• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Feedback on Black Fleece Fit / Comments please

JPHardy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BB Black Fleece Size BB4.

This is straight out of the box with no adjustments. I don't think I like the fit/look, but not quite sure. I know there are those that love and those that hate the TB look. Just wanted to hear some feed back, should I proceed with getting in tailored or should I send back?

Thanks you for your input.

DSC_0457.jpg

DSC_0459.jpg

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not quite working for you.

Is this last season - 07? If so, you may find this season to be a little more forgiving in length.

lefty

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Jacket's too short, button stance too high.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That super-shortness bugs the hell out of me, but I realize that it's part of the TB/BB aesthetic.

Otherwise, shoulder, chest, sleevelength seems to be pretty spot on.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No offense but that looks horrible.

The proportions of the jacket do not match yours...

emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like short jackets just not on you.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
That super-shortness bugs the hell out of me, but I realize that it's part of the TB/BB aesthetic.

Otherwise, shoulder, chest, sleevelength seems to be pretty spot on.

This is what I'm struggling with. Based on 'conventional' design and fit, the jacket is short. But as Lee alludes to, isn't this what the TB fit (and I'm far from an expert in TB) is supposed to look like?

HalfCanvas

Reaction score
It's a shame because it is clearly a beautifully made suit -- it's just that everthing seems too high (the button, the pockets, the jacket waist) and then too short (the length).

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes, but that doesn't mean it looks good. I think when you get up to the 44R size range, you may be pushing the limits of what's acceptable even by TB's self-chosen lights.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Yes, but that doesn't mean it looks good. I think when you get up to the 44R size range, you may be pushing the limits of what's acceptable even by TB's self-chosen lights.

Fair point. From the looks I've seen, proportion seems to be almost everything and scaling may not translate well for larger fellows.

Incidentally, does anyone know if the BB BF suits are cut the same way?

EDIT: too early w/out coffee...I had TB on the mind, and read too quickly without realizing this was a BB BF suit.

JPHardy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure there will be other replies, but for now I agree with just about everything here.

The shoulders sleeves etc I think are pretty spot on.

The buttons, pockets sit way to high and the jacket is way too short.

Overall I like what TB has done for fashion, although we probably will have a "what were we thinking" moment in the future.

This does not look good one me at all. This is the 07, the 08 is a bit more forgiving as Lefty mentioned, but I still think it is not for me. And probably not for bigger guys like me.

Those taller gents thinking about BB Black Fleece, I am 6'4" 210 lbs. Hopes this gives and idea of what the suit might look like on you if you fit my mold.

Thank you once again to all.

95///M3

Reaction score
I like it. I personally have the same suit though so I am biased. What size is it btw?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads