or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I - Page 59  

post #871 of 11974
I just received my first pair of dry denim. They are A.P.C. rescues. I'm normally a 34/35 so I got a 33. They are roomy in the thighs as stated in the description. They are a tad long so I'll need to get them hemmed. They are too long to just roll up; it would take about 4 rolls, which, IMO, is too thick and looks kind of goofy. Since they are so long, the pictures below are going to show the calf region as quite baggy, which I hope will straighted out once they are hemmed. The just called Azalea in SF and asked about whether or not hemming them will cause the lower jean section to be less baggy (I'm a denim noob). She said it would, yet be careful because APCs are supposed to be worn scrunched up near the bottom and kind of baggy. Well, I'll let you make your own opinions, if any. Pics below.


Above: I'm happy with the fit around the thighs, some room, but not too tight. As you can see, the calf region is quite baggy--almost equalling the thighs.


I like the baggyness of them, looks a bit more hip. Again, you can see how the calves are too baggy...


Backside


Crouchin'
post #872 of 11974
cali matt-

definately an improvement over those howe's. a bit of a warning though.
do not hem your apcs too short because they will shrink about an inch or so upon first wash. if you do hem them keep that in mind. good luck.
post #873 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by cultpop 0217
cali matt-

definately an improvement over those howe's. a bit of a warning though.
do not hem your apcs too short because they will shrink about an inch or so upon first wash. if you do hem them keep that in mind. good luck.

Here is a pic of how long they are. Right foot without shoe.



(Scroll up for original post and pics)
post #874 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali4nia_Matt
Here is a pic of how long they are. Right foot without shoe.



(Scroll up for original post and pics)
Hahahaha... Jesus!
post #875 of 11974
=/
post #876 of 11974
Cali Matt,

Welcome to the world of dry denim. How tall are you? I have the same jean (although I wear it differently) and I cuff around an inch. You could easily take off 3" off those jeans right now. Don't believe too much hype about the stretching and shrinking process of these jeans. Yes, as you wear them they will stretch out and when you wash them they will tighten up again. But you're not going to go from not being able to put them to, after a month of heavy wear, having them fall off without a belt. I would be weary about having the calf taken in just yet. Have them hemmed, wear them for a while and then make a decision. The way they fit now any extreme work done in the calf would look weird.

As for a more on-topic post:
-APC Rescue (3 months wear, no wash)
-Vivid blue/white gingham check Ben Sherman button-down
-Vintage chocolate brown belt
post #877 of 11974
Thank you! I'm ~5'11". I'm quite pleased with their fit right now except for the calves. I don't plan on getting them tapered but I really should take off about, as you said, 3 inches in hemming. Anyone know certain things I should tell the person doing it? Or just that they cost me $120 and be careful, haha. Oh yeah, and pardon my crappy shoes (Reeboks from highschool), I'm waiting for my Creative Rec. black Lucianos in the mail . Thanks for the help all.

EDIT: Hey Aaron, is it possible for a pic of your current APC Rescues being worn? Thanks
post #878 of 11974
When I first got my rescues I just cuffed them inside the leg and they stayed pretty well since they were dry. Once I washed them, they shrunk enough so that I could wear them with about a two inch cuff.
post #879 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dill
When I first got my rescues I just cuffed them inside the leg and they stayed pretty well since they were dry. Once I washed them, they shrunk enough so that I could wear them with about a two inch cuff.

I tried doing the reverse cuff so it just rolls inside the jean but it didnt look as good as having the selvage out. I think I just need to get them hemmed about 3 inches. Though, I'm too excited about them right now to do that. I think I'll wait until I get my rag and bone jeans.
post #880 of 11974
today
kind of subdued and simple


aa v neck made into u neck that i fucking love
homemade necklace
julian red nikki sixx
vans

in the sunlight


closeup of necklace
post #881 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali4nia_Matt
Thank you! I'm ~5'11". I'm quite pleased with their fit right now except for the calves. I don't plan on getting them tapered but I really should take off about, as you said, 3 inches in hemming. Anyone know certain things I should tell the person doing it? Or just that they cost me $120 and be careful, haha. Oh yeah, and pardon my crappy shoes (Reeboks from highschool), I'm waiting for my Creative Rec. black Lucianos in the mail . Thanks for the help all.

EDIT: Hey Aaron, is it possible for a pic of your current APC Rescues being worn? Thanks
3 inches sounds about right but if the calves are too big why not go for the apc new standards? they are slightly tapered and if you wear them loose they will still be fairly slim in the calf.
although i do think they will fit quite a bit better after you get them shortened.
and if you do get them hemmed make sure they match the thread and stitching as close as possible
post #882 of 11974
Matt, can you measure the opening of the leg laid flat? How about the width across about 3" up where you would hem them. Thanks player.
post #883 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by VersaceMan
Sure, no problem. The cotton is very soft and the shirt fits nicely.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...e/unified1.jpg

There's also a cool graphic on the inside of the shirt that you never see. I might remove the inside tag so I can wear the shirt inside out at times:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...e/unified2.jpg

Well, I ended up getting one in burgundy. Now I want one in that colour too!
post #884 of 11974
Last night

dolce button up
RRDS
ivory leather/denim two tone loafers
panerai pam91
post #885 of 11974
Tonight:

Navy polo with light blue and lime green stripes by Giorgio Armani
5EP Straight Dark Zip
Sperry Boat shoes in two tone brown
Rolex Submariner two tone with blue face
Hugo Boss Baldessarini EDT
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I