Updating my list, to keep me honest!
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Settle on a shirtmaker, an objective that has had me flummoxed for awhile.
7. Retire more clothes I wear rarely.
I will co-sign on these.
I will also add that this is the year I will finally find a pair of jeans that looks good on me (or rather, I will make an effort to relearn what "looking good" means when it comes to denim as opposed to tailored clothing). Where, when & how still escape me, but it needs to be done.
I also plan on buying fewer suits, ties and shoes and focus on other areas instead.
From 2008 I learnt that:
- I really have too many suits & not enough odd jackets & trousers. I have remedied the latter, more or less, over the past week or so. The jacket issue will require longer term projects.
- odd waistcoats/sweatervests/cardigans are really useful items.
- I need more patterned pocket squares and that I prefer the larger sized squares.
- have bought a pair of jeans that I'm happy with.
- have gone through my wardrobe and decided what I will be donating/selling (no suits/jackets, just a few little items)
- bought all the trousers I needed
Still to do:
- await shirts to be finished & order more if all OK
- get more odd waistcoats or similar layering items
- consider ordering a couple more odd jackets
- get more patterned pocket squares
- continue to resist buying suits
Progress, I think!