or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I - Page 2  

post #16 of 11974
Thread Starter 
"Anthracite" zip hoodie with thermal lining by American Apparel over the following tshirt by threadless (one of their rare cool designs):Cool Threadless Tee.  It is falling apart, and I wish that they would reprint it.  Really dark green tinted Von Dutch Engineer jeans with minimal distressing (really "out", but who gives a f**k if they look good).  White on brown Baltazar Iron Cross belt (getting suitably distressed) and Black on White Adidas Samoas.
post #17 of 11974
Odd-colored burnt red corduroys, light tan suede Kenneth Cole Reaction loafers that somehow managed to not look entirely terrible and were being sold in an essentially new condition at a thrift shop on the cheap (thanks, Ken.), light orange/red T-shirt, beat up ass boots. Speaking of Kenneth Cole Reaction, the bag I've been using for school is a Kenneth Cole Reaction black leather messenger bag with fairly nice detailing to it. I bought it for like $30 at a TJ Maxx. Hopefully one day I will stop being broke so I can stop owning items from Kenneth Cole Reaction, but right now I am forced to endure. I don't imagine the bag is made particularly well, although the functionality and appointment of the metal materials has actually exceeded my expectations.
post #18 of 11974
Nudie Jeans, Regular Ralf in Dry Selvage. White canvas belt with matte silver compression buckle. Black and white Converse Chucks (low). Fitted white long-sleeve t. Polo RL slim-fit polo shirt in 'tropic purple' with a green horse. Fossil watch, black face, black leather cuff with two rows of grommets.
post #19 of 11974
Quote:
light tan suede Kenneth Cole Reaction loafers ... beat up ass boots.
Orbitingio, loafers and boots? The cords sound cool. Listen to this mixup: Brown/Green Varvatos Converse WCT II sneakers Levis Type One jeans (beat) Light Brown Belt w/ vintage Ballantine Beer buckle White BB spread collar FC shirt - blue/white silk knots Olive SB 3B cotton Varvatos jacket
post #20 of 11974
Levis 201xx buckleback redline Ben Sherman lt blue polo w/navy/red trim buttondown polo Ben Sherman 'conquest' trainers '72 Sapporo Japan winter olympics navy/red/white zipup sweater
post #21 of 11974
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Nudie Jeans, Regular Ralf in Dry Selvage.
The real question is: how old are they? And how are they wearing in?
Quote:
Levis 201xx buckleback redline
Very cool.
post #22 of 11974
Quote:
bright orange Puma hoody
Got one myself the other day... Just couldn't resist...
post #23 of 11974
Quote:
Quote:
light tan suede Kenneth Cole Reaction loafers ... beat up ass boots.
Orbitingio, loafers and boots? The cords sound cool. Listen to this mixup: Brown/Green Varvatos Converse WCT II sneakers Levis Type One jeans (beat) Light Brown Belt w/ vintage Ballantine Beer buckle White BB spread collar FC shirt - blue/white silk knots Olive SB 3B cotton Varvatos jacket
Apparently I forgot to mention the crackpipe accessory. Suede loafers. No boots.
post #24 of 11974
Thread Starter 
The Threadless "Women" tee in beige (pattern sort of resembles a blowup of a cameo) over a teal Three Dots long sleeve tee. A pair of bootcut dark blue/grey Seven Bootcut jeans the style of which I've never been able to identify (got them at FB) and my brown with brass buckle Engineered Garments belt. There was some cheesy idea of a special style forum tie bouncing around a while back; so I think that this should be the official "Styleforum streetwear guys" belt, either in brown and brass or black and nickel. While with blue stripe and red detailing Puma Mihara MY-8. John Varvatos Cafe racer/military style jacket.
post #25 of 11974
Quote:
The Threadless "Women" tee in beige (pattern sort of resembles a blowup of a cameo) over a teal Three Dots long sleeve tee.  A pair of bootcut dark blue/grey Seven Bootcut jeans the style of which I've never been able to identify (got them at FB) and my brown with brass buckle Engineered Garments belt.  There was some cheesy idea of a special style forum tie bouncing around a while back; so I think that this should be the official "Styleforum streetwear guys" belt, either in brown and brass or black and nickel.  While with blue stripe and red detailing Puma Mihara MY-8.  John Varvatos Cafe racer/military style jacket.
Hey you, Mihara guy. I've long admired the shoes but not had the opportunity to view them in person. What would you recommend for someone who likes sneakers to have an exceptionally low/sleek profile? I might be in the market for another pair of sneakers soon. As it stands, I wear sneakers so rarely... I'm also considering buying a pair of white Vans slip-ons and getting my girlfriend to do something completely ridiculous to them. Screenprinting or hand-drawn stuff or something.
post #26 of 11974
Thread Starter 
Depends on the model.  I personally like a little heft in my kicks, so you'll probably like the Mihara's I'm not so keen on.  Best bets for you are the MY-12, MY-9, and MY-5 models, in that order.  You can get some of these (though not in the more exotic colorways) for reasonable prices off Ebay.  Or go to www.street-feet.com, and tell Trevor that Fok (LA Guy) off Styleforum sent you. The Vans idea sounds cool too. Of course, the sleekest shoes out there are the Asic Mexico 66s, which I like. Lot's of interesting colorways, but not nearly as unique as the Miharas. I would recommend Puma Speedcats, except for the fact that I hate them.
post #27 of 11974
Quote:
Depends on the model.  I personally like a little heft in my kicks, so you'll probably like the Mihara's I'm not so keen on.  Best bets for you are the MY-12, MY-9, and MY-5 models, in that order.  You can get some of these (though not in the more exotic colorways) for reasonable prices off Ebay.  Or go to www.street-feet.com, and tell Trevor that Fok (LA Guy) off Styleforum sent you. The Vans idea sounds cool too.  Of course, the sleekest shoes out there are the Asic Mexico 66s, which I like.  Lot's of interesting colorways, but not nearly as unique as the Miharas.  I would recommend Puma Speedcats, except for the fact that I hate them.
I have a pair of Speed Cats I bought when they came out. I think I've worn them about six times. I like them, it's just...I don't have occasion to wear them often. I assume the solelessness (tihi) of the Speed Cats gets to you? I also have a pair of Puma Platinum sneakers that I've worn once. I actually forgot I had those.
post #28 of 11974
Thread Starter 
Quote:
I assume the solelessness (tihi) of the Speed Cats gets to you?
That, and the pointy toe. I'm no ballet dancer. Give me a good, rounded toe and we'll talk.
post #29 of 11974
Okay, those 66s on the front page are the absolute shit. Thanks for the linkety link, I adore "wow, your feet look really, really garish and annoying" sneakers.
post #30 of 11974
Quote:
Quote:
I assume the solelessness (tihi) of the Speed Cats gets to you?
That, and the pointy toe.  I'm no ballet dancer.  Give me a good, rounded toe and we'll talk.
Count me in as being for the pointy toe, so long as it's not exaggerated and overtly feminine. I had been coveting a pair of these for a couple of years: http://www.golaclassics.com/ProductD...p?ProductID=45 If you could tell me where I could acquire those shoes I would love you for some time.  They're absolutely hideous in the best possible way.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I