or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I - Page 739  

post #11071 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rye GB View Post
No, don't take it down. The point wasn't to be mean, but I couldn't pass this by. Criticism and praise should be dished out in equal measure, otherwise, whats the point of being a member here?. Constructive critique can still be an act of kindness.
It wasn't the criticism, as most my outfits are "controversial", so to speak, I just posted it because I had a camera and wasn't all that thrilled with the pic to begin with. I've never really seen the shoes on camera, but maybe it is time to get a new pair, they really are an eyesore in the pic. Those colors work well in 100+ degree heat. I have similar skin tone to you, what is wrong with offwhite pants? Perhaps this will require a new thread. I think the color of my pants are actually called cream or oatmeal or something. Moreover, how is an outfit "relevant"? Better yet, how does one become "irrelevant"?
post #11072 of 11974
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by braidkid View Post
ohh, how'd i miss this.....thanks!

hmm, rye, i'm not so sure about this one....i usually like your fits but something doesnt seem right this time.

I disagree. The fit of the jeans and the drape of the tee are great together, and I really like the hits of white.
post #11073 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiecollector View Post
Moreover, how is an outfit "relevant"? Better yet, how does one become "irrelevant"?

That's unfair, it's Friday and my brain cannot muster the remaining few cells to answer that question. Oh here goes a feable attempt. I think relevant as in trying, making some effort in your appearance. The English example of being irrelevant would be the curse of brown polyester trousers from Greenwoods, a poly/cotton Marks & Spencer shirt, beige dress socks and an oatmeal cardigan with faux leather buttons. Many many English Gentleman succumb to being visually irrelevant.
post #11074 of 11974
rye
really nice, I like the sweater. The white belt is a bit too much contrast imo though.
post #11075 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
I disagree. The fit of the jeans and the drape of the tee are great together, and I really like the hits of white.
I was just gonna say, Rye, I really like this one. Nice... and fresh.
post #11076 of 11974
Rye, perfect. Love the belt.
post #11077 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzt3117 View Post
Band of Outsiders navy/white ticking stripe shirt
Etro black pinstriped blazer
Earnest Sewn Fulton Patriot
RM Williams Chelseas



Bonus pic:

Same jacket, boots, shirt, w/ cougars.



Glad to see you're enjoying the blazer!
post #11078 of 11974
-Black & white krama (because the back of my neck is a little burned, and also because I just wanted to wear it) -Jay Allen blank purple t-shirt -APC NS -Paul May
post #11079 of 11974
Paul May shoes? Info?
post #11080 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilgeniusdan View Post
Paul May shoes? Info?

http://www.yoox.com/item.asp?cod10=440628114A

Only a size 8 left. I'm really pleased with them for the price.
post #11081 of 11974
Sauce, fantastic fit and pic.
post #11082 of 11974
For those with a fetish for the outdoors:

Band of Outsiders
Uniqlo
Zara

post #11083 of 11974
very nice sauce, those shoes are great, i still havent figured out how to do a scarf during summer but you manage to do it well.
post #11084 of 11974
went to see martinez play tonight....awesome tunes.



vans chukka
APC NS
topman t
gorman t
warrior harrington (not pictured)
georg jensen ring
post #11085 of 11974
Quote:
Originally Posted by berlin report View Post
Sauce, fantastic fit and pic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braidkid View Post
very nice sauce, those shoes are great, i still havent figured out how to do a scarf during summer but you manage to do it well.

Thanks, guys. Braid, the only scarves I wear in summer are scarves that have been designed for summer (or at least spring) wear, so maybe that's part of it? Wool's never going to look right, but linen, for example, ends up looking decent. The scarf also needs to be on the short side. I always struggle with it a little, because it's clearly an affectation--there are some practical reasons to wear them, but generally speaking those aren't really the reasons I'm doing it. I'm doing it because I like how it looks. But on the other hand... I *do* like the way it looks.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I