or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › WAYWN - The best of
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WAYWN - The best of - Page 6

post #76 of 416
I don't even look at MC WAYWT too often and I remember most of these. Great stuff.
post #77 of 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
There are a lot of "big" guys that dress well. AHarris, yatchie aren't exactly 32 inch waisters There are also a lot of guys (large and small) that don't post pics that I know dress well.

Well, I didn't say it was impossible. I am a big guy and I think I dress well... Ha. I recognize the challenges of fit inherent in my size, though, and I think it's harder for a guy who's, say, 20 lbs. overweight to dress to the ideal than for a guy who's 20 lbs. underweight. I'm talking things like shirt collar fit and how a big neck or larger chin affects tie space or the ability to wear a spread collar... the way trousers sit on the hips instead of the waist if you have a belly... waist suppression... issues of proportion in tie and lapel width (the skinny ties in vogue right now look ridiculous on bigger guys), etc.

Still, I'll point out that nobody has posted any yachtie photos in this best-of thread. Aharris I'm not sure of cuz I'm not sure what he looks like
post #78 of 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
Still, I'll point out that nobody has posted any yachtie photos in this best-of thread. Aharris I'm not sure of cuz I'm not sure what he looks like

Yachtie


A Harris x 2
post #79 of 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by whacked View Post

Touche.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whacked View Post

Thanks, but this guy is clearly not even close to overweight. Muscular, yes. But not even, say, husky. I'm husky. I'd post a pic, but none of mine are worthy of this thread

Not trying to threadjack, though. Great looks and folks should keep em coming. I'll try to post a comprehensive "fat guys dressing challenges" thread tonight if I have time.
post #80 of 416
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post
Matt should only wear that jacket with white or black, possibly grey. Yuck! (just sayin).

I'm surprised to see that fit show up. I still can't figure out how to wear that jacket well. Do you think white jeans would be good?
post #81 of 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
I like it, just wish the shoulders were softer, like his DB for example.

That was my first suit from him. It took a few orders to get him to come my way on certain things.
post #82 of 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post
Do you guys regularly save WAYW pics to your HDDs?

And people wonder why I block out my face?


I don't save pics, but I found a quick way to find pics I liked. It should work for most regular posters in there. If you search within the WAYWT for posts, by your own username, with a time limit of one year, you'll pull up about 20 pages of results. It's really easy to skim them for posts where you complimented someone's look, and then open those posts in a new tab in your browser and then copy/paste the image URL into this thread. Takes about 10-15 minutes to review the entire year, tops.

However, some stylish posters delete their old photos from the web after a while (PG, I'm looking at you!), which is why I wasn't able to include them in my selection earlier in this thread.



Finally, to Matt - GREAT idea for a thread. Thank you. Loving browsing through everyone's choices; very inspiring.
post #83 of 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by whacked View Post

Well posted. If you're going to talk about huskier posters, Edmorel, Marty and Ethandesu are all big wins too.
post #84 of 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post



There are a lot of "big" guys that dress well. AHarris, yatchie aren't exactly 32 inch waisters There are also a lot of guys (large and small) that don't post pics that I know dress well.

3 things: swelled chest + pinched waist +flared skirt= 20 lbs thinner

Tailoring magic.
post #85 of 416
Couple of favs from my hard drive (lol creepy).


post #86 of 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
Still, I'll point out that nobody has posted any yachtie photos in this best-of thread.

I did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

Yachtie:
post #87 of 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by yfyf View Post
Well posted. If you're going to talk about huskier posters, Edmorel, Marty and Ethandesu are all big wins too.



Damn, I was just mentioning to someone that I need to lose weight but I am only a 40R/34W
post #88 of 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
I'm surprised to see that fit show up. I still can't figure out how to wear that jacket well. Do you think white jeans would be good?

Yeah, unless the whites clash in some way. I always wondered though, is it a slightly extended shoulder and how heavy is the (100% wool?) fabric?
post #89 of 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post
Yeah, unless the whites clash in some way. I always wondered though, is it a slightly extended shoulder and how heavy is the (100% wool?) fabric?

If that seersucker jacket is wool, it should be burned.
post #90 of 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
That was my first suit from him. It took a few orders to get him to come my way on certain things.

That's you!!!? Great suit, I like the cotton fabric. Shouldn't this be your spezzatura special where you indulge in all the little quirks you're currently suppressing, say by no wearing a tie.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › WAYWN - The best of