or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I - Page 780  

post #11686 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucemaster View Post
I'm afraid that nickname is already taken by my fiancee, and to my knowledge she hasn't posted here. She thinks we're all too weird.

Haha. I wonder why. You would think that women would be happy to see men taking an interest in dressing better.
post #11687 of 11974
Some really shady advice going on in here. Quevola doesn't need to size up on his 514s at all. The little wedgie action might be just be....a wedgie, or just an odd picture. The pants don't look too tight at all. If anything they look slightly slim-relaxed. I don't see a lot of pulling in the upper block from them being too tight at the waist or anything and the legs look fine. It might just be a rise problem, but it's definitely an improvement from before. I think he could use a belt in that picture though and the billowing of the shirt around the tucked in part looks a bit weird. Sauce had it right, but i didn't look at his advice post until after i typed my response and did a quick edit, before it showed i edited. I do like the colors, sauce but it looks slightly feminine. I'm not sure if it's in a good or bad way, but i still like it for some reason.
post #11688 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronoaug View Post

I do like the colors, sauce but it looks slightly feminine. I'm not sure if it's in a good or bad way, but i still like it for some reason.

In what way does the outfit look feminine ?
post #11689 of 11974
I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe it's the color combo and the cardigan and the way the cardigan drapes and is buttoned. Maybe because i'm just picture sauce in that dress after hearing the saucemistres comments. I don't know why exactly, but that was my first knee jerk reaction. I don't think it looks as feminine as i thought when i first saw it, so it's probably just triggering my memory to think of something else.
post #11690 of 11974
The other time I posted a pic with a cardigan buttoned this way, someone said something similar. It's definitely the cardigan. I still don't really see it, but clearly it gives that impression to some people. I need to decide whether I care enough to change it or not, I suppose. Helps to have the reaction--thanks, chrono.

DanTheLadiesMan, my "actual" inseam is a little longer than 32" and a less than 34". Say somewhere around 33", but that obviously changes depending on where I wear the jeans.
post #11691 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucemaster View Post
The other time I posted a pic with a cardigan buttoned this way, someone said something similar. It's definitely the cardigan. I still don't really see it, but clearly it gives that impression to some people. I need to decide whether I care enough to change it or not, I suppose. Helps to have the reaction--thanks, chrono.

DanTheLadiesMan, my "actual" inseam is a little longer than 32" and a less than 34". Say somewhere around 33", but that obviously changes depending on where I wear the jeans.

Maybe it's because it opens at the bottom too?

Oh, and how tall are you?
post #11692 of 11974
Thanks for all the good feedback everyone - we are learning as we go. I promise to save you all from anymore ass shots in the future.
post #11693 of 11974
I'm the same height and inseam as sauce but my pbjs happen to be a bit shorter. I'm a 32-33inseam and my size 31 pbjs are about a 33inseam. Gives me a little bit of break. They're about exactly 8" at the hem and for some reason they billow out around the calves and give a semi-bootcut impression even though it's pretty much exactly straight from knee to hem. Mine break a little bit but don't stack quite as much as sauce's due to the slightly shorter length.
post #11694 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by migo View Post
Belt Deet (cannibalized a J-crew ribbon belt for this):

that's ill...i love the contrast between the badass skull and the preppy ribbon
post #11695 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucemaster View Post
I'm afraid that nickname is already taken by my fiancee, and to my knowledge she hasn't posted here. She thinks we're all too weird.
I was talking to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by modual View Post
In what way does the outfit look feminine ?

It's the twinkle in his eyes.
post #11696 of 11974


workworkworkworkworkworkworkwork
post #11697 of 11974
Sauce- It's most certainly just the AA cardigan. I have it in black in a size that fits similar to yours. It's not just cardigans in general but the AA one for some reason. The black one is a bit more forgiving though. After seeing it for awhile i don't think it's all that feminine but i'd definitely expect some other not so sartorially inclined people to think it was. What are you planning on changing about it? Just curious. Also, you're a crazy man for wearing your pbjs and a cardigan outside in the middle of the day. I only wear my pbjs at night or if i'm going to be inside most the time during the summer.
post #11698 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin1663 View Post
that's ill...i love the contrast between the badass skull and the preppy ribbon
No offense, but that's textbook amjack. AA Crate Vans
post #11699 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronoaug View Post
Sauce- It's most certainly just the AA cardigan. I have it in black in a size that fits similar to yours. It's not just cardigans in general but the AA one for some reason. The black one is a bit more forgiving though. After seeing it for awhile i don't think it's all that feminine but i'd definitely expect some other not so sartorially inclined people to think it was. What are you planning on changing about it? Just curious. Also, you're a crazy man for wearing your pbjs and a cardigan outside in the middle of the day. I only wear my pbjs at night or if i'm going to be inside most the time during the summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucemaster View Post
The other time I posted a pic with a cardigan buttoned this way, someone said something similar.

The buttoning is what gives some people the slightly feminine impression. I still like the way I have it buttoned, but a picture with another cardigan from months ago gave a couple people a similar impression, so it seems to be a more widespread thing than I'd imagined. I might change up, I might not. In any case, you're right, I can't imagine wearing even a very thin cardigan like this again for a couple months at least, so I guess I have plenty of time to decide. My PBJs will see action, though, I'm sure.
post #11700 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post
No offense, but that's textbook amjack.

ok so?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I