or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I - Page 783  

post #11731 of 11974
SoCal - very nice. Berlin - I love almost everything you post, but that shirt looks like a pajama top.
post #11732 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie View Post
I think its really funny when someone is wearing rather expensive jeans, with chucks and a 12$ t-shirt. just thought i'd share.
But not as funny as the folks that lack style.
post #11733 of 11974
Dressed for a busy day packing and shipping samples:

AA Tee.
Helmut Lang pants (circa 00/01).
Cons
post #11734 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post

Berlin - I love almost everything you post, but that shirt looks like a pajama top.
I know what you mean. It does have that flavour.
post #11735 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
Nice. You were determined to do the tonal thing, weren't you?

Why were you in Minneapolis, btw? Is there some trade show there I know nothing about? Seems wierd, but hey, what do I know?


I love tonal.

I'm was in Minneapolis because I was helping judge the Mount Rose American Teen Princess Paegent sponsored by Sarah Rose Cosmetics.

okay enough of Drop Dead Gorgeous...

The bf is here for another month before he moves to NYC so I stopped by for the weekend on my way to Carmel to visit the fam for a week.
You'd be suprised that Minneapolis is actually enjoyable for a weekend (or 5 of them as this is my 5th and final one).
post #11736 of 11974
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC View Post
You'd be suprised that Minneapolis is actually enjoyable for a weekend (or 5 of them as this is my 5th and final one).

Actually, I was in Minneapolis and St. Paul not so long ago for an interview. It was (surprisingly) nice, although walking around the main UMN campus, I felt like I was in Logan's Run and that people were going to start chasing the old guy around to kill him (me.)
post #11737 of 11974
Haha I've only been to the campus once when I stayed at the Raddison across from my BFs dorm.

This time I stayed at The Graves 601 which was nice. Eating is enjoyable: Chamber's Kitchen (Jean Georges), 20*21 (Wolfgang), Cosmos, Cafe Lurcat.

Decent art scene where you can buy large orginals for 1/4 the price they would sell for in Chelsea.

Pretty open minded and liberal for being "the Midwest."

Ranks #2 behind Broadway for # of theaters. I think The Guthrie was named like The Most Important Building of 2005 or whatever in GQ.
post #11738 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
Nice. You were determined to do the tonal thing, weren't you? Why were you in Minneapolis, btw? Is there some trade show there I know nothing about? Seems wierd, but hey, what do I know? Kallun Really nice fit on the Diors. Not such a fan of the shoes though.
Thank You! These were bought in Paris a few seasons ago and are the rumoured "slimmer 19´s/ 17cm´s". According to the SA and compared to my other DH they do have a slimmer hem. Also unlike many others I wear my true waist (W28) in DH and do not size down. This means that they do become a little big in the hip area but in my opinion the cut of DH´s are ruined if they are worn like cheap mondays /TKL
post #11739 of 11974
So here are my first photos. Some fits from the weekend. With work everyday, its hard to find time during the week to take pics. I take praise and criticism really well, so dish it out! Friday night, out to Pizzeria Mozza with the girlfriend: Cloak zippered jacket Margiela Shirt Gap belt APC NS sz 30 JM Weston loafers Close up of the jacket and shirt: Saturday just bumming around town AA Henley Gap belt PBJ-004s (not going to soak em, just gonna wear em for a couple months then soak that's why the bootcut is stacking a bit right now..) german army sneaks
post #11740 of 11974
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC View Post
Haha I've only been to the campus once when I stayed at the Raddison across from my BFs dorm.

This time I stayed at The Graves 601 which was nice. Eating is enjoyable: Chamber's Kitchen (Jean Georges), 20*21 (Wolfgang), Cosmos, Cafe Lurcat.

Decent art scene where you can buy large orginals for 1/4 the price they would sell for in Chelsea.

Pretty open minded and liberal for being "the Midwest."

Ranks #2 behind Broadway for # of theaters. I think The Guthrie was named like The Most Important Building of 2005 or whatever in GQ.

I stayed at the Radison as well. The dining was surprising good, but it should really not have been that surprising considering the size of the city and the large academic and intellectual population (which have large appetites for things like that.)
post #11741 of 11974
man...u go off to work for like 5 hours and people fight over a skull on a belt that isn't even theirs...only SF

seriously though...I've had the belt for like 2 years now...it wasn't working out with a brown or black belt. I agree that skulls are everywhere, but I think mostly because they're worn in that goth w/e sense and overdone. One measly skull and bones isn't much to go crazy about. In my defense, I think it was tasteful, but everyone is entitled to their own opinions.
post #11742 of 11974
Some people have been into the Jolly Roger/skulls/etc. before they were "discovered" and popularized, oversaturated, and ubiquitous. I like the belt. If it was Lucien Pellat-Finet, then I could justifiably harass you. I have a pair of RLPL Skull & Bones cufflinks and I love them, though I wear them infrequently.
post #11743 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronik View Post
Some people have been into the Jolly Roger/skulls/etc. before they were "discovered" and popularized, oversaturated, and ubiquitous. I like the belt. If it was Lucien Pellat-Finet, then I could justifiably harass you. I have a pair of RLPL Skull & Bones cufflinks and I love them, though I wear them infrequently.

I've got a Planet Hollywood Miami jacket so undersaturated and next-level it's just begging to be worn.
post #11744 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rye GB View Post
Dressed for a busy day packing and shipping samples:
AA Tee.
Helmut Lang pants (circa 00/01).
Cons

That doesn't suck.
post #11745 of 11974
SoCal - that's my favorite casual-outfit from you so far, really nice! Once your BF moves to NYC you've got to convince him to join our site so we can see more of his fits (if he's with you, I can only assume he's an excellent dresser)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I