or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I - Page 469  

post #7021 of 11974
Okay, everyone is looking great today so collective props.

Denim tuxedo:



Jacket: APC
tee: Lad musician
Belt: Baltazar
Jeans: Dior
Shoes: converse
jewellery: S2A
post #7022 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bona Drag View Post
Sauce, think that might go a bit better with a slimmer jean - PBJ? Maybe something with a subtle taper...
Thought about it and dismissed it--I wanted a looser and more casual fit. The PBJs looked like I just couldn't find my slacks, so I went with jeans instead. It may just be that the outfit doesn't work as I intended.
post #7023 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bona Drag View Post
And GS, I know the Grinders are homage to an iconoclastic subculture etc. etc., but imo they look ridiculous - straight clownin'. Sorry, I had to say it.


no prob....old habits die hard
post #7024 of 11974
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucemaster View Post
Thought about it and dismissed it--I wanted a looser and more casual fit. The PBJs looked like I just couldn't find my slacks, so I went with jeans instead. It may just be that the outfit doesn't work as I intended.

I agree with Sauce's idea. When I see slim jeans with an outfit like this, it looks like the guy wants to not have to wear trousers, rather than deliberating choosing to wear jeans. The latter is much better. I like the juxtaposition of the styles (preppy vest with slim shirt) and the loose, slacker rocker dude jeans. The wallet (which will hurt your back dude) and obvious wear on the jeans with the bit of slouch is what makes this work.

I might have gone with Lighter colored and perhaps even slightly chunkier footwear to make the juxaposition even more obvious (There used to be great picture of Nathan Bogle wearing a something very similar, with an even looser pair of RB2s, paired with Natases, in the Rag&Bone online lookbook)
post #7025 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
I might have gone with Lighter colored and perhaps even slightly chunkier footwear to make the juxaposition even more obvious (There used to be great picture of Nathan Bogle wearing a something very similar, with an even looser pair of RB2s, paired with Natases, in the Rag&Bone online lookbook)

I chose the Vans because they were a bit chunkier than my other sneakers (all Chucks and Adidas besides the Vans), and because they always seem to go with argyle in my head--old skater connections--but I agree with the lighter-colored comment.

I could have worn my APCs and gone even looser with the jeans, actually, but I didn't think of it. Now I'm wondering.
post #7026 of 11974
target blazer / gap shirt / nudie / chucks

post #7027 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucemaster View Post
I could have worn my APCs and gone even looser with the jeans, actually, but I didn't think of it. Now I'm wondering.

Different strokes, man - I'm feeling slimmer below the knee looks more and more; I think all the SuFu lurkage is rubbing off on me.
post #7028 of 11974
^^haha you're gonna hate all my pants then
post #7029 of 11974
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
^^haha you're gonna hate all my pants then

Dude, I haven't even seen them, and I hate them already. Listening to you talk about them without a single picture is making me all Is this indicative of your mad skillz with the ladies too

Time to step it up man. You have 2 days to kill it with your one perfect shot, ninja boy.
post #7030 of 11974
I wuv you too fokky

I think the noose that is academia has finally made you crack!
post #7031 of 11974
AA Dior C-rec
post #7032 of 11974

ottobar tonight
post #7033 of 11974




Kiton lightweight brown/grey tweed coat, RG brown/grey paisley shirt, AA T, Earnest Sewn Fulton Line Dry, Longhi belt, dark brown custom Vass Budapests.
post #7034 of 11974
EG Poplin Workshirt and Painter's Pants
Gravis Yachtmasters
post #7035 of 11974
Nothing terribly interesting to see here, except I love this tshirt. It's a Studio D'Artisan tee.. on the back it says 'Two Pig trade mark.Athretic association.' Engrish makes me happy.


SDA tee
Dior
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I