or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I - Page 663  

post #9931 of 11974
Quote:
i just wish you people on style forum would take pics that included the head...it compeltely kills every single picture imo. We get no real sense of size or proportion.

In my case the combination of the mirror shot and the lense on my camera tends to make my noggin look HUGE in the pics, it's the main reason I crop it out
post #9932 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucemaster View Post
They look great. Incidentally, I actually think that the one pair of shoes I have with vibram soles are actually more comfortable than my running shoes. That stuff is unreal.
+1 Those are really beautiful shoes, sir.
post #9933 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Harris View Post
In my case the combination of the mirror shot and the lense on my camera tends to make my noggin look HUGE in the pics, it's the main reason I crop it out

w/head is always going to look better than sans head....


just change the angle if its not working for ya
post #9934 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghulkhan View Post
I dont think I have to post a fit or outfit in order to say something.

actually, you do. so... you and everyone else that is guilty of this...
please pay close attention to the following public service announcement:



thx.

and now, back to your regularly scheduled thread.
post #9935 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by flsxik View Post
i just wish you people on style forum would take pics that included the head...it compeltely kills every single picture imo. We get no real sense of size or proportion.

Some of us don't have the leisure as you to have others take our pics or let alone BE in pics with you to show off your jeans and tshirt.
post #9936 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzt3117 View Post


Top part I can deal with; however, for me too much trouser break.
post #9937 of 11974
I wish that I could find that Bedford in the low 200s... It looks incredible.
post #9938 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Harris View Post
In my case the combination of the mirror shot and the lense on my camera tends to make my noggin look HUGE in the pics, it's the main reason I crop it out

Have you seen my pictures? I'm not actually Quasimodo's little brother...
post #9939 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellshock View Post
actually, you do. so... you and everyone else that is guilty of this...
please pay close attention to the following public service announcement:



thx.

and now, back to your regularly scheduled thread.

drizzt said that so he could compare ones idea of fit to his, so when you post and critique people whats the point?

no one can compare their idea of fit to yours??
so when you post does it matter?? in terms of talking about other peoples shit .....
post #9940 of 11974
I disagree with the notion that anyone should have to own/wear certain things in order to intelligently critique an outfit. College students preparing to go/pay for med school (no catharsis here...), for instance, cannot afford the time, risk or money to purchase their ideal clothes, but they still may have an opinion worth listening to. Taste, a broad knowledge-base and an ability to articulate a well thought out critisism are miles ahead of a steady stream of WYWN photos.
post #9941 of 11974


vintage sears western
lvc 33
birkenstock ramses



I have a feeling Ill look like this all summer, might aswell stop posting...
post #9942 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by tljenkin View Post
I disagree with the notion that anyone should have to own/wear certain things in order to intelligently critique an outfit. College students preparing to go/pay for med school (no catharsis here...), for instance, cannot afford the time, risk or money to purchase their ideal clothes, but they still may have an opinion worth listening to. Taste, a broad knowledge-base and an ability to articulate a well thought out critisism are miles ahead of a steady stream of WYWN photos.

exactly

You can still posess the knowledge without posting your pictures.
post #9943 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by tljenkin View Post
I disagree with the notion that anyone should have to own/wear certain things in order to intelligently critique an outfit.
and I sorta disagree with that. I've used this analogy before on here, but it's so appropriate for Style Forum... It's like a guy who has never had sex, but he watches a lot of porn, has gone to a lot of strip clubs, has read Penthouse forum religiously, and maybe has even had a handjob once from Betty Rottencrotch, and he's giving advice on how to be a good lover. A lot of that goes on in SF I think....there are definitely a few regulars I can think of who fit that bill. One guy on MC I remember always had some very strong opinions on classic menswear and when he FINALLY threw up a pic of himself, needless to say it was very disappointing and that single pic basically invalidated anything he'd ever said. Of course you can critique something without having owned it, but critique is usually a subjective thing and it's nice to see where the person's coming from in his own style by seeing what he's doing on a daily basis
post #9944 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC View Post
Top part I can deal with; however, for me too much trouser break.

I think length wise, they couldn't be too much shorter while still remaining conservative, I wish the pants were cut a bit less full, however. Perhaps tapering them would help. I agree though, I think the look would be a bit cleaner with less break.
post #9945 of 11974
This morning in the park with the dog.... She is 17 years old and her hobbies including laying around, shredding papers, and coughing things up. Is it summer yet? LaMatta jacket Mexx polo Costume Nat'l long sleeve ES Fulton Simples 1950s Croton Nivada Antarctic
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I