or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › How to wear a casual tie?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How to wear a casual tie? - Page 3

post #31 of 102
i wear ties for no reason all the time. if a non-logger can wear redwings, why cant i wear a tie? anyhow, never should you wear one with an untucked shirt, and the material is a big deal, meaning no silk or anything shiny. i love the hillside ties and i have a few vintage knits that i like also. if youve got balls and confidence it is possible to pull off that club monaco ss button down with a tie thing but be forewarned, gone wrong it will be an epic failure. i like white oxford shirts (theyre one of my favorites) with a simple jacket like a harrington because for one: the v-neck sweater is what everyone wears casually with a tie, and two: it is WAY easier to pull it off with a jacket/sweater. done right, you can use the jacket to emphasize the casualness of the look. that being said, i think a lot of your ability to pull this off is based on your character and personality
post #32 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by glasses guy View Post
noob here (obviously) but is it really dat serious. wear it how u wanna wear it. me, i wear ties with button down shirts NOT tucked in, top button not buttoned, sleeves rolled up, with fitted jeans, and chucks. sometimes a wear a button down sweater vest with it and i get compliments all the time. my advice would be to make the look your own. the only deciding factor is that you just be confident with it. if u wear it and realize u don't like it, just change it next time u wear it. but again, i'm just a noob.

Glasses guy

my friend, if this is not a serious matter to you, then you have stumbled across the wrong forum
post #33 of 102
if you live in the pages of a gq magazine it looks solid. otherwise, i rarely ever see it look good.

The guy with the red sweater doesn't look good at all. Looks like a church christmas party.
post #34 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronoaug View Post
if you live in the pages of a gq magazine it looks solid. otherwise, i rarely ever see it look good.

Yes. Trying to replicate this makes you look like a teenager.
post #35 of 102
It's the startched white shirt and shiny tie combo. It just looks out of place with jeans. I agree with the church comment, it's mormonesque.
post #36 of 102
wrapped around your head is the only acceptable answer, sorry noobs
post #37 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eason View Post
Indeed, here's one of mine:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
post #38 of 102
Don't.
post #39 of 102
i have a pretty good feeling that at least one person here who says "it cant be done" owns some type of work-looking boots but in fact actually performs no work, and for some reason thats ok. but not a tie in a non-corporate setting. it might not be easy to do, but it can be done
post #40 of 102
i wear it when i feel like it cause i can. 95% of guys don't know how to tie a tie where i live.
post #41 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by riraito View Post
i wear it when i feel like it cause i can. 95% of guys don't know how to tie a tie where i live.

i think thats one of the main reasons i feel like i can as well. i live in houston where "dressed up" is an ed hardy tee and true religions. i can do whatever the fuck i want and nobody will know the difference anyway
post #42 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosenberg View Post
i have a pretty good feeling that at least one person here who says "it cant be done" owns some type of work-looking boots but in fact actually performs no work, and for some reason thats ok. but not a tie in a non-corporate setting. it might not be easy to do, but it can be done
No need to venture into the theoretical here; the gut says it looks stupid. Boots usually don't.
post #43 of 102
i disagree
post #44 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixrecon View Post
i disagree

as do i but apparently the style wizards of the internet have overruled that decision
post #45 of 102
yes we have

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › How to wear a casual tie?