or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Arrow Moccasins
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Arrow Moccasins - Page 4

post #46 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by changed View Post
you guys think the lace boot will look good with shorts?

I'm on the fence between the Lace Boot and the 2 eye moc for this summer...

think the 2 eye moc will look better for summer for sure. good luck making your decision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe E Taleo View Post
I based my decision on price- Though the quoddy's are resoleable, the arrows were a good $70 cheaper (at least for the quoddy camp soles)- maybe in the long run the quoddys are a better deal, but for the here and now I went with the arrows. I'll let you know in a year or so if that was a good or bad deal.



I chatted with them on the phone, and they never talked about other color options, which is strange considering I've seen other options on the japanese web pages.

The regular soles (non crepe soles) are resoleable though. Why does everyone want the crepe soles?

I see I'll have to ask when I place an order. Thanks for the info.

Anyone had a chance to visit them? I want to go... too bad can't take public transportation to Hudson, MA.
post #47 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium View Post
Why does everyone want the crepe soles?

Word has it that leather soles will wear quickly on pavement. And, steeze.
post #48 of 180
Anybody have any long-term wear results yet using the crepe soles? How long do they last?
post #49 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjnv View Post
They're nice but I prefer these colors:





Which do you think is more versatile?

How to get the tanish colored ones? Does arrow sell these directly?
post #50 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard View Post
Anybody have any long-term wear results yet using the crepe soles? How long do they last?

I should have a good report in a few months haha
seriously though, I plan to wear the shit out of these without any socks. Gonna give them a good run for their money
post #51 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard View Post
Anybody have any long-term wear results yet using the crepe soles? How long do they last?


Newbie to the forum ...interesting thread on these mocs. Can't say for sure which is gonna win out but I've got a pair of double-soled leather Quoddy Tracker Boots and a pair of their Ring Boots with the crepe sole ...my money is on the Trackers ...I've had them now for about six months and the leather wears like iron (and most of my "trails" are covered in cement).

The problem I see with the Arrow crepe soles is the stitching used to attach them to the moc ....it's gonna wear through eventually and then what happens?
post #52 of 180
I just got a pair with double leather soles, and they're fucking awesome.
post #53 of 180
goodluck getting your orders processed by them. I placed an order, waited a month and didn't get a call so ordered from rakuten.
post #54 of 180
just got my 2-eyelet mocs in the mail last night - very happy with the quality/fit, etc (i sized down .5). i wish the light tan ones that oi polloi had were available, but i'm fine with the dark brown. i also have a question about the leather smell - it's not bad, per se, but i'd rather go without. anyone know of any treatments that might neutralize this?

either way, these are gonna look great this summer w/ shorts and no socks ... really comfortable too.
post #55 of 180
I've worn mine quite a bit and so far I'm surprised how durable the crepe seems to be. My fears that they'd wear out with a few wears were unfounded. They do offer very little support or cushioning, however.
post #56 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by escarole View Post
just got my 2-eyelet mocs in the mail last night - very happy with the quality/fit, etc (i sized down .5). i wish the light tan ones that oi polloi had were available, but i'm fine with the dark brown. i also have a question about the leather smell - it's not bad, per se, but i'd rather go without. anyone know of any treatments that might neutralize this?

either way, these are gonna look great this summer w/ shorts and no socks ... really comfortable too.

how did you order them? Fill out an online form and wait for them to call you? How long did it take?
post #57 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post
how did you order them? Fill out an online form and wait for them to call you? How long did it take?

called him. he was very friendly and helpful. total time was about 5-6 wks.
post #58 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post
goodluck getting your orders processed by them. I placed an order, waited a month and didn't get a call so ordered from rakuten.

"Delivery is usually 6 weeks plus shipping. Some styles will take less time, while some others may take awhile longer. "

I emailed and called to give them my credit card number, and got them in 4 weeks or so. They were exceptionally nice over the phone.
post #59 of 180
got a pair of these in 10US for sale: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...25#post2036925
post #60 of 180
Anyone have pics of Arrow mocs that are worn in or just normal fit pics? Thinking about ordering some lace boots w/ crepe and hopefully in the white (or is it un-tanned/natural) leather.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Arrow Moccasins