or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Sperry Top-Sider Chukka
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sperry Top-Sider Chukka - Page 3

post #31 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post
that was jqbomb that posted, I did the same thing with the 12s. they are sitting at home, wish I had brought them I love them

Thanks. Fixed.

Also did you use any kind of protectant did you use on them? I sprayed a layer of "sealer" that was recommended by my cobbler. They just seem like they are and absolute magnet for dirt and stains.
post #32 of 152
nope. I like dirt and stains, gives them an authentic worn in look
post #33 of 152
I see. I'm not gonna buy into that philosophy with these. I have enough beat up boat shoes as it is. I'm sure they will both still look great.
post #34 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by coopster View Post
I see. I'm not gonna buy into that philosophy with these. I have enough beat up boat shoes as it is. I'm sure they will both still look great.

okay so i've done some research and it seems there are two chukka boots out there by sperry. one is the 4 eye chukka and the other is the blue point chukka. You can tell by looking at the soles. The 4 eye has a flatter sole, which in my opinion looks better, and less hiking boot ish.
post #35 of 152
the 4 eye is superior.. it's a slim profile, comes in better colors and just looks better. I think I'm going to be buying the black ones.
post #36 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post
the 4 eye is superior.. it's a slim profile, comes in better colors and just looks better. I think I'm going to be buying the black ones.

ill probably get the brown ones.
post #37 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post
the 4 eye is superior.. it's a slim profile, comes in better colors and just looks better. I think I'm going to be buying the black ones.

Superior looks yes. But its a trade off. I have both and they serve different purposes.

I was thinking about the black ones but then I saw the brown leather ones that jcrew is releasing this spring and I think I'm going to wait.
post #38 of 152
I just emailed FTGG if the sperry's are on sale but they are not. so anyone else know where to buy them?
post #39 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerFormula View Post
I just emailed FTGG if the sperry's are on sale but they are not. so anyone else know where to buy them?

Good luck with that. They are a very limited supply. In FTGGs most recent shipment they only got 1 pair in my size and I was lucky enough to get them.
post #40 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by coopster View Post
FTGG stands for "For The Greater Good" HereI guess they are a mens boutique in VA.



now I dont know what color I want.
post #41 of 152
there are also a handful of different sperry chukka's available now on yoox including 2 nice leather models. enjoy.
post #42 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBSLM View Post


now I dont know what color I want.

Do a search of "jqbomb" and his posts. He took a couple of pictures that absolutely sold me on the tan ones.
post #43 of 152
Well I just tried to kop the black and tan suedes from FTGG, but their number was not in service.
post #44 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by coopster View Post
Do a search of "jqbomb" and his posts. He took a couple of pictures that absolutely sold me on the tan ones.
his pics make the tan ones look very dope.
post #45 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBSLM View Post
i found the black ones cheaper elsewhere.

Congrats. Hope you enjoy them like I do.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Sperry Top-Sider Chukka