or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Any other Edmontonians here?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Any other Edmontonians here? - Page 8

post #106 of 963
How 'bout dem Oilers?! Haha, what a way to kick off the return from all-star break.
post #107 of 963
I love when the Oilers get beaten bloody like this. Sometimes I derive more pleasure from an Oilers loss then I do from a Flames win. This is one of those times.
post #108 of 963
Hey hey! Ho ho! Craig the Mac has got to go!

Edmonton is the only city in hockey that doesn't recognize why their team can't win.
post #109 of 963
Haha I'm glad I didn't go to the game tonight!
post #110 of 963
Quote:
Originally Posted by unjung View Post
Hey hey! Ho ho! Craig the Mac has got to go!

Edmonton is the only city in hockey that doesn't recognize why their team can't win.

Many people here feel the same way.

I guess the crowd chanted in some fashion, rooting for the Sabres to get to ten.
post #111 of 963
Thread Starter 
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if there's anywhere in Edmonton you can get a spit-shine on your shoes? Do any shoe repair places offer such a service? I'm attending a big ball next saturday (PM me if you know which one I'm talking about) and I would love to have my shoes with a shine like this I tried to do it myself, but I just made my shoes wet and dull.
post #112 of 963
I dont know about a place to get them done, but if you want I can give you some tips to a flawless military quality spit shine.
post #113 of 963
Fidel, you mentioned that John the Tailor does good work. What does he charge for basic alterations, e.g. hemming pants, darting shirts, waist suppression on jackets, etc.?
post #114 of 963
Another Edmontonian here. Thankfully not a Calgarian, haha. Just kidding, though I`m not a big fan of the Flames
post #115 of 963
Fidel, I have a ball coming up too, but not on the same night as yours. I do not know where in town you live, but if in the west end, there is a old timer in Callingwood that does repairs and such. Seems okay. I have got him to do a couple of small jobs, but no shining. It may be worth taking a look.
post #116 of 963
I'm new to SF, but I'm from Calgary as well. All I have to say about Edmonton (the city of memories) is laid out beautifully in this excellent song by our local sports radio station.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYN1nQXfnc4

Makes you wonder how anyone in that organization have jobs anymore.
post #117 of 963
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness View Post
Fidel, you mentioned that John the Tailor does good work.

What does he charge for basic alterations, e.g. hemming pants, darting shirts, waist suppression on jackets, etc.?

Since the boom in Alberta, I honestly don't know what's a fair price for a tailor anymore. I've found that you either pay a bit of a premium and go to a guy like John, or you roll the dice with someone who might drop the ball and make a mess of things. I think hemming is around $10 and darting around $20, but don't quote me on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEWSINATOR View Post
Fidel, I have a ball coming up too, but not on the same night as yours. I do not know where in town you live, but if in the west end, there is a old timer in Callingwood that does repairs and such. Seems okay. I have got him to do a couple of small jobs, but no shining. It may be worth taking a look.

Cool. I used to live near callingwood. Name of the place?
post #118 of 963
Not a clue what it is called. It is in the Callingwood shopping centre, in the breezeway.
post #119 of 963
Quote:
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow View Post
Since the boom in Alberta, I honestly don't know what's a fair price for a tailor anymore. I've found that you either pay a bit of a premium and go to a guy like John, or you roll the dice with someone who might drop the ball and make a mess of things. I think hemming is around $10 and darting around $20, but don't quote me on that.
No problem. I brought him a Hudson Room shirt to dart today, just to test his skills on something cheap. He seemed, in the words of the last Bond movie, 'horribly efficient.' I'll report back with prices on Thursday (I didn't bother to ask when I went in). If they're extravagant, I'll go elsewhere, but if they're reasonable -- and $20 for darting seems to be the average based on a few inquiries I've made -- I'll stick with him. I have a bunch of B&S loot on its way that needs to be altered and hemmed!
post #120 of 963
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Rover View Post
I'm new to SF, but I'm from Calgary as well. All I have to say about Edmonton (the city of memories) is laid out beautifully in this excellent song by our local sports radio station.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYN1nQXfnc4

Makes you wonder how anyone in that organization have jobs anymore.

Did you register just to post that stupid song? Surely Calgarians aren't that insecure.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Any other Edmontonians here?