or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › BB Briefcase-Good Buy?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

BB Briefcase-Good Buy?

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
The place that I it get my shoes repaired at has a Brooks Brothers all leather briefcase that is made in Italy for $60.00. It's missing the strap. I'd rate the condition 8 to 8.5/10. It's been reconditioned by the shop and shows normal wear from use. The inside looks in reasonable shap as well.

Those of you more familiar with these know if that's a good buy? There is nothing comparable on E-Bay. And the new BB brief's are not inexpensive.

Thoughts?
post #2 of 9
Color? Do you like it?

You should be able to get the strap replaced, and if its in good shape and attractive, seems like a price I would certainly be willing to pay.
post #3 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post
Color? Do you like it?

You should be able to get the strap replaced, and if its in good shape and attractive, seems like a price I would certainly be willing to pay.


British Tan would be my guesstimate of the color.
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkidd41011 View Post
British Tan would be my guesstimate of the color.

seems like a good deal to me. That's an ebay price so it doesn't get much better than that.
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulford View Post
seems like a good deal to me. That's an ebay price so it doesn't get much better than that.

+1

color sounds perfect for a briefcase..
post #6 of 9
Sounds like a nice deal. I no longer use my shoulder strap, so the missing strap wouldn't be an issue for me.
post #7 of 9
It seems good to me, especially if you like it. If it seems like more than you want to spend, try to talk to guy down to $50, especially if you are a good customer.
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcelain monkey View Post
It seems good to me, especially if you like it. If it seems like more than you want to spend, try to talk to guy down to $50, especially if you are a good customer.

actually for that price - you could pick it up, and if it didn't work for you, flip it on B&S
post #9 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcelain monkey View Post
It seems good to me, especially if you like it. If it seems like more than you want to spend, try to talk to guy down to $50, especially if you are a good customer.

I ended up getting it for $50. It has one water type stain on the back corner, but I would probably end up with somthing like that anyway. I deciding factor was I tracked an LL Bean all leather on E-Bay and it went for $61.50. That made this one seem like a no brainer.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › BB Briefcase-Good Buy?