or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I - Page 754  

post #11296 of 11974
xxx
post #11297 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by razuel View Post
I wanna look like everyone else here........

Wear whatever you feel represents you best. Don't listen to anyone who lambast you for looking like an AF clone and then gives you advice on how to dress like a styleforum clone instead. Now if that in fact what you're going for ( and theres nothing wrong with that) then you may want to start in the APC thread.
post #11298 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rome View Post
Wear whatever you feel represents you best. Don't listen to anyone who lambast you for looking like an AF clone and then gives you advice on how to dress like a styleforum clone instead. Now if that in fact what you're going for ( and theres nothing wrong with that) then you may want to start in the APC thread.

FAR from it, I don't want to look like 95% of the people here.

No offense, but rye, bobo, cult, etc.. just not my style. I think digging the style of 2 or 3 guys here doesn't amount to wanting to look like everyone else.

But you're right, I don't want to be a clone of anything.
post #11299 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzt3117 View Post
Most young men in the US wear their jeans larger than their true fit by 1-2 sizes, ostensibly to avoid looking gay, this is what I mean by the A&F look. Quoting the imitable LAGuy, wearing clothes that fit doesn't make you gay.

So you're saying there's no such thing as a gay jean?
post #11300 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rye GB View Post
iTunes Playing Miles, Sean And Bodie by The Boats from the record We Made It For You Unholy Matrimony Tee C Monday Jeans Cons x Barney GS, your entire outfit today is excellent but the color play between the shirt and DM's is 100% . ^^^^No prob's razuel, just checking.
I was trying to be nice because I'm new around here, but I'm just going to go ahead and speak my mind (especially since my outfit is 'painful' to look at). How is an outfit like yours better than mine? Why do I care what I look like? For the ladies-- and if I ask any lady I can almost guarantee they'll think that weird ass bunny shirt, thigh tight jeans (which make your feet look huge), and typical converse style shoes is a lot less appealing than my outfit. The fits make you look like a little boy, as well. And no, I'm not close-minded because I think there are a lot of people here that look a lot better than me (know so). Berlin report and sauce for example have amazing style. But honestly, some of your shit is painful to look at in my opinion. I'll take my mall brand jeans and t shirt over that any day. All in my opinion of course.
post #11301 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by razuel View Post
I was trying to be nice because I'm new around here, but I'm just going to go ahead and speak my mind (especially since my outfit is 'painful' to look at). How is an outfit like yours better than mine? Why do I care what I look like? For the ladies-- and if I ask any lady I can almost guarantee they'll think that weird ass bunny shirt, thigh tight jeans (which make your feet look huge), and typical converse style shoes is a lot less appealing than my outfit. The fits make you look like a little boy, as well.

And no, I'm not close-minded because I think there are a lot of people here that look a lot better than me (know so). Berlin report and sauce for example have amazing style. But honestly, some of your shit is painful to look at in my opinion. I'll take my mall brand jeans and t shirt over that any day.

All in my opinion of course.

Whether or not you like his style, his clothes undoubtedly fit... the rest is just personal preference of aesthetics.
post #11302 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by razuel View Post
I was trying to be nice because I'm new around here, but I'm just going to go ahead and speak my mind (especially since my outfit is 'painful' to look at). How is an outfit like yours better than mine? Why do I care what I look like? For the ladies-- and if I ask any lady I can almost guarantee they'll think that weird ass bunny shirt, thigh tight jeans (which make your feet look huge), and typical converse style shoes is a lot less appealing than my outfit. The fits make you look like a little boy, as well. And no, I'm not close-minded because I think there are a lot of people here that look a lot better than me (know so). Berlin report and sauce for example have amazing style. But honestly, some of your shit is painful to look at in my opinion. I'll take my mall brand jeans and t shirt over that any day. All in my opinion of course.
This forum has alot of good taste, although it can be narrow in scope at times, I think it can be best summed up with CONFORM CONFORM CONFORM CONFORM CONFORM CONFORM CONFORM *ahem* CONFORM CONFORM CONFORM, with a healthy dose of snobbery thrown in.
post #11303 of 11974
Nothing special jcrew lgc belt grifters rm williams
post #11304 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC View Post
I think men are developing serious self-image problems like women in thinking that they are 1-2 sizes smaller than they actually are. They don't want to be a 34" waist so they'll squeeze into slim 32"s and likewise a size 50 suit jacket is "gigantic" and they MUST wear a 46-48.
It's not about the size on the tag...it's about having the approrpriate fit to your body type and having the clothes drape as they were made to.
A guy wearing size 28 jeans and a 46 jacket and a guy wearing size 34 jeans and a 52 jacket will stylistically both look the same if that is in fact their correct size/measurments. But, I gurantee that whichever has the prettier face is going to "look better" than the other.

Good post.
post #11305 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by razuel View Post
Why do I care what I look like? For the ladies-- and if I ask any lady I can almost guarantee they'll think that weird ass bunny shirt, thigh tight jeans (which make your feet look huge), and typical converse style shoes is a lot less appealing than my outfit.

In short, no. The AmJack aesthetic that your outfit represents mostly works in high school and (surburban) college females. Beyond that (age-wise or living in urban centers) is a completely different beast. You don't see stylish men in their late 20's rocking A&F for a reason.

Besides, RyeGB is an artist, in his 30's, fairly affluent, and married. Dude doesn't have much to prove to anyone.
post #11306 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by razuel View Post
Why do I care what I look like? For the ladies--

If that is your objective then you've got other things to worry about plus you're on the wrong forum.
post #11307 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
If that is your objective then you've got other things to worry about plus you're on the wrong forum.

I'm 19.

And I think you're right.

But I'm sticking around because most of the people here are pretty cool. I'm sure drizzt has thought like rye, but he's been helpful rather than hurtful.
post #11308 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by razuel View Post
Why do I care what I look like? For the ladies-- and if I ask any lady I can almost guarantee they'll think that weird ass bunny shirt, thigh tight jeans (which make your feet look huge), and typical converse style shoes is a lot less appealing than my outfit.

why are you here if you just want to dress "for the ladies", and already is sure that you do it better than other posters? The whole concept of dressing for someone else (the ladies) just means that you isnt interested in clothes and style for its own sake, but only as an instrument.. so why not just bro it out as much as possible, to get the mall -brand women that you seem to like?
post #11309 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by razuel View Post
Why do I care what I look like? For the ladies--
I myself just turned 20 a week ago and I have to agree with Jet and Bobo; if you're just doing things "for the ladies" you're doing them for the wrong reasons. Do things for yourself, be confident, and "ladies" aren't a problem. On another note, Braidkid definitely rocks the shit in most of his outfits. Makes me wish I weren't a poor college student so I could afford nice shoes too.
post #11310 of 11974
"Mall-brand women" is my favorite new phrase, thanks SuperBobo! So much better, and more accurate, than "sorority girl".
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I