or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I - Page 740  

post #11086 of 11974
Dior Homme black/white stripe polo
Jil Sander grey jeans
Dior Homme gold hightops


post #11087 of 11974
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC View Post
Dior Homme black/white stripe polo
Jil Sander grey jeans
Dior Homme gold hightops


See SoCal,

I'm a big fan of your suit and tie looks, and your safari/jetsetter styles, but I think that you fall down when you try more casual looks like this.

First off, I just don't think that the Dior hightops work here. The jeans are a pretty faded color, and they call for a more neutral looking looking shoe. I'd say that those hightops call for a very dark indigo or very dark overdyed jean, or maybe something contrasting in the pants - some really baggy pants, maybe. As is, something is very unsatisfying about the jeans/shoes combination.

And not only do the colors of the polo look jarring against the neutral jeans, but it really doesn't do your physique any favors. You do Ironman races, so you are probably in pretty good shape, but something about the way the shirt hugs your torso makes you look like a slightly chubby thirteen year old. I know it's Dior Homme, and probably $200+, but I would give it away. Rye, for example, by his own admission, is not in as good shape as you are, but his tight polos and jeans work better, and it is not just the camera angle.
post #11088 of 11974
I must respectfully disagree. SoCal is the one of the few men on this forum who consistently amazes me in both the dress/formal and casual arenas. I think he looks fantastic!!!!
post #11089 of 11974
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mram65 View Post
I must respectfully disagree. SoCal is the one of the few men on this forum who consistently amazes me in both the dress/formal and casual arenas. I think he looks fantastic!!!!

You're not allowed to disagree!!!

Just kidding It's just my opinion. Feel free to tell me I'm talking out my ass.
post #11090 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
First off, I just don't think that the Dior hightops work here. The jeans are a pretty faded color, and they call for a more neutral looking looking shoe. I'd say that those hightops call for a very dark indigo or very dark overdyed jean, or maybe something contrasting in the pants - some really baggy pants, maybe. As is, something is very unsatisfying about the jeans/shoes combination.

And not only do the colors of the polo look jarring against the neutral jeans, but it really doesn't do your physique any favors. You do Ironman races, so you are probably in pretty good shape, but something about the way the shirt hugs your torso makes you look like a slightly chubby thirteen year old. I know it's Dior Homme, and probably $200+, but I would give it away. Rye, for example, by his own admission, is not in as good shape as you are, but his tight polos and jeans work better, and it is not just the camera angle.

MEEE-OUTCH!!
post #11091 of 11974
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ts4them View Post
MEEE-OUTCH!!

Hey, I don't have to say "Nice Fit" to everything, right? And SoCal has enough style and confidence to know that not everything works. Every stylish man should have at least one outfit that looks like ass, or else he is being lazy and isn't pushing those limits. I don't think I've been particularly adventurous recently, but really looked like shite a couple of days ago. The mirror don't lie.
post #11092 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
Hey, I don't have to say "Nice Fit" to everything, right? And SoCal has enough style and confidence to know that not everything works. Every stylish man should have at least one outfit that looks like ass, or else he is being lazy and isn't pushing those limits. I don't think I've been particularly adventurous recently, but really looked like shite a couple of days ago. The mirror don't lie.

I'm going to check out the margiela store this weekend in LA homey.
post #11093 of 11974
I like Socals pose in the second pic. All he needs is two backup singers and he'd be Diana and The Supremes.
post #11094 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
Rye, for example, by his own admission, is not in as good shape as you are, but his tight polos and jeans work better, and it is not just the camera angle.

Listen to you old man!. We may both be 32 but I'm feeling fit as a fiddle!.......that's a lie I feel old and tired. Fashion does that to you, not the purchasing, the producing. I need to lie down.
post #11095 of 11974
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rye GB View Post
Listen to you old man!. We may both be 32 but I'm feeling fit as a fiddle!.......that's a lie I feel old and tired. Fashion does that to you, not the purchasing, the producing. I need to lie down.

It's true. The producers of fashion are like the Morlocks, the consumers like the Eloi. If it's any consolation, the Morlocks occasionally get to come above ground and eat some of the Eloi. The models only get to watch the eating though.
post #11096 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by mram65 View Post
I must respectfully disagree. SoCal is the one of the few men on this forum who consistently amazes me in both the dress/formal and casual arenas. I think he looks fantastic!!!!


I'm with the Old Asian Man on this one. I think SoCal has some amazing spending power (I'll be in NYC in 2 weeks, he can take me shopping) but for me doesn't show enough creativity in his purchases.
I think it's a NYC thing though, I lived in Manhattan for 7 years and if you have the cash people tend to go for the pieces or label that is wrapped up in Manhattanite Hype. Murakami x LV, the Thom Browne fad, Lanvin is certainly shining bright at present, Dior Homme 3 years ago and anything black and nylon fabricated from Prada 8 years ago. It's easy to get caught up in the frenzy for the latest designer item living in New York in the same way I see folks in Los Angeles heading to the car dealership as soon as the new Beemer or Benz is launched.

I think SoCal has some wonderful items I just wish he'd drop some Ca-ching on Number Nine, Carpe Diem, John Lobb, 45rpm not the latest gold sneaker from YSL or Dior, not only what his friends will recognize as expensive, not what is most sought after at Jeffrey. I think his biggest weakness is his denim choices. They always look like the items you can find at Century 21 for 80% off.

But then he's young, there's time, I'm an older but wiser (I think) curmudgeon.
post #11097 of 11974
post #11098 of 11974
i bet im gonna get flamed for this outfit, but what the hell.


10 deep fitted
H&M Zip-hood
Crocker yellow jeans
Nike SB "Send Help"
post #11099 of 11974
vintage shirt trovata tank 45rpm suminando ndc no belt no shoes nothing
post #11100 of 11974
It almost borderlines on too matchy matchy but i think it bypasses that. I really like the fit of the shirt and it being vintage makes it more impressive. I also didn't realize how skinny you were.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I