or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › FS: Men's Clothing (Archive) › Buyers and sellers feedback thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buyers and sellers feedback thread - Page 10  

post #136 of 5452
Wouldn't it make more sense to have some kind of database rather than this thread? It seems a bit cumbersome to have to search through this thread to see buyer/seller feedback
post #137 of 5452
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchen View Post
Wouldn't it make more sense to have some kind of database rather than this thread? It seems a bit cumbersome to have to search through this thread to see buyer/seller feedback

Excellent idea!!
post #138 of 5452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar1223 View Post
I have a question about a transaction. I told a seller I was interested in an item and asked how he would like payment. He replied and told me paypal around 8:30 PM last night. I paid him at about 10:30-11:00 AM today and sent him a PM informing him. I just checked my PM inbox and he told me that someone had paid for the item quicker than I had and therefore he gave it to them. The seller has refunded my money. That really makes me angry and I feel like I was wronged. Am I right?
It would've been nice if the seller held the item for you but it would be nice if all buyers followed through with payment. The ones who don't have brought this about. Obviously you're not one of them but that's in hindsight for the seller. A few months ago, I would've held an item for days and asked other buyers to wait. Now having had my fill of flakes, I'm less inclined to do that unless the buyer specifically asks for a later payment. Why not pay immediately? You could've opened a new tab and payed in less than one minute. If a buyer waits, I say they run this risk. He refunded your payment so I don't think you can blame the seller much.
post #139 of 5452
I paid the first time I logged back into SF. I just thought there was some amount of holding time for the first person who PM's the seller saying I will take it.

Its not like I paid him days later either, it was 14 hours.

My point in bringing all of this up is to get a feel for other sellers. If most of them are like the one I encountered, I will be sure to log in more often if I have a potential transaction going on.
post #140 of 5452
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesses View Post
Super experience buying 3 pairs of incotex from lefty, lightening quick shipping and excellent quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by aportnoy View Post
Ditto for me!

Same. Except I only bought one pair.
post #141 of 5452
There are too many flaky buyers these days. As a seller, whoever sends payment first gets the item. As a buyer, I try to send my payment ASAP.
post #142 of 5452
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchen View Post
As a buyer, I try to send my payment ASAP.

This of course is proper etiquette!
post #143 of 5452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar1223 View Post
I paid the first time I logged back into SF. I just thought there was some amount of holding time for the first person who PM's the seller saying I will take it. Its not like I paid him days later either, it was 14 hours. My point in bringing all of this up is to get a feel for other sellers. If most of them are like the one I encountered, I will be sure to log in more often if I have a potential transaction going on.
I misinterpreted your post. I thought you were online at 830PM to receive that PM from the seller but waited until 1100AM the next day. If you weren't even online (and the seller can usually see in your profile when you were last active) then that was very hasty on his part and I would be upset if I were in your shoes. I would hope that a seller would at least wait until you get back online and then send you a reminder PM in that case.. It was good that you brought it up though.
post #144 of 5452
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchen View Post
Wouldn't it make more sense to have some kind of database rather than this thread? It seems a bit cumbersome to have to search through this thread to see buyer/seller feedback
The thread serves the useful purpose of a CV. I can link someone to a post made in the thread which recommends me (or just put it in my sig); that way the buyer doesn't have to read 300 posts, but I can still demonstrate my trustworthiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchen View Post
There are too many flaky buyers these days. As a seller, whoever sends payment first gets the item. As a buyer, I try to send my payment ASAP.
This is a bad policy, the equivalent of letting people cut in line at a checkout if they have their cash ready. However, I agree that I'd be somewhat worried if I sold something pending payment and the buyer didn't pay up within a day (or even less). I think the best compromise is to establish some sort of time limit, i.e. 'if you PM me to confirm your desire to purchase, payment must be made within x hours or the item goes for sale again.'
post #145 of 5452
FYI, I had paypal funds put on hold/removed after buyer kevin1968 made payment. Thankfully I didn't ship as payment was received late Friday. I've since been told by the buyer that I can cancel the order if I would like. The shipping address was paypal verified. I will let you know what the outcome is.
post #146 of 5452
I recently had a terrific buying experience with Amerikajinda. Excellent item...great communication and customer service that can't be beat.
post #147 of 5452
Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness View Post
This is a bad policy, the equivalent of letting people cut in line at a checkout if they have their cash ready...
But, there seems to be a reasonable expectation (of B&M shopping) that someone who has taken the time to shop and has gotten into line, will under normal circumstances, be very likely to complete the purchase of the items promptly. Whether or not that person gets to "cut in line". What is the typical experience of sellers here? Are the "buyers" that send PM's and questions likely to pay? I'd be willing to say that the rate of "buyer" attrition is much higher. Buying and selling on online forums is akin to a yard sale or car dealership type of environment. Similarly to what seems to be a developing trend here, the sale in those environments traditionally go to the first with "cash ready". SDF
post #148 of 5452
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylumpkin View Post
I recently had a terrific buying experience with Amerikajinda. Excellent item...great communication and customer service that can't be beat.

Thank you! tonylumpkin is a great buyer, excellent communication, quick payment - wonderful transaction on all counts.
post #149 of 5452
Just got some new Talbott cufflinks from X-Calibre and Ataturk -- both excellent sellers who were wonderful to deal with and shipped quickly. A++++++
post #150 of 5452
Just a quick note: recent good buying experiences with Whusurdadi, Rioni, Hamm23, Amerikajinda, SoCal2NYC and sho'nuff.

And thanks to EL72 for the forum benefit ties!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › FS: Men's Clothing (Archive) › Buyers and sellers feedback thread