or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Berlin
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Berlin

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
I will be spending a week in the Berlin/Potsdam area, if anyone has any information regarding shopping, restaurants, bars, museums, galleries etc. I would be happy if you could help.
post #2 of 15
When?  As you get to summer, I believe the major tourist attractions maintain longer hours.  I remember that the Pergamon was open until 9 or 10 (ridiculously late) on a Thursday night during my last stay in Berlin.  Great collection of Greco-Roman and Near Eastern art. The Jewish Museum is also highly recommended. This is the bridge that leads into Museum Island.  On the evening when I visited, there was a three piece band playing a few Harry Connick Jr. tunes.  Probably one of the more memorable days from my last vacation.
post #3 of 15
Thread Starter 
I will be going on the 4th of April. Thank you for the recs. This is the first time I am going to Berlin, so I know nothing. The only things I have found out is that Unter Den Linden, and Potsdammer Platz are good for shopping, are they? I will be staying at the Hotel Adlon Kempinski, and at a friends house in Potsdam.
post #4 of 15
Keep with the high recs, I will be there also in Sept. Looking very forward.
post #5 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Keep with the high recs, I will be there also in Sept. Looking very forward.
Nightowl, this has quite a bit of good info: Here
post #6 of 15
perfect, thanks, between friends we are staying with and that site, we should have a blast for 4 days
post #7 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
perfect, thanks, between friends we are staying with and that site, we should have a blast for 4 days
At first I though it would be a purley work based trip, but after a bit of research, I have found that there are some good things to see.
post #8 of 15
Thread Starter 
Going tomorrow, any more info?
post #9 of 15
a reasonably nice place is cafe einstien for austrian food and nice atmosphere - not the fanciest place, but a nice trendy place with good comfort food. for ethnic food, go to Kant str. some of the best chinese food in germany can be had at "good friends" resteraunt on Kant str, also, I believe the name is "aroma" jsut down the street, opened by people who used to work at good friends. you will find nearby turkish, vietnamese, lebanese and afrrican places, can't vouch for them, but if good food from these ethnicities is to be had in town, it will be in that area. the main shopping in town is right by your hotel. try to get one eveing to the KaDeWe, it has a very cool foodcourt, including a fresh live seafood bar and a champange bar, as well as all sorts of other things. hit the Pargamon museum, has to be seen to be believed. where the london museum has a lot of great pieces, the huge monumental pieces are at the pargomon museum. the bahaus museum and the "bridge" (or it might be the "blue rider" museum ) for german expressionism, a great collection. the zoo has a panda, a rhino and a pygmy hippo, and is 15 minute walk from your hotel. any specific questions let me know.
post #10 of 15
Thread Starter 
Thank you so much for the advice Norcaltransplant and Globetrotter. Globetrotter, yes I do have one specific question, what is a good bar to go to in the evening, I hear Greenwich is good? I want somewhere trendy and hip (not wanting to sound too cheesey here..). I get the feeling that for a classy bar, for a few drinks before dinner at the Karl Largerfeld Restaurant with my girlfriend and a few clients, the bar in my hotel will be good. But for an evening alone with the gf, I want something more trendy, what would you recommend? btw. I will defo. do lunch at KDW, as I already planned to pay that a visit. Do you have any ideas about quatier 205? How is it, if you know?
post #11 of 15
Thread Starter 
Is there a website for the Permagon, I googled it to no avail.
post #12 of 15
Quote:
I will be spending a week in the Berlin/Potsdam area, if anyone has any information regarding shopping, restaurants, bars, museums, galleries etc. I would be happy if you could help.
bring some sneaker, you could exchange them against some Vodka
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Thank you so much for the advice Norcaltransplant and Globetrotter. Globetrotter, yes I do have one specific question, what is a good bar to go to in the evening, I hear Greenwich is good? I want somewhere trendy and hip (not wanting to sound too cheesey here..). I get the feeling that for a classy bar, for a few drinks before dinner at the Karl Largerfeld Restaurant with my girlfriend and a few clients, the bar in my hotel will be good. But for an evening alone with the gf, I want something more trendy, what would you recommend? btw. I will defo. do lunch at KDW, as I already planned to pay that a visit. Do you have any ideas about quatier 205? How is it, if you know?
sorry, I am not that trendy. if you want something really wild, at the old palace of culture in east Berlin, right off the unter den linden, is a huge techno dance place that goes 24/7 have fun
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Is there a website for the Permagon, I googled it to no avail.
I dont know, that may not be the official name of the museum, but that is what everybody calls it.
post #15 of 15
PerGAMON http://www.smb.spk-berlin.de/charts/pergamon.html There are also a bunch of cute cafes in the Northern Portion of Berlin around Orianenburger Strasse. Great place to have a drink and people watch... especially with the GF.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Berlin