or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive) › RRL Jeans at Marshalls / TJMaxx
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

RRL Jeans at Marshalls / TJMaxx - Page 4

post #46 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayocean View Post
you're not gonna see ANY shrinkage. sorry
Is this right? So if I normally wear a 31W I should buy a 31W size? Or is there some vanity sizing to account for as well.
post #47 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynchpatrickj View Post
Saw a 29/34 slim-straight raw RRL at the Knightdale TJ Maxx off 540. I want it but I have no money... = /
I picked up this size at my local TJMaxx but the waist measured closer to 33 and inseam 35 so I returned them. They were $80 plus tax...
post #48 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerJ View Post
Is this right?

So if I normally wear a 31W I should buy a 31W size? Or is there some vanity sizing to account for as well.

It depends. Some cuts are super vanity sized (I have a size 26 slimboot that fits me and Im normally a 28 or 29 in other brands) and these are also super low rise. Best plan is to try them on in store..
post #49 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagsun View Post
I picked up this size at my local TJMaxx but the waist measured closer to 33 and inseam 35 so I returned them. They were $80 plus tax...

That's bizarre. I tried them on (I'm about a 29 or a 30) and they fit fine, not really loose, not tight. The ones I found were $49. RRL is notoriously inconsistent with sizing though...
post #50 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagsun View Post
I picked up this size at my local TJMaxx but the waist measured closer to 33 and inseam 35 so I returned them. They were $80 plus tax...
$80 plus tax? That sounds really high. All the ones we've been seeing were originally $49.99 or marked down to $39. That's too bad if they've suddenly started raising the price. They are worth it at $40-50... I dunno if I'd like them as much at $80.
post #51 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by rach2jlc View Post
$80 plus tax? That sounds really high. All the ones we've been seeing were originally $49.99 or marked down to $39. That's too bad if they've suddenly started raising the price. They are worth it at $40-50... I dunno if I'd like them as much at $80.
Which is why I didn't keep them. I think my TJMaxx didn't mark them down correctly as the other RRLs in teh store were in the $40-50 range.
post #52 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by rach2jlc View Post
$80 plus tax? That sounds really high. All the ones we've been seeing were originally $49.99 or marked down to $39. That's too bad if they've suddenly started raising the price. They are worth it at $40-50... I dunno if I'd like them as much at $80.
Professor, you may know a thing or two about being fabulous but you clearly know nothing about what that denim is worth.
post #53 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post
Professor, you may know a thing or two about being fabulous but you clearly know nothing about what that denim is worth.
Haha; to each his own! I think the denim quality itself seemed nice... but for me, the fit was rather boring and the cut was a little too traditional/sacklike. SO, for my purposes... $80 was too much. It's sort of like those BRioni sportcoats made from Vicuna... yeah, they're nice quality and all... but if they don't look good on me and I find them ugly.. (IMO)... they aren't worth it at any price.
post #54 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by rach2jlc View Post
Haha; to each his own! I think the denim quality itself seemed nice... but for me, the fit was rather boring and the cut was a little too traditional/sacklike. SO, for my purposes... $80 was too much. It's sort of like those BRioni sportcoats made from Vicuna... yeah, they're nice quality and all... but if they don't look good on me and I find them ugly.. (IMO)... they aren't worth it at any price.
The denim ain't cheap but the fit is completely aribitrary, especially when there are different models. Even at $80 that "sack" is far better than anything else you could find at that price retail.
post #55 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post
The denim ain't cheap but the fit is completely aribitrary, especially when there are different models. Even at $80 that "sack" is far better than anything else you could find at that price retail.
No disagreement there; they're very nice jeans without a doubt. That wasn't my issue with them. For me, though, the whole "quality" thing (whether in suits, shoes, or jeans) often gets overplayed around here; none of that really matters much to me if I don't like the garment or it looks unflattering on me. BUT, again, it's all just personal preference; I'm not telling anybody what to do with their money. I'd definitely advise trying them on first before purchase, though.
post #56 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanC View Post
If anyone comes across a pair of straights or slims in 32x32/34 I'd be interested.

PM sent.

SDF
post #57 of 129
While at lunch, stopped at a local Marshall's in Franklin, MA.

While not raw, picked up yet another pair of RRL Straight Legs.....marked down (again!) to $29!!!

Mark
post #58 of 129
has anyone seen any RRL in size 29 or smaller at TJMAXX/Marshalls?
post #59 of 129
TJMaxx in Germantown MD actually had a fair selection. I picked up a pair of blue jeans in 32/32 and 30/30. 30/30 doesn't fit, but I'll check out the 32/32 and see how they work out. There were some larger sizes in blue (36+ area) and lots of khaki/nude colored jeans in various sizes. Some of the khaki/nudes were priced down to $30.

Also saw a Hickey shirt for $40. This is the best selection this location of TJM has had... well, ever since I've been visiting.
post #60 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkk View Post
TJMaxx in Germantown MD actually had a fair selection. I picked up a pair of blue jeans in 32/32 and 30/30. 30/30 doesn't fit, but I'll check out the 32/32 and see how they work out. There were some larger sizes in blue (36+ area) and lots of khaki/nude colored jeans in various sizes. Some of the khaki/nudes were priced down to $30.

Also saw a Hickey shirt for $40. This is the best selection this location of TJM has had... well, ever since I've been visiting.

could you see if they have any in 29 or 28? Color doesn't matter. THanks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive) › RRL Jeans at Marshalls / TJMaxx