or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › How many Levis/Engineered Garment's 1947 501's are in existence?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How many Levis/Engineered Garment's 1947 501's are in existence?

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
I had heard about this jean and seen it in GQ, but hadnt planned on buying one till it landed in the Levis store i manage. now that i have it, i was wondering how rare theyll be? any idea?
post #2 of 16
I don't know if it was the 1947 501, but there was a Levis x EG model for sale around X-mas time on the levis website. It went quick though, I kinda regret not getting one. It was around $80 IIRC, down from $260ish.
post #3 of 16
Thread Starter 
yea, i almost missed my chance too, cause they were all sold out online by the time i decided to spend the money. then some silly guy (who must have bought them online), came and exchanged them in my store for a lesser LVC model. haha i gladly traded his levis/EG for the LVC's he wanted, and bought his old jeans for myself. i was gunna try not to wear them and maybe re-sell them after all the others sold out, but they were just too juicy to let sit. NONETHLESS, yes, the model you noticed online is the model im referring to. ive scoured the internet for hours and cant figure out how many could exist. oh well, the answer will come soon, im sure =/
post #4 of 16
what size are they?
post #5 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoot2thrill View Post
some silly guy (who must have bought them online), came and exchanged them in my store for a lesser LVC model. haha i gladly traded his levis/EG for the LVC's he wanted, and bought his old jeans for myself.

There are a few members here who prefer their LVC's to the levis/EG ones. From what I saw, there didn't appear to be anything special about the materials/construction of the latter, just black stitching and tacky branding on the inside of the cuff.
post #6 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoot2thrill View Post
yea, i almost missed my chance too, cause they were all sold out online by the time i decided to spend the money. then some silly guy (who must have bought them online), came and exchanged them in my store for a lesser LVC model. haha i gladly traded his levis/EG for the LVC's he wanted, and bought his old jeans for myself. i was gunna try not to wear them and maybe re-sell them after all the others sold out, but they were just too juicy to let sit. NONETHLESS, yes, the model you noticed online is the model im referring to. ive scoured the internet for hours and cant figure out how many could exist. oh well, the answer will come soon, im sure =/

So, you manage a Levi's store, and knowingly let a customer exchange his jeans for a lesser model, so you could buy them for yourself?
post #7 of 16
used to work for/at levis and to be honest levi's upper management hires a lot of people into the MGMT levels that makes you wonder.. now im not attacking the dude's character but this didn't surprise me one bit. And also, couldn't you just use the levi's db/system to do a stock check instead of asking here? Just my two cents, no hate
post #8 of 16
Thread Starter 
oh no i totally agree. ive got mad love for LVC myself...probably more so than all levi's other premium brands. Ive got some LVC orange tab 517's that are currently my fav every-day jean. the levis/EG model was just a really neat collab piece that crossed my path that i had to have.
post #9 of 16
Thread Starter 
i wasnt in the store when the exchange was made. i probably would have shared a little about the jean's history with him and tried to figure out why he was making the trade. idk tho... maybe he was just a connoisseur trying to complete a collection or something. nonetheless, the jean isnt even worth that much right now 'cause levis is slashing prices left and right. the levis/eg 501 is currently $114 retail. he traded for a (gorgeous)LVC 1947 501, which is retailing at just 79bux. when i began getting into denim (and im still VERY young in this), that was my fav jean. it's kinda sad to see the price skirt so low =/
post #10 of 16
Thread Starter 
haha yea, so i did get a good laugh off your advice. ill check up on that myself then, i guess.
post #11 of 16
Thread Starter 
waist(32), inseam(36)
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoot2thrill View Post
yea, i almost missed my chance too, cause they were all sold out online by the time i decided to spend the money. then some silly guy (who must have bought them online), came and exchanged them in my store for a lesser LVC model. haha i gladly traded his levis/EG for the LVC's he wanted, and bought his old jeans for myself. i was gunna try not to wear them and maybe re-sell them after all the others sold out, but they were just too juicy to let sit. NONETHLESS, yes, the model you noticed online is the model im referring to. ive scoured the internet for hours and cant figure out how many could exist. oh well, the answer will come soon, im sure =/

the EGxLVC are worse in every way than every other pair of genuine LVC jeans. 'too juicy to let sit', what a great marketing scam, this collab really paid off I see.
but I guess this is how the human mind works; limited and expensive => want.

the denim is flimsy and baked, will not fade well and will break easily. the red band looks terrible.
post #13 of 16
^I agree, and I'm a huge fan of the EG line. Denim was too lightweight and I hated the branding. Seems odd in a way seeing as Daiki has no other visible branding on any other piece he's created (to my knowledge)...
post #14 of 16
The answer to your question, is 42
post #15 of 16
If only the online Levi store sold the LVCs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoot2thrill View Post
i wasnt in the store when the exchange was made. i probably would have shared a little about the jean's history with him and tried to figure out why he was making the trade. idk tho... maybe he was just a connoisseur trying to complete a collection or something. nonetheless, the jean isnt even worth that much right now 'cause levis is slashing prices left and right. the levis/eg 501 is currently $114 retail. he traded for a (gorgeous)LVC 1947 501, which is retailing at just 79bux. when i began getting into denim (and im still VERY young in this), that was my fav jean. it's kinda sad to see the price skirt so low =/
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › How many Levis/Engineered Garment's 1947 501's are in existence?