or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › WAYWN - The best of
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WAYWN - The best of - Page 10

post #136 of 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulford View Post
dude
sweet?
post #137 of 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
sweet?

Duuuuuude!
post #138 of 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian View Post
Duuuuuude!


"Where's my Charvet?"
post #139 of 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
sweet?

heh. Dude as in you nailed it.

of course Dude can mean almost anything... including where's my charvet (good one PandA)
post #140 of 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
Didn't read the whole thread but let me guess: mafoo loves iammatt's, vox's and manton's outifts while vox loves manton's and iammatt's and manton loves vox's and iammatt's. Somewhere in there, some docholliday, chorse, phat guido (and socal for laughs) get inserted inadvertently but that's not incredibly relevant.

Am I close?

It's true, I'm unloved.

But you overstate my preferences. I haven't reviewed anything beyond the first quarter of the year, so I haven't considered any of Vox's stuff yet. Still, I know I like him best when he's less carefully attired. I remember he posted some shots of himself tieless in a double-breasted jacket. Very rakish. Manton's taste is often a tad bit too sober for me, but if I was forced to dress like one person on the forum, he'd be very high up on the list. I like good boring, even if Manton and I have different notions of what that means. I love many of Iammatt's things, and prefer the way his stuff fits the most, but I wouldn't think to try many of his ensembles myself; I don't think anyone can seriously think we dress alike or that I'm trying to copy him. But if I had to pick one other person's wardrobe to replace my own, I'd probably pick his. His double-breasted flannel suit is maybe the best thing I've seen on any of the forums and inspired me to get my own; I think I still like his better than mine, but maybe that's because he has a better physique to begin with.
post #141 of 416
Can I post pictures of myself or is that cheating?
post #142 of 416
i did.
post #143 of 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by whnay. View Post
I'd love to see the pics in this thread but foo's head keeps on getting in the way.

I lol'ed.
post #144 of 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
Didn't read the whole thread but let me guess: mafoo loves iammatt's, vox's and manton's outifts while vox loves manton's and iammatt's and manton loves vox's and iammatt's. Somewhere in there, some docholliday, chorse, phat guido (and socal for laughs) get inserted inadvertently but that's not incredibly relevant.

Am I close?

yup. the usual clusterfucks are overly represented in this thread as usual.
post #145 of 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemagic View Post
ROFL at the facial expression in this picture, like the best man grabbed your ass just as it was being taken. I hope you didn't grimace this badly throughout the entire wedding.
post #146 of 416
This thread is pretty neat. I wish somebody would write a script that would crawl the entire WAYWN thread for images, and then post them in one long continuous image post so you could just view all the fits from one year on a page. That'd be ridiculous.
post #147 of 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by whnay. View Post
I'd love to see the pics in this thread but foo's head keeps on getting in the way.

that's definitely not small time.
post #148 of 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainy View Post
This thread is pretty neat. I wish somebody would write a script that would crawl the entire WAYWN thread for images, and then post them in one long continuous image post so you could just view all the fits from one year on a page. That'd be ridiculous.
I've been thinking of creating a WAYWT website that would have that kind of feature. things like:
  • mark your favorites (so you dont have to store pics on your HD)
  • sort / search / link different folks
  • let people save item descriptions so they can quickly post
  • post via iphone/fb/twitter/etc
  • maybe allow ratings
  • and search "like" fits for reference, or a preference indicator (e.g., you like this person 85% of the time)
post #149 of 416
Whoopee's (Chitty Chitty Chang Chang) suit silhouette is my fav. His Tux is perfection in style.

Baron is the coolest mf on the board; able to juggle formal to street without looking theatrical or a glorified grandpa. A.Harris does this well also. These guys could do business without distracting, go to a nice louge or take it to a pub with their wardrobe.

The 4 horseman have the best fits to quality and could bank roll the overthrow of small country with their wardrobe.
post #150 of 416
Isn't that the dude from wedding crashers?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › WAYWN - The best of