or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › My London's trip = All you need to know
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My London's trip = All you need to know - Page 6

post #76 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit of 69 View Post
JS, you've pretty much summed up my view on it in your interpretation right there.

1. To me there is no difference between racial humour and racist humour because the former is by definition a species of the latter
2. I never laugh at racist jokes, not because I'm being a PC idelaist, I just genuinely don't find them funny. And I pull people up on them. Have done for decades, since I was a London police
officer in fact.
As a young Irish Catholic man of socialist views and a young cop in London the mid 80s I simply got fed up with the endless round of malicious Irish jokes, always told by English and Scottish bigots with an axe to grind about the Irish in Britain and the situation in Northern Ireland, and so I started fighting back. Even pulling up fellow officers.

3. I am firmly of the opinion that if you laugh at a racist joke and you don't pull up the teller then you are a racist. It's as simple as that.

It's black & white for me my friend, there are no grey areas. You either let racism wash over you in the form of unchallenged jokes and racist slurs about your own work colleagues or you take a stand and challenge it!

I challenge it every time!


well while i'm sure you can imagine i don't agree with this viewpoint, i do respect that you hold up your beliefs so firmly, no matter the audience. I know how difficult it can be, especially in the environment you described. agree to disagree and let bygones be bygones?
post #77 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddieriley View Post
^^Do you know what racism even is (serious question)?
Who are you asking?

If you're asking me, let me tell you that I worked on a street crimes unit in central and west London dealing with racist attacks for six months, with support from the CRE (Commission for Racial Equality) So I know very well from the sharp end, and seeing many victims of racist attacks, what racism is.

But you might not have been asking me!
post #78 of 134
This is too heavy for a Manouche thread. If you expect him to address these racial issues, then you are wrong. He'll be busy rolling his boogers while you guys are talking amongst yourselves.
post #79 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by js4design View Post
well while i'm sure you can imagine i don't agree with this viewpoint, i do respect that you hold up your beliefs so firmly, no matter the audience. I know how difficult it can be, especially in the environment you described. agree to disagree and let bygones be bygones?


Fair enough by me mate. But what bygones? We haven't had an argument or even a heated discussion, rather we've had a pleasant, calm discussion. So nothing really to let be
Just two people expressing different opinions to each other, perfectly normal, nothing worng with that.
post #80 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNS View Post
This is too heavy for a Manouche thread. If you expect him to address these racial issues, then you are wrong. He'll be busy rolling his boogers while you guys are talking amongst yourselves.


Hopefully though it will open his eyes to the fact that he can't just come on here and refer to a fellow Londoner, fellow human, as a Paki without me and thankfully several others giving him a hard time!
post #81 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit of 69 View Post
Fair enough by me mate. But what bygones? We haven't had an argument or even a heated discussion, rather we've had a pleasant, calm discussion. So nothing really to let be
Just two people expressing different opinions to each other, perfectly normal, nothing worng with that.

haha, good point. and i should say that its nice to talk about something like this without someone turning it into a shouting match. so thanks
post #82 of 134
Mandouche,
Please come back, this thread is awesome!
I am so confused and so giddy from reading all 6 pages.
The ebay thing is hilarious. Did you do it to get a new shirt or see if it would work to swap out and Ebay purchase?
I do not understand your picture at all, but thanks for posting it.
WOW
post #83 of 134
^^That's it. I usually don't get confused, but it happens. And it happens a lot more frequently after I read a manouche post.
post #84 of 134
Haha I love this guy. He's like a Sartorial Borat. Too ridiculous to be taken seriously or offended, but funny nonetheless.
post #85 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit of 69 View Post
Who are you asking?

If you're asking me, let me tell you that I worked on a street crimes unit in central and west London dealing with racist attacks for six months, with support from the CRE (Commission for Racial Equality) So I know very well from the sharp end, and seeing many victims of racist attacks, what racism is.

But you might not have been asking me!

Dude, get off your soap box and lighten up! This guy is a joke and should not be taken seriously. you're getting a little out of hand and should relax. Please don't ruin the thread with your commentary.

Now can we get back to Manouche's hysterical visit to London???
post #86 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit of 69 View Post
God, you really are the worst kind of snobbish TWAT!

Spirit - Jeez. if you can't laugh at this then you have issues.
post #87 of 134
Political correctness is ruining Britain.
post #88 of 134
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit of 69 View Post
What? I don't understand that at all!

I need evidences...
post #89 of 134
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by antirabbit View Post
Mandouche,
Please come back, this thread is awesome!
I am so confused and so giddy from reading all 6 pages.
The ebay thing is hilarious. Did you do it to get a new shirt or see if it would work to swap out and Ebay purchase?
I do not understand your picture at all, but thanks for posting it.
WOW

The shirt from ebay was new but the collar was defective as too tight and as I didn't like the collor much, I wanted to get rid of it. I paid £35 for it, all included. So I saved up £20 as shirts were at £55 in the shop.

What don't you understand in my pic ?

I could have done better by swaping 2 shirts at H&K but the salesman refuse because it was written "made in GB" and so meant that the shirts were old BUT in the 11 shirts I bought, I found 3 "made in GB" but didn't notyice it in the shop because I was in a hurry.

Plus, one of my H&K I wanted to swap is a 15,75 size which is VERY rare. I may resell it one ebay at a good price so keeping it is not a problem.
post #90 of 134
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Smart View Post
i dont understand how you can't not see a McDonalds in London....they're everywhere!!

..and Pizza Express

I only went in 3 streets : Jermyn, piccadilly and ST James
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › My London's trip = All you need to know