or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › How to wear a casual tie?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How to wear a casual tie? - Page 7

post #91 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosenberg View Post
come on man, suzuki is wearing cargo pants. do you mean to tell me you'd rather wear cargo pants than jeans?

i do, in fact.
post #92 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by _cameosis_ View Post
i do, in fact.

i dont think youll be getting too many supporters on that one
post #93 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosenberg View Post
i dont think youll be getting too many supporters on that one

that's fine with me -- i came here to look for info, not for support.
post #94 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosenberg View Post
i dont think youll be getting too many supporters on that one

Not unless it's the WWM field pant!
post #95 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Not unless it's the WWM field pant!

care to help me out with the abbreviation? i have trouble decoding the "m" part, thanks.
post #96 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by _cameosis_ View Post
care to help me out with the abbreviation? i have trouble decoding the "m" part, thanks.

WWM = woolrich woolen mills
post #97 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
WWM = woolrich woolen mills

thanks.

mine is actually u.s. army dead stock. but there's some nice stuff @ woolrich, i'll keep an eye out for their articles, cheers.
post #98 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf View Post
What do you guys mean with the word casual? Is casual school etc or does parties go under casual aswell? Kinda new on the forum, sorry for the dumb question.

I think this is a key point missing in this discussion.

If you wear a tie to a party where PBR is the drink of choice - you come off as if you are superior to those you drink with. Just like the guy who brings Grey Goose where everyone else is drinking Sauza - same concept. If you instead convey a sense of humility - you can pull off a tie. Like the old gentleman in southern france who wears a tie to the market to get fresh fish - he is showing respect to the food that his god has given him - a sign of humility - he pulls it off.

I used to wear ties to work once in a while. Nobody else does except when there are layoffs and managers need to show respect for those they have to lay off - they then wear a full suit. Once I realized this - I stopped wearing ties. I am an entry level guy, its not my place to be above seasoned vetrans who have shed blood for this company.

My point is, wear ties when the venue, company you keep, or activity is superior to you - not when you are trying to be superior over these things.
post #99 of 102
I don't think i understood any of that especially the grey goose and sauza thing since one is vodka and the other tequila. Also, ties are acceptable with miller highlife as it's the champagne of beers. Perfect for the casual elegance that the casual tie brings to the table
post #100 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketOpportunity View Post
I used to wear ties to work once in a while. Nobody else does except when there are layoffs and managers need to show respect for those they have to lay off - they then wear a full suit. Once I realized this - I stopped wearing ties. I am an entry level guy, its not my place to be above seasoned vetrans who have shed blood for this company.

Blackwater?
post #101 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronoaug View Post
I don't think i understood any of that especially the grey goose and sauza thing since one is vodka and the other tequila.

Also, ties are acceptable with miller highlife as it's the champagne of beers. Perfect for the casual elegance that the casual tie brings to the table

Makes sense to me - my intrepretation of the X factor. Two people wearing the same thing, one looks like a tool, and the other looks like someone you would want to have a conversation with. Some call it charisma - I think its the attitude one conveys towards their environment at that time.

Also, I drink smoothe vodka in nice restaurants - I drink cheap tequila when im feeling...dirty.
post #102 of 102
i prefer non-alcoholic beverage -- tastes better.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › How to wear a casual tie?