or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › FS: Men's Clothing (Archive) › Buyers and sellers feedback thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buyers and sellers feedback thread - Page 197  

post #2941 of 5449
I agree with above. This place has a reputation of good sales with good people...no need for someone knowingly selling fakes
post #2942 of 5449
Great buying experience with twon12 !!!
post #2943 of 5449
another great transaction with whusurdadi

thanks Mike for the quick shipping!
post #2944 of 5449
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH_Clark View Post
another great transaction with whusurdadi

thanks Mike for the quick shipping!

Thanks - enjoy!
post #2945 of 5449
mystillwater is a good seller, lightning fast shipping.
post #2946 of 5449
nabilmust and bjan are great buyers! lightning-fast payments and real gentlemen to boot.
post #2947 of 5449
Don't buy anything from "frenchy"
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...06#post3280606
check it.
post #2948 of 5449
Thanks to maj and Guero for their purchases. Good buyers, both.
post #2949 of 5449
I would like to ask for some opinions on a B&S transaction where the item received was other than described - is it best to do that here, or start a new thread (and if so, in which forum?)

thx
SP
post #2950 of 5449
Quote:
Originally Posted by S. Paul View Post
I would like to ask for some opinions on a B&S transaction where the item received was other than described - is it best to do that here, or start a new thread (and if so, in which forum?)

thx
SP

Did you send a msg to the seller? I would do that first.
post #2951 of 5449
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel222 View Post
Did you send a msg to the seller? I would do that first.

Yes, of course, and his reply was strange which is why I was looking to post about it. I'll put it in the MC forum but to sum up very briefly:

High-end dress shirt was listed as Brand New, it arrives and it has darts already put into it and the tag is present but looks like it was untied then loosely wound through a buttonhole. The darts were clearly an aftermarket tailor addition as the extra fabric is still inside the shirt and tacked down.

Seller is not just a noob and replied that the shirt came that way from Barneys. Thoughts?

Anyone ever seen a shirt that was purchased, darted and then returned to a store where it was (either intentionally or unknowingly) put back out for sale?

thanks,
Sean Paul
post #2952 of 5449
Quote:
Originally Posted by S. Paul View Post
Yes, of course, and his reply was strange which is why I was looking to post about it. I'll put it in the MC forum but to sum up very briefly:

High-end dress shirt was listed as Brand New, it arrives and it has darts already put into it and the tag is present but looks like it was untied then loosely wound through a buttonhole. The darts were clearly an aftermarket tailor addition as the extra fabric is still inside the shirt and tacked down.

Seller is not just a noob and replied that the shirt came that way from Barneys. Thoughts?

Anyone ever seen a shirt that was purchased, darted and then returned to a store where it was (either intentionally or unknowingly) put back out for sale?

thanks,
Sean Paul

If it came from a clearance center, then ye, he could have bought it NWT that way (high end stores send their custom/altered stuff to be sold at discount, and still NWT)
post #2953 of 5449
idfnl is a great and honest seller. He threw in a free tie due to a mix up and even offered me a refund. I would reccomend him to anyone, and will certainly do business with him again in the future.
post #2954 of 5449
Good transaction with Cmac131313
post #2955 of 5449
Quote:
Originally Posted by whusurdadi View Post
If it came from a clearance center, then ye, he could have bought it NWT that way (high end stores send their custom/altered stuff to be sold at discount, and still NWT)

Thanks for the info, Mike - but would you think that an altered dress shirt at a high end store would have the fabric still inside the shirt when darts are put in, or would they actually have cut and re-sewn the fabric? It was my impression that one way conveys a lesser tailoring job than the other?

Just trying to figure out if indeed the seller got this shirt as-is from Barneys. I take many of my shirts to be tailored and some of them get darts added...however, the difference is that it is done on me versus whomever did this the first time around.

thx
SP
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › FS: Men's Clothing (Archive) › Buyers and sellers feedback thread