• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Uniqlo in New York

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that they carry the elusive Vintage Fit Chino?

ClassicGarnish

Reaction score
They do. I picked up a pair last week of what appeared to be the last size 30. Not sure when they're planning to restock. They had plenty of bigger sizes. Smaller sizes were hit or miss.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks! I might give them a call now, if I say Vintage fit chino will they know what I'm talking about? I'm going to guess on my size but I'm thinking a 29 or 30; I wear a 28 in APC NS.

ClassicGarnish

Reaction score
they should. just make sure the tag on the inside of the back waistband says 'vintage chino'.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with a helpful girl. They had a 30 in Beige and a 31 in Khaki, she said the Beige was like Khaki but lighter. I got both, not sure how the 31 might fit but I can always throw it on the market. I wonder how light the Beige is.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Coldsnap
Just got off the phone with a helpful girl. They had a 30 in Beige and a 31 in Khaki, she said the Beige was like Khaki but lighter. I got both, not sure how the 31 might fit but I can always throw it on the market. I wonder how light the Beige is.

one is like orange, one is true khaki. both great

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
one is like orange, one is true khaki. both great
is the beige the true khaki? their website doesn't seem to show any chinos =( i also called them earlier last week about their blazers, too bad they were on sale and out of smaller sizes.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Yes. They do. At least as of 2-3 weeks ago they did. A bunch of them if i recall in all 3 colors.

Hey, do you post on StyleForum?

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm xposting this with the ask a question thread...hope nobody minds:

Sorry to have a lot of questions, but I'm thinking of doing a pretty big phone order this week:
  • How skinny are the skinny-fit khakis? A description relative to APC cuts would be especially helpful. Not as skinny as the NC, right?
  • If I wear ~29 in APC's, what sizes should I get in skinny fit khakis and slim fit seersucker trousers?
  • How slim are the sweaters/cardigans? If I'm about a 36" chest are like my clothes fitted, should I go for an S or XS?
  • If I'm looking for an item that's available in the UK but sold out from the NYC store, is there any way to get it direct from Uniqlo, or must I proxy?

Thanks!
-wmmk

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
The T-000 skinny cut is definitely a skinny jean. Not a77 joey tight or something but they're skinny. I hear they run true to size and if you're between sizes a friend of mine went down. They stretch because they're 2% elastane or whatever.

I have no idea about the seersucker pants.

Uniqlo's normal clothes aren't really that slim. You'd be an XS is all their tops no doubt. I have a tshirt that's a size small and it fits alright, if not a bit boxy.

The only Uniqlo store in the US i know of the is NYC one and i don't think the UK one does US orders yet. If it's sold at at NYC you're out of luck but they restock.

I think people misunderstand uniqlo at times. They're not a skinny brand or something. Most their clothes fit like gap. They do have some items like the relatively new T-000 jeans that are skinny, the designer invitational stuff that still isn't as slim as some people think depnding on the piece. Most their tops are kinda boxy although some are semi-slim. They do make solid basics though if you're patient or have something specific you want to pick up.

That said, lemme know before you order because they have a 2 for $50 deal going on with the T-000s and i might be interested in paypalling you some if you were only going to get one T-000 jean. I am interested in these dark purplelish-blue ones. I kinda like some of the OC collab stuff but it's too much hassle to get the collab stuff since most sells out and/or gets resold

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads