I will ban you.

Updates on what is sold can be made by editing the original post.
Answering questions in the thread is semi-acceptable, but try to do it by PM and then edit the info into your original post.

If you want people to see you have stuff for sale, put that info along with a link to your sale thread in your signature, and post useful posts around the forum.

If I see a bunch of one word or useless posts from a person with any links in his sig, I will watch and likely ban.

You have been warned.

Have a nice day!
post #2 of 171
bump
post #3 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.no View Post
I've seen a ton of offenses lately. Please read the rules.

Bumping your threads to get them to the top will result in a thread lock if we see it. The only exception is to announce a significant price drop on items - 5-10% or so sounds reasonable.

If you are new and you do this, I will very likely spaminate your entire account.

If you are not new and you keep doing this, I will ban you.

Updates on what is sold can be made by editing the original post.
Answering questions in the thread is semi-acceptable, but try to do it by PM and then edit the info into your original post.

If you want people to see you have stuff for sale, put that info along with a link to your sale thread in your signature, and post useful posts around the forum.

If I see a bunch of one word or useless posts from a person with any links in his sig, I will watch and likely ban.

You have been warned.

Have a nice day!

Hear, hear.
post #4 of 171
to the top!
post #5 of 171
Price drops
post #6 of 171
Great Post!

<cross-posted in "For Sale: Streetwear & Denim">
post #7 of 171
Monday Morning Bumpity Bump-Bump Badump!!
post #8 of 171
What about a post informing people that the item is no longer for sale??? i.e. It has been moved to eBay.
post #9 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel222 View Post
What about a post informing people that the item is no longer for sale??? i.e. It has been moved to eBay.

I think in previous discussions, updates to sales - ie price drops, information about sold items, as well as moving items to ebay was considered kosher
post #10 of 171
Thanks, Dr. No! I've noticed this, too, and have tried to report it... but often to no avail.

As for marking an item sold or moved to ebay, why not just edit the original post instead of making a whole new post just to say it? I think that price drops or major edits/alterations/additions are the only reasons why you need to bump your own thread.

Sending it back up to the top JUST to say, "Item is sold" isn't really necessary, I think.
post #11 of 171
I think it is significant to note a moved to eBay. If someone was interested, but not at the original listed price, many times I move stuff to eBay with a .99 starting price. They may be interested in bidding less than my forum asking price.
post #12 of 171
I think that a bump to say something is sold should be Kosher...just my 2 cents...but will abide by the moderators. To me something being no longer available is a major change to its status, that is even more significant than a $5-10 price drop.
post #13 of 171
bumping so the 10:28 am crowd can see it.
post #14 of 171
Might we get clarification from the moderators if bumps regarding sold items, adding additional items, etc... is copasetic?

Thanks.
post #15 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post
I think that a bump to say something is sold should be Kosher...just my 2 cents...but will abide by the moderators. To me something being no longer available is a major change to its status, that is even more significant than a $5-10 price drop.

If something has a price drop, it can pop back up top because it is being sold cheaper so it deserves a new face. However, a sold item popping back up top because it's sold is going to do nothing but cause fist slams across the country.

In addition, I think the main reason they don't allow a sold status change is because often people are selling more than one item and informing people of the item that is no longer available is really to inform them of the ones that are still available.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › FS: Men's Clothing (Archive) › What's with all the prohibited bumps in B&S?