or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I - Page 743  

post #11131 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
I happen to enjoy SoCal's posts because he brings something to the table that nobody else does.
As someone who has yet to post a WAYWN, I want to chime in and say that I'm continually impressed by SoCal. When its not his outfits, as some do strike me as "off", its the balls he has to wear them. He's one of the few posters who always gets me to click the WAYWN thread when his is the most recent post. Hats off from me.
post #11132 of 11974
dritzz i love that tie. i rather like the second suit. are you planning to lengthen the sleeves?
post #11133 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by gqreader239 View Post
dritzz i love that tie. i rather like the second suit. are you planning to lengthen the sleeves?

Yeah, I am. I just got it tonight in the mail so I'll have it altered next week. I may let the jacket out like 1-2" also, haven't decided yet.
post #11134 of 11974
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
The reason why it's harder to be stylish in S&D than semi-MC is that there are many more choices and you're not limited to a specific blueprint ie trousers, button up and jacket. I don't think it's hard at all to put nice fits together because you're confined to certain fixed factors but in S&D there are no rules there's much more creativity involved with the various types of pants, jeans, cardigans, sweaters, jackets, avant garde shit etc. There are no restrictions and it's those that force you to become a clone. Plus streetwear is all about breaking the rules, which are sometimes made to be broken and that is why those that adhere to them never develop a style all their own.

While theoretically true, most of us likewise conform to some mode of dressing that is as formulaic as the shirt-tie-suit uniform. I pretty much dress by the numbers. Choose one long sleeve tee or henley, choose one pair of jeans with complementary tone and either complementary or contrasting silhouette, choose one belt with contrasting color and complementary tone, choose a pair of sneakers. Put on leather bracelets and other accessories. That's me in the morning (then I go to the gym and take all that off and put on gym clothes for an hour and a half.) It's just human nature. Most of us have a uniform, and then do variation on the theme. And everyone has strengths and weaknesses. You can easily see this in stores where there is essentially one dominating buyer. Louis Boston, for example, does great in the "slightly off kilter gentleman" department, with Kiton suits under Dries van Noten coats with Henry Begeulin shoes. On the other hand, the "streetwear" floor of Louis generally sucks ass (there are some good pieces, but generally, the stuff is not worth writing home about,) especially considering how strong it is in other areas.
post #11135 of 11974
Lorenzini shirt
Brioni pant
NM belt
Brioni socks
DE bluchers
post #11136 of 11974
Wow, someone got a little snippy. Maybe a nap first next time. LA Guy, I agree with who, I think this thread could use criticism a bit more often. Ironically, I figured it was probably safer to criticize SoCal2NYC because he so clearly nails it most of the time. When I first saw what you and Rye had posted, I was looking forward to SoCal's response, because he's always been one of the best posters in this thread, and I thought he'd have something interesting to say in response. But don't let one bad response sour you on it, I like your critiques (and Rye's) even on the occasions when I disagree, because they're always well thought-out and clearly articulated. Plus, in all this we've gone and buried diddy's post, which is a shame, because he's turning into a damn sniper. He rarely takes a shot, but he never misses. And it's always a kill. EDIT: I also love that kitonbrioni just keeps rolling along. You could set your watch to him.
post #11137 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife View Post

vintage shirt trovata tank 45rpm suminando ndc no belt no shoes nothing

I feel this has a nice silhouette.
post #11138 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucemaster View Post
EDIT: I also love that kitonbrioni just keeps rolling along. You could set your watch to him.

He's a real go-getter, won't take no for an answer.
post #11139 of 11974
Quote:
While theoretically true, most of us likewise conform to some mode of dressing that is as formulaic as the shirt-tie-suit uniform...It's just human nature. Most of us have a uniform, and then do variation on the theme.

So true. Only difference is when the uniform is more complex and executed with more thought/taste, we label it personal style.
post #11140 of 11974
I really don't have anything to add to this debate, so I'll just post a pic... MJK Henley SC OKI One Wash Neil Barrett The back...
post #11141 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljkrell View Post
I really don't have anything to add to this debate, so I'll just post a pic...

MJK Henley
SC OKI One Wash
Neil Barrett


Did you size down ALOT on the canes? Mine don't look anywhere near that slim esp through the lower leg.
post #11142 of 11974
Nah... They are size 30. I am turning into a 31 waist (don't like that), so maybe I sized down one or a half size...
post #11143 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrey View Post
couple of pics from the weekend..




Best I've seen in a long long time. Awesome, top to bottom. Great photo in it self, as well.
post #11144 of 11974
mjk-i have never seen okis fit like that. i am flabbergasted. nice fit. (um. Normal capitalization, imagine, sirs!)
post #11145 of 11974
Wow! What a rundown of pics by SoCal, Splendid in my opinion!

Me today:

http://tklflair.wordpress.com/

ACNE peak lapel one-button jacket
Spencer Hart club collar textured cotton shirt
Spencer Hart silk tie
Missoni cotton shorts
Buddhahood Saville Row, distressed and painted boots
Jaeger LeCoultre MUT
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I