or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Any other Edmontonians here?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Any other Edmontonians here? - Page 56

post #826 of 963
So apparently not the day for BB Milanos.
post #827 of 963
Quote:
American invasion continues at West Edmonton Mall: J. Crew, Target among new additions soon to open doors
By Bill Mah, edmontonjournal.com July 18, 2011

EDMONTON - U.S. fashion store J. Crew and American retail giant Target are among new shops headed to West Edmonton Mall, the shopping centre and tourist attraction announced Monday.

J. Crew announced in June it will open its first store outside the United States at Toronto’s Yorkdale Shopping Mall in August.

According to West Edmonton Mall, a J. Crew store opening in summer 2012 will be the only western Canadian location. The U.S. retailer was previously only available online in Canada.

Meanwhile, Target is bringing its discount chic wares to West Edmonton Mall in spring of 2013, the mall said in a release.

In May, Target Corp. announced the first five Zellers stores in the Edmonton region that it will turn into Targets starting in early 2013.

The fact North America’s biggest mall was not included had left one local retail analyst scratching his head.

Other new-to-Edmonton retailers coming to the mall include: 7 For All Mankind; Scotch and Soda; Oro Gold Cosmetics; Rockport; True Religion; Steve Madden; and La Maison Simons.

The mall also announced a stand-alone Bench store, a new-concept Disney Store and an expanded XXI Forever and recently opened Laptop Depot and FYidoctors.

Recent new-to-Edmonton stores opened at the mall include: A/X Armani Exchange; Tommy Bahama; Volcom; and Boathouse.


http://www.edmontonjournal.com/American+invasion+continues+West+Edmonton+Mall/5119840/story.html?cid=dlvr.it-twitter-edmontonjournal


nod[1].gif
post #828 of 963
I don't know what a J. Crew is....
post #829 of 963
I thought J. Crew was supposed to open this fall. Lame.
post #830 of 963
Open up a Brooks Brothers up here and I'll be excited.

Or an Allen Edmonds store.

Or Crockett & Jones.

Now I'm just dreaming.
post #831 of 963
Brooks Brothers is realistic. There are rumours swirling that City Centre is trying to clear out retail tenants in/around the old GAP location for a larger store to move in to that prime real-estate.

I'll be long gone from the city by the time any of this happens however.
post #832 of 963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notreknip View Post

I'll be long gone from the city by the time any of this happens however.


Noooooooooooo!
post #833 of 963
Hi guys, I've been a lurker for a while and for some reason only noticed this thread now. But hey better late then never! Edmonton may be a sartorial wasteland, but I still like it for the most part. I work just one block off Whyte so hit me up if you're in the area. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #834 of 963
Hey guys.

My wedding date has, in response to circumstances beyond my control, been moved from next summer, to this August. As such, I find myself in dire need of a few ties for myself and my groomsmen.

So my question is this: is there anywhere in town to buy a few nice wedding ties? You know, silver or grey Macclesfield print or stripe?

I was planning on making an order through Sam Hober, but that...well...won't be happening now.

I'm guessing Holt or Rosen is going to be my best (and maybe only) hope for something attractive, but if anyone thinks otherwise, by all means, help a guy out. biggrin.gif

Thanks.
post #835 of 963
Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post

Hey guys.

My wedding date has, in response to circumstances beyond my control, been moved from next summer, to this August. As such, I find myself in dire need of a few ties for myself and my groomsmen.

So my question is this: is there anywhere in town to buy a few nice wedding ties? You know, silver or grey Macclesfield print or stripe?

I was planning on making an order through Sam Hober, but that...well...won't be happening now.

I'm guessing Holt or Rosen is going to be my best (and maybe only) hope for something attractive, but if anyone thinks otherwise, by all means, help a guy out. biggrin.gif

Thanks.

I got mine through eBay. I had been searching locally for a long time, but found absolutely nothing. I'd honestly say B&S and eBay are your best bet.

Congrats on the wedding! smile.gif
post #836 of 963
Quote:
Originally Posted by gic102 View Post

Hi guys, I've been a lurker for a while and for some reason only noticed this thread now. But hey better late then never! Edmonton may be a sartorial wasteland, but I still like it for the most part. I work just one block off Whyte so hit me up if you're in the area. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Hello and welcome!

We seem to be very likely organizing a get together very soon, keep an eye out for it!

Glad to have you here!
post #837 of 963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post


I got mine through eBay. I had been searching locally for a long time, but found absolutely nothing. I'd honestly say B&S and eBay are your best bet.

Well, by "August" I mean "August 9". Unfortunately, I don't think there's anything non-local that will get here in time. Thanks though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Congrats on the wedding! smile.gif

Thanks!
post #838 of 963
Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post


Well, by "August" I mean "August 9". Unfortunately, I don't think there's anything non-local that will get here in time. Thanks though.




Thanks!

Hmm. That is rather tight indeed.

Try Eddie's on 104.

If all else fails, I have an Aquascutum white/grey wedding tie you could borrow nod[1].gif
post #839 of 963
Any E-town'ers here know of a good professional laundry place? I'm eying some nice shirts, but I dare not wash them myself nor take it to a place that uses wire hangers (everywhere I've seen!).....
post #840 of 963
Just heard about the thread from Unregistered and decided to get in on the action. Good to know there's a local chapter.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Any other Edmontonians here?