• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This seasons t shirts from McQueen and Dior

jmswentworth

Reaction score
Those of you who know what I am talking about, which of the McQueen and Dior Homme t-shirts would you buy?

Personally, I'm thinking that I'm going to go for the Dior white t with a black guitar on it, with a creased effect, and the McQueen yellow print t.

What do you guys think of these. Would you go for any other brands, or any others from the same brands.

I don't wear t-shirts much, I usually get 3-4 per summer season, and the price is not too important, because I'm only getting 3-4.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the Dior tee shirt you're refering too (- I thnk - there seem to be at least 2 variations on that shirt), but it seems really, well, David Beckham-esque (not a compliment, btw) to put down that type of money for a tee that has been all over the runways and in "look books". I guess the concept of "money is not an issue" just comes off very Euro-trashy to me, especially when it comes to streetwear stuff. Put on that tee, and match it with Dolce & Gabbana jeans, Tods loafers, and Paul Smith sunglasses, and I'd expect that you'd be hitting on a Lohan in the near future. Not a big fan of much of McQueen's stuff, I'm afraid.

I would go with something a lot cheaper and less over-exposed. Check out the Yoko Devereaux tees for something in the designer range - and the label is an up and comer too, if you are interested in that type of thing.

jmswentworth

Reaction score
I like the Dior tee shirt you're refering too (- I thnk - there seem to be at least 2 variations on that shirt), but it seems really, well, David Beckham-esque (not a compliment, btw) to put down that type of money for a tee that has been all over the runways and in "look books".  I guess the concept of "money is not an issue" just comes off very Euro-trashy to me, especially when it comes to streetwear stuff.  Put on that tee, and match it with Dolce & Gabbana jeans, Tods loafers, and Paul Smith sunglasses, and I'd expect that you'd be hitting on a Lohan in the near future.  Not a big fan of much of McQueen's stuff, I'm afraid.

I would go with something a lot cheaper and less over-exposed.  Check out the Yoko Devereaux tees for something in the designer range - and the label is an up and comer too, if you are interested in that type of thing.
Yes. Possibly, Its not that I am just blowing the money though. I will only buy the 2 t-shirts this season, as I have to spend most of the week in business wear. The only chance I will have to wear them is perhaps a walk in Hyde Park or round the Mountains in Geneva with my gf. So if you think they are nice, I will prob. go for it, because if I go for something cheaper, I will just end up buying several, and there is not much point to that IMO, because I could be wearing what I like better. Obviously, I'm not prepared to pay lpf prices though.

jmswentworth

Reaction score

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Aaron,

Lindsey Lohan is a B-list actress.  Maybe a more obvious reference would have been "And I might suspect that you are Kevin Federline (aka Mr. Britney Spears)."

That said, if you are not going to over designer yourself, the Dior tees are pretty nice. If you want something a little more unconventional, why don't you try Wings and Horns, a Canadian company with some very interesting tees and hoodies and similar gear.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Any link to Wings and Horns, I'm in Canada and I've never heard about it.

Original poster: Going with something this obvious will make you look like an old lady wearing a vuitton handbag and an hermes scarf. Nothing wrong with that but pretty stereotypical and won't get you noticed...

Lydia

Reaction score
Original poster: Going with something this obvious will make you look like an old lady wearing a vuitton handbag and an hermes scarf. Nothing wrong with that but pretty stereotypical and won't get you noticed...
...wonderful.

But it probably would get you noticed anyway. I hate how each time I see another girl with the GD LV bag, I still notice.

Oltmann

Reaction score
Out here, there is usually a Chihuahua peaking out from that LV bag. Hard not to notice.

blackdarkeye

Reaction score
pics....???
eh.gif

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG00092-1.jpg
The semaphores say "Get Jiggy Wit It" Sorry about the mess. Same kid?

Crazy

Reaction score
Most people here seem to detest graphic Ts, so if thats your thing, this might not be the place to ask. I think the general concensus around here is to just buy cheap blank t-shirts and save your money for nicer jeans or button down shirts. If cost is truly not an obstacle, check out N. Hoolywood or Wings + Horns. Even for casual-wear many people from here opt for button down shirts in more of a classic americana style. If you're into more european Diorish labels, superfuture might be a place to check out. Dior was mega popular over there a year or two back, but there is still a little bit of a remnant following. Most people have moved onto labels that are a little more obscure but offer basically the same garments. http://www.superfuture.com/

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads