or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Critique this Suit Fit
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Critique this Suit Fit

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
So, I took a gamble and bought a bespoke (to someone else) suit on eBay. I know that some people feel strongly against it, but I the numbers looked really good, and some of the details looked incredible (working cuff buttons, handmade button holes, etc).

In reality I think it is really close! There is something funky going on with the left sleeve - I measured and the sleeves come out the same length. Something else?

Here are the original photos as advertised.

Please tell me what you think, and thank you in advance!



post #2 of 19
In the photo your left shoulder looks like it drops a little making the arm extend farther down.
post #3 of 19
Sleeves look about 1/2 inch short from the front, ok in the back, they are ok with the shirt, but if you ever wear something underneath w/o sleeves it might look off.
post #4 of 19
The pants fit very well. Did you already alter them? The jacket looks very good too although the sleeves are a tad short.
post #5 of 19
looks like the guy it was made for might have been a hair heavier then you are.

I'd go for more waist suppression, and have the back taken in.

pants could be a touch longer.
post #6 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post
Sleeves look about 1/2 inch short from the front, ok in the back, they are ok with the shirt, but if you ever wear something underneath w/o sleeves it might look off.

Agreed. Other than that, I like it. Maybe take in the waist a quarter inch?
post #7 of 19
I'm no suit expert but it looks like the shoulders don't fit quite right.
post #8 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba View Post
looks like the guy it was made for might have been a hair heavier then you are. I'd go for more waist suppression, and have the back taken in.
I would second that, but then again I'm very big on closely-fit suits.
post #9 of 19
I agree about getting some more waist suppression. The sleeves don't look quite right, a big short in the front. Not a huge fan of the low button stance.

Pants look good. Maybe a tad longer on the back hem, front seems fine. Hard to tell with the shadows and what have you.

Overall looks like a pretty good score.
post #10 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry2quinn View Post
I would second that, but then again I'm very big on closely-fit suits.

I 3rd that, tweak it just a tad. Flash some cuff on that jacket and don't you dare lengthen those trousers. Leave them alone! To finish the look, I hope you have a pocket square ready
post #11 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs View Post
The pants fit very well. Did you already alter them? The jacket looks very good too although the sleeves are a tad short.

Haven't altered ANYTHING yet - pulled it out of the box 5 minutes prior to taking the photos.

Thank you for all the comments so far - I can now see that the sleeves could be altered in the front only. I don't want to lose the working buttons!

How is the length of the jacket? That was a big concern for me. I was also worried about the shoulders, but they feel perfect!

And I was already planning on getting the waist suppression altered - I am a 32 waist, so there is A LOT of loose fabric there.
post #12 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaz View Post
Haven't altered ANYTHING yet - pulled it out of the box 5 minutes prior to taking the photos.

Thank you for all the comments so far - I can now see that the sleeves could be altered in the front only. I don't want to lose the working buttons!

How is the length of the jacket? That was a big concern for me. I was also worried about the shoulders, but they feel perfect!

And I was already planning on getting the waist suppression altered - I am a 32 waist, so there is A LOT of loose fabric there.


I'm a fan of shorter cut jackets (the length of it match or being slightly shorter than the sleeves) but yours is fine
post #13 of 19
The chest looks like it's ballooning out a little bit and the back around the armpits is loose. It might be enough to take in the back and/ or side seams a bit.
post #14 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFKJean View Post
I'm a fan of shorter cut jackets (the length of it match or being slightly shorter than the sleeves) but yours is fine
I'm sorry my friend, but IMO 5 years from today that 'look' will be hopelessly dated.
post #15 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFKJean View Post
I'm a fan of shorter cut jackets (the length of it match or being slightly shorter than the sleeves) but yours is fine

The length of the jacket being shorter than the sleeve length?? Can't picture it looking any good.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Critique this Suit Fit