or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Cowboy boots-are they back
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cowboy boots-are they back - Page 13

post #181 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Those boots are fucking crazy. I wonder how my shell boots would look with their respective horse heads on each toe

and the horse's ass w/tail at the rear ot the shoes?
post #182 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard View Post

That's how people who don't know how to wear boots wear boots! smile.gif
patch[1].gif
post #183 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post

patch[1].gif

I only say that because people that frequently wear boots do not rollup their jeans. Actually, I've never seen anyone rollup their jeans with a pair of boots.

Nice boots BTW.
post #184 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard View Post

I only say that because people that frequently wear boots do not rollup their jeans. Actually, I've never seen anyone rollup their jeans with a pair of boots.

Nice boots BTW.

marlon+with+boots.jpg
post #185 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post

marlon+with+boots.jpg

Those are motorcycle boots.
post #186 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard View Post


Those are motorcycle boots.

Right. And in his case he has a functional reason for rolling up his jeans. Not sure this look would do if you're coming out of a car. Or bus.And certainly not with western boots.

 

Maybe it's just me, but I see sheetkickers as a regional thing. Not sure I or others in coastal cities could pull off wearing them. I have a pair of Ariat ropers I've worn with CBD on job sites. That's about it. But to me boots generally look best with a straight leg slightly stacked as opposed to cuffed.

post #187 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayward View Post


Right. And in his case he has a functional reason for rolling up his jeans. Not sure this look would do if you're coming out of a car. Or bus.And certainly not with western boots.

gnatty8 is wearing cowboy boots with the cuffs rolled up, not motorcycle boots. I'm just giving him a hard time about that!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayward View Post

But to me boots generally look best with a straight leg slightly stacked as opposed to cuffed.
I agree, that's how I wear mine.
post #188 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard View Post

Those are motorcycle boots.

Actually "engineer" boots.

That said, I've made bespoke western (cowboy) boots for over 40 years. I've been all over the west from Texas to Montana to N.Dakota to Oklahoma to Washington state to Arizona.

And, in all that time, unrolled, stacked jeans were how they were worn. I've never seen anyone who wore cowboy boots on a regular basis, or as a part of his/her work/lifestyle wear their jeans rolled up.

Tucked into the tops...at fancy shindigs...maybe, but never rolled.

60 years ago might have been a different story.
post #189 of 207
I have never, ever stacked jeans with anything. Just sayin'
post #190 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWFII View Post

Actually "engineer" boots.

That said, I've made bespoke western (cowboy) boots for over 40 years. I've been all over the west from Texas to Montana to N.Dakota to Oklahoma to Washington state to Arizona.

And, in all that time, unrolled, stacked jeans were how they were worn. I've never seen anyone who wore cowboy boots on a regular basis, or as a part of his/her work/lifestyle wear their jeans rolled up.

Tucked into the tops...at fancy shindigs...maybe, but never rolled.

60 years ago might have been a different story.

Yep
post #191 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post

I have never, ever stacked jeans with anything. Just sayin'

Wearing my chocolate brown Luchesse Classic Full Quill with riding heel boots today. My office allows us to wear nice jeans on Wednesdays if you do not have a meeting. I'm wearing dark jeans (non rolled) and a black and white gingham shirt and grey sport coat.
post #192 of 207
Pic?
post #193 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard View Post

Wearing my chocolate brown Luchesse Classic Full Quill with riding heel boots today. My office allows us to wear nice jeans on Wednesdays if you do not have a meeting. I'm wearing dark jeans (non rolled) and a black and white gingham shirt and grey sport coat.

Thoughts on Luchesse? Thinking of picking a pair up next Fall. Haven't done any research (at all) on good boots to avoid the temptation of buying early, but I'd be interested to hear your take.
post #194 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Pic?

Sorry, I work in a high security area and camera phones are not allowed. Maybe tonight at home.
post #195 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonbasted View Post

Thoughts on Luchesse? Thinking of picking a pair up next Fall. Haven't done any research (at all) on good boots to avoid the temptation of buying early, but I'd be interested to hear your take.

I really enjoy mine and it took some time to break the mental hurdle of spending $700 on a pair of boots. I currently have 2 pair of Luchesse boots, chocolate brown ostrich and black lizard, and they are very comfortable. I prefer the round toe and riding heel since they are dressier and more versitile than ropers. I do have a couple pair of ropers but I wear the Luchesse's more often. My next pair will be black alligator to wear with a suit. I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone as I believe they are the best boot (some hand stitching and some machine) before going bespoke.

Of course, now that I've broken through the mental hurdle of spending so much on a pair of boots, shoes are easy!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Cowboy boots-are they back