or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › How is my Burberry trench fit?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How is my Burberry trench fit? - Page 2

post #16 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird's One View View Post
I agree shorter is trendy, but I don't like the trend. Trench coats should be at least knee length.
They are certainly more functional if longer.
post #17 of 30
Hmm I do own a trench, although no Burberry. Personally I think your seems too big in the body. Not everyone is out to get the same look though, but I myself wanted a slimmer one when I scouted for my trench.
post #18 of 30
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by reac99 View Post
Hmm I do own a trench, although no Burberry. Personally I think your seems too big in the body. Not everyone is out to get the same look though, but I myself wanted a slimmer one when I scouted for my trench.

Yea, I'm also a fan of slimmer fitting jackets. I'm in the process of deciding if I should just Ebay it or keep it. I will most likely just take it to a tailor and ask him if he can slim it down for me, because I do like it.
post #19 of 30
I'm sure a tailor can slim that up a bit.
post #20 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_44106 View Post
Other than the length (below knee), which is not what is trendy right now (at most knee length if not shorter), the jacket fits you pretty well.

A true trench is supposed to be worn over another jacket.

Mine is a bit below the knee and the fact that I have a decent walk from where I park to my office I like that extra length when it's windy and cold.
post #21 of 30
i've never seen a burberry plaid check like that...look at the red part, especially. you sure this is authentic?
post #22 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by polar-lemon View Post
i've never seen a burberry plaid check like that...look at the red part, especially. you sure this is authentic?

Wondered the same thing.
post #23 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by polar-lemon View Post
i've never seen a burberry plaid check like that...look at the red part, especially. you sure this is authentic?
Quote:
Originally Posted by why View Post
Wondered the same thing.
That would be rich.
post #24 of 30
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness View Post
That would be rich.




I saw a lot of different variations at least in their scarves, but if it was a fake that would be kind of funny
post #25 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeitaloud View Post
I saw a lot of different variations at least in their scarves, but if it was a fake that would be kind of funny

Yeah, especially because I have a feeling the only reason you bought it was because you thought it was a Burberry jacket.

The variations in their scarves is generally exploded/classic/nova check. Your jacket lining is none of those...and it even looks incredibly cheap.
post #26 of 30
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by why View Post
Yeah, especially because I have a feeling the only reason you bought it was because you thought it was a Burberry jacket.

The variations in their scarves is generally exploded/classic/nova check. Your jacket lining is none of those...and it even looks incredibly cheap.

Not really, I like the look and the feel as well. But if it is a fake than it's just a trench coat that looks like Burberry that I got for $10 I'm sure i can find use for it.
post #27 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeitaloud View Post
Not really, I like the look and the feel as well. But if it is a fake than it's just a trench coat that looks like Burberry that I got for $10 I'm sure i can find use for it.

Damn, where at? I could use some nice waterproof potholders.
post #28 of 30
a true trench coat has a straight sided body. the only shape is when the belt is pulled in at the waist. the gathering that occurs under the belt are a part of the style.
post #29 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeitaloud View Post
I saw a lot of different variations at least in their scarves, but if it was a fake that would be kind of funny

I saw two trench coats like that over the w/e. Nice zip in warmers like the Burberry but no tags. Only tag said Made in Poland.
post #30 of 30
So... the kid (literally) who started the 'fake watches = good' thread and who wants to wear a (fake) Rolex so people will take him seriously buys a fake Burberry trench by mistake?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › How is my Burberry trench fit?