or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Any other Edmontonians here?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Any other Edmontonians here? - Page 7

post #91 of 963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notreknip View Post
Really? Where have you heard that rumor? I am usually pretty optomistic about Saskatoon, but Harry Rosen would fail pretty miserably here I think.

PS - This thread rocks.

I was talking to a sales person in Winnipeg at who mentioned it. He said it would be a small (<5000 square feet). I can't see it going over but you never know.
post #92 of 963
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by minus View Post
I'd like to see Holt expand it's selection when this happens. Maybe I'll start shopping there again when they have something I want. I know, totally insane concept, right?

A new and bigger holts? Where is this going to be? Didn't they expand their menswear area just last year? (I'm not even sure if that counts as an expansion since they made way for a LV boutique, but I think the overall menswear area got slightly bigger.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notreknip View Post
PS - This thread rocks.

I didn't know all the prairie folk would jump on it like this. I thought this thread would have died after maybe 2 responses.
post #93 of 963
Fidel, you mentioned something about asking the MyTailor.com guy to swing our way on his yearly tour? I'd be willing to put in a request if you can tell me who to contact.
post #94 of 963
Quote:
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow View Post
A new and bigger holts? Where is this going to be? Didn't they expand their menswear area just last year?

If you're talking about the Calgary location they are moving in August. I was in the other day, and one of the SA's in the handbag department said it is going to be similar in size to the store on Bloor in Toronto. I believe they call them their "Flag Ship" stores. He said the handbag department alone will go from 1,100 sqft to over 11,000 sqft. Hopefully the menswear department will grow 10 fold, too.
post #95 of 963
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScarf7 View Post
If you're talking about the Calgary location they are moving in August. I was in the other day, and one of the SA's in the handbag department said it is going to be similar in size to the store on Bloor in Toronto. I believe they call them their "Flag Ship" stores. He said the handbag department alone will go from 1,100 sqft to over 11,000 sqft. Hopefully the menswear department will grow 10 fold, too.

Hopefully they do more than fill it with more-of-the-same (please, please, please don't just fill it with more-of-the-same)

From what I've read and heard from various people, Harry Rosen is moving in on the other end, with Brooks Brothers in the middle somewhere. With that level of competition all within one block of one another, I would expect that there'll be a much wider level of selection then any of us are used to.

Of course, I'm often wrong about these things.
post #96 of 963
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness View Post
Fidel, you mentioned something about asking the MyTailor.com guy to swing our way on his yearly tour? I'd be willing to put in a request if you can tell me who to contact.
I'm not sure who the correct person to contact is. When I placed my first order, I typed my CC# wrong, so they sent me an email saying to call their office in California to straighten it out. While I was on the line with the lady there, I asked her to pass along my request to the appropriate people. No idea if she actually did anything about it. Their website says this: "For Any Queries, feel free to Contact us at (Toll Free ): 1-800-466-7133" But being in Canada... I fear we might get the automated message saying "This number is not available in your calling area"
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScarf7 View Post
Finally, there are a number of shoes on sale for about $100 off. Some Allen Edmonds, Cole Haan, Hugo Boss for around $250 each. Sizes were limited. There was also a table of pants which seemed to be about half off.
What's the status of Ferragamo shoes? I want to get some black classic lace-ups from the Originale or Tramezza line if they're on sale. Did you see any or catch the prices? Their website is now saying an extra 25% off shoes. I might stop by tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScarf7 View Post
If you're talking about the Calgary location they are moving in August.
You crazy calgarians are muddying the waters of my Edmonton thread and confusing me...
post #97 of 963
Just thought I would gloat, but I got a plain pair of Originale line captoesfor 70 bucks in PHX last time I was there. I will be heading back for reading week and hope to score similar great deals (the same place sells AEs for 45, it is a Nordstrom returns/resale center, when they can not sell stuff as 100% new anymore).
post #98 of 963
Quote:
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow View Post
You crazy calgarians are muddying the waters of my Edmonton thread and confusing me...

are you FidelCashFlow on 2+2?
post #99 of 963
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEWSINATOR View Post
Just thought I would gloat, but I got a plain pair of Originale line captoesfor 70 bucks in PHX last time I was there. I will be heading back for reading week and hope to score similar great deals (the same place sells AEs for 45, it is a Nordstrom returns/resale center, when they can not sell stuff as 100% new anymore).

Wow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScarf7 View Post
are you FidelCashFlow on 2+2?

Nope. Is 2+2 a web board or something?
post #100 of 963
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEWSINATOR View Post
Just thought I would gloat, but I got a plain pair of Originale line captoesfor 70 bucks in PHX last time I was there. I will be heading back for reading week and hope to score similar great deals (the same place sells AEs for 45, it is a Nordstrom returns/resale center, when they can not sell stuff as 100% new anymore).
Unless you're offering to get us some, gtfo.
post #101 of 963
Quote:
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow View Post
Nope. Is 2+2 a web board or something?

Poker forum.
post #102 of 963
Just thought I would throw it out there. O'Connors in Calgary is having a fairly decent sale on shoes. a lot of Hugo Boss and AE for around $150-$200. I picked up a really nice pair of Morelli boots for $140. Great service as well.
post #103 of 963
Is this a new sale or the same one that was going on at the beginning of the month? I dropped in and was disappointed...
post #104 of 963
I'm not sure. I popped in yesterday after work (I havent been in O'Connors for about a year prior to this stop). That had three tables overflowing with shoes on sale. Basically, they were all marked either $149 or $199. I perused for a bit and saw several nice pairs of Hugo Boss, AE, some decent boots. It may be the same sale? Maybe they added more pairs of shoes to it? I am not sure.
post #105 of 963
Interestingly, trojanman74 sells AEs from the same place here. I am not sure how much he charges, but has a thread where you can be put on his radar as somebody wanting shoes.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Any other Edmontonians here?