• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Most annoying people at the gym...

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There are people who are much more annoying than that.

lefty

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The list includes some that are stupid: 2, 5, 7, 8 and 10.

James Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dudes wearing baseball caps to lift

Resolution exercisers who insist on going for the first time during peak hours without knowing how to use any of the equipment

That guy who spends 45 minutes doing curl variations, checking for growth between sets

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Weird naked locker room guy should be on this list.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Clicking your DBs together at the top of a press annoys the hell out of me. Throwing them down at the end of your set makes me want to kill you.

lefty

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
the only people that annoy me at the gym are those who wear a very heavy perfume and they leave that scent smeared on the bench or seat. like last time i had to use a bench after this indian guy used it and i got all his cologne scent on my tshirt. to this day even a year later after millions of washes it still smells of him.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
the only people that annoy me at the gym are those who wear a very heavy perfume and they leave that scent smeared on the bench or seat. like last time i had to use a bench after this indian guy used it and i got all his cologne scent on my tshirt. to this day even a year later after millions of washes it still smells of him.

It's worse when there is a person that stinks to high heaven like they hadn't showered in days and the smell lingers.

wiscogooner

Reaction score
definitely "the couple"

there used to be this total bro frat guy who'd bring his mystic tanned peroxide girlfriend and she did nothing but ***** and complain about him wanting her to do squats while he flexed his biceps in the mirror and argued with her while they both hog the squat rack. I always dreaded seeing them if I didn't have my ipod with me.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The author neglected to include the dope who uses the squat rack to do his stretching routine.

And let's not forget the thoughtless oblivions who lay on the benches and other equipment between sets without even looking up to see how many people are waiting.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
This, gentlemen, is why I started running.

I pass those who are slower than me, and those who are faster are serious enough about it to a) know what they're doing, and 2) not loaf around during a workout.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
This, gentlemen, is why I started running.
Come down off your high horse, Thomas. Runners deal with their share of a-holes, too. For starters, how about that guy who walks his dog on the fishing-reel leash? You know, the jerk who doesn't think to reel his animal in until you've already tripped over the twenty yards of leash he's got played out?

And what about those people who take walks on park trails with three or four generations of their extended families? It doesn't annoy you that they always manage to spread out across the entire path, choking it off as if they're the only people in the world?

Oldboy

Reaction score
My list:

-the jerks who don't re-rack weights
-people who talk on their cell phones between sets
-people who workout directly in front of the dumbbell rack, blocking access
-guys who use the squat rack to do curls
-high school kids that workout in groups of 3 or more
-fat chicks wearing tight clothes
-douchebags that load 6 plates on the barbell to do squats and use a 3 inch ROM
-people that wear matching outfits
-personal trainers who are out of shape

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Squat rack curlers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads