or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › The Yacht Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Yacht Thread - Page 2

post #16 of 98
I like a lot of the Lazzaras (Im in Clearwater, FL), Azimut, and I've done some work with Outer Reef. Dad has a Sea Ray 540DA with the TNT on the back.

(I sell yacht tenders...definitely meet some interesting people)
post #17 of 98
Thread Starter 
My second favorite is the all Gold Palmer Johnson....just sick
post #18 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodyStylee View Post
So ive seen a lot of auto discussions, but is there any boating interest on SF? I'm a yacht broker by profession, so I see first hand a wide range of yacht styles.

I've heard the boat business has been horrible recently. A nearby dealership is liquidating.
post #19 of 98
I love yachts; one of the things I enjoy that not many people know about. It sounds like you have an interesting job, Woody.

I quite enjoy Pelorus as my favorite large megayacht-


However something more manageable would probably suit me better-


Sometimes of course you just want to fly across the water, and that's where Fountain and Cigarette come in.
post #20 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshcutgrass View Post
That Jeff Coons yacht is pretty cool too.

Koons.

post #21 of 98
^ That is awesome
post #22 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post
Burger Boats, some of the finest made. And of course, Paul Allen's 420 ft monstrosity...


Decadent fucking code-cruncher...
post #23 of 98
Ours: 1963 S&S yawl



and a builder's shot:

post #24 of 98
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyquik View Post
I've heard the boat business has been horrible recently. A nearby dealership is liquidating.
Yes, the market kinda sucks right now. But it's similar to real estate in the sense that the people who CAN buy, are doing so now. I sold a boat 2 days before christmas.....the buyers are out there, but yes, sales are down. and that Koons boat is fucking horrendous. Looks like a marine engineer and a brooklyn hipster took some acid and designed a boat together
post #25 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtie View Post
Ours: 1963 S&S yawl


Beautiful.
post #26 of 98
+1! I'm not some tacky Russian or Persian. Sails, FTW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin View Post
I like the larger ones that still employ sails.

Skylge












I hate that most "nice" yachts seem to have tacky interiors.
post #27 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodyStylee View Post
Yes, the market kinda sucks right now. But it's similar to real estate in the sense that the people who CAN buy, are doing so now. I sold a boat 2 days before christmas.....the buyers are out there, but yes, sales are down.
Can you share what the buying process is like? And what if someone wanted a new custom boat built for them - would they go through a broker like you or would they go straight to a ship maker?
post #28 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin View Post
Can you share the buying process is like? And what if someone wanted a new custom boat built for them - would they go through a broker like you or would they go straight to a ship maker?

I'm interested in this as well. When someone wants to commission a megayacht like Pelorus or some of the others in the thread, where do they start?
post #29 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlast View Post
I'm interested in this as well. When someone wants to commission a megayacht like Pelorus or some of the others in the thread, where do they start?

Call your favorite marine architect and have your checkbook ready. Once you have a design, then you'd pick a builder. This would be for a totally custom job. For a "stock" model you'd contact the builder's agents.
post #30 of 98
The J Class yachts are pretty damned breath-taking.

http://www.jclassyachts.com/
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › The Yacht Thread