or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Any other Edmontonians here?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Any other Edmontonians here? - Page 60

post #886 of 964
..
Edited by Radagast - 10/23/11 at 9:54am
post #887 of 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLocus View Post

What do you guys wear for getting around in the winter on city streets? I'm wondering how many years I could get out of a pair of Red Wings wearing them throughout our Winter/Spring.
Thinking about getting a 6" or 8" Moc Toe.
350
350

I can't say I, personally, like those boots at all to be honest but the right guy could pull them off I suppose.

I have two pairs of RW Gentleman Travellers; they do the trick for your average run around town day in the winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radagast View Post

Any recommendations for a cobbler in the city to resole a pair of Desert Boots with a Vibram Cristy sole?

Many of us have had great success dealing with Luigi at Expert Shoe Clinic near the Sutton Place Hotel. Try there first.
post #888 of 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLocus View Post

What do you guys wear for getting around in the winter on city streets? I'm wondering how many years I could get out of a pair of Red Wings wearing them throughout our Winter/Spring.
Thinking about getting a 6" or 8" Moc Toe.
350
350

What context are you asking about? What one wears depends on where you are going and what you are going to be doing there.
post #889 of 964
This thread lost all hope when everyone started to try and convince others that Century Grill is OMGSOAMAZINGANDGOOD

Hai guyz.
post #890 of 964
...and we're back! (Good to know you're not dead my friend.)

Seriously though, I think the SF forum change really did turn the lights out on this place.
post #891 of 964
I'm hardly ever here anymore. I said so from the very first day of the new forum...

It's not some self-fulfilling prophecy... just happened somehow frown.gif

We should have a meetup again some time soon though gentlemen.
post #892 of 964
I think the new forum is better than the old one, so it's kind of strange to see it less busy...
post #893 of 964
It might have something to do with my new found hobby - I've started shooting again and will be shooting IPSC matches very very soon biggrin.gif
post #894 of 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

It might have something to do with my new found hobby - I've started shooting again and will be shooting IPSC matches very very soon biggrin.gif

Very cool.

I wish I could convince myself to find time to shoot again - DSLRs that is.

This year is a really busy one for me. Starting a big business, writing a thesis, writing the last exam of my life - don't expect to see much of me on here either.
post #895 of 964
Well, I'm free for a drink sometime over the next two weeks. I'm travelling about 75% of the time right now, so it's been tough, but I could use a good scotch. PM me for a timeframe.
post #896 of 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notreknip View Post

Very cool.
I wish I could convince myself to find time to shoot again - DSLRs that is.
This year is a really busy one for me. Starting a big business, writing a thesis, writing the last exam of my life - don't expect to see much of me on here either.

Don't get me back into that hobby either. I left my D70 in HK, along with all my lenses.

I only seem to pick up expensive hobbies...
Quote:
Originally Posted by someotherstyle View Post

Well, I'm free for a drink sometime over the next two weeks. I'm travelling about 75% of the time right now, so it's been tough, but I could use a good scotch. PM me for a timeframe.

Traveling is good mate smile.gif Suggest a time that works for you and I'm sure we can sort something out!
post #897 of 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

It might have something to do with my new found hobby - I've started shooting again and will be shooting IPSC matches very very soon biggrin.gif

Which range do you frequent? I'm a member at Spruce Grove Gun Club. Just got my licence last December, but haven't managed to get out there much with life happening and all.
post #898 of 964
I'm a member at Phoenix since it's quite close to where I live. Drive 10 minutes down Whyte and I'm there. Expensive, but I go about 2 times a week, more when IPSC season starts.

I've wanted to go to Spruce, but it's just a little too far!
post #899 of 964
I didn't know shooting was a popular activity with the Edmontonian guys on here. I haven't been to the range in many years, and rarely bring it up with anyone in conversation. I find that Canadians are so ignorant when it comes to firearms it is a topic I avoid. People are either fiercely anti-gun or think their Rambo. I feel equally uncomfortable with both. I'll have to go back and check out Phoenix sometime; it's probably been 15 years or so since I've been there.
post #900 of 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by div25sec9 View Post

I didn't know shooting was a popular activity with the Edmontonian guys on here. I haven't been to the range in many years, and rarely bring it up with anyone in conversation. I find that Canadians are so ignorant when it comes to firearms it is a topic I avoid. People are either fiercely anti-gun or think their Rambo. I feel equally uncomfortable with both. I'll have to go back and check out Phoenix sometime; it's probably been 15 years or so since I've been there.

Agreed. A few too many of the guys who I've seen shooting at Phoenix are like that.

I just find that the crowd who shoot competitively or in a league are less like that. Safety is the top priority in IPSC/IDPA and your time at the matches will be short lived with the wrong attitude.

I understand the viewpoint of the Antis, but I think it just take someone who has a passion for firearms to take them to the range and show them how much fun it can be, without the "rambo" attitude ever needing to be present.

Maybe we can arrange a shooting meet-up!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Any other Edmontonians here?