or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Where do you wear your pants.. like where do you put the waist?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Where do you wear your pants.. like where do you put the waist?

post #1 of 28
Thread Starter 
I always wear my pants under my tummy like where the fat of the stomach rolls over and stops... top of the pelvis.
I guess that's why I have to get a really short length and then hem them even more after I buy them. Like usually I get 38x30 or 38x29 and get them tailored a little shorter so I don't trip on them.

My mom says you're supposed to wear it on your actual stomach/tummy.. like under the belly button.. That feels weird for me and look like I have a really small upper body.
post #2 of 28
I do the same thing.. I don't have a gut, but my pants end up falling down to that point on my pelvis unless I pull the belt really tight anyway. For a while I thought I had disproportionately short legs.
post #3 of 28
Unfortunately, modern apparel is made to be worn below the waist in an attempt to make the wearer look less fat. However, usually this makes it worse because now the gut is flopping over the waist line and there is nothing to keep the pants up. The proper fit of pants should be pretty high compared to what most guys are used to. I like mine to be regular rise, not high rise, or low rise. For me this means it fits an inch or so below the naval. And pants that are made to be worn high (either mid rise or low rise) will stay up. The problem of them falling down means that they were not made to be worn up. I have a pair of high-waisted pants and they fit relatively loosely yet, can stay up all day without a belt.
post #4 of 28
Thread Starter 
Luckily the bottom of my gut/tummy is perpendicular to my chest/pelvis surface... so it's not flopping over. I'm more wide and don't have a HUGE tummy.. I'm fat all over heh
post #5 of 28
Nothing worse visually than seeing trousers that were designed to be worn at the natural waist hanging down to the top of the ass. It looks awful. Some trousers have naturally low rises, and they look fine a few inches below the natural waist. However, if you are going to do this, please be sure the trousers you are wearing were designed to be worn low. Otherwise you look like the Radio Shack guy with the Louis Raphael wool blend dress pants hanging down to the top of the buttocks..
post #6 of 28
Jeeze, are you like 12 years old or something?

Who uses the term tummy? I outgrew that at the age of 8!

Grow up, lose some weight, and wear your pants at your true waist.
post #7 of 28
Pants?.. Usually on the lower half of my body.


post #8 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post
Nothing worse visually than seeing trousers that were designed to be worn at the natural waist hanging down to the top of the ass. It looks awful. Some trousers have naturally low rises, and they look fine a few inches below the natural waist. However, if you are going to do this, please be sure the trousers you are wearing were designed to be worn low. Otherwise you look like the Radio Shack guy with the Louis Raphael wool blend dress pants hanging down to the top of the buttocks..

I have no idea what a natural waist is, what low or mid or high rise means etc can yhou explain?

I have no way of telling how or what people are wearing...
post #9 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_44106 View Post
Jeeze, are you like 12 years old or something?

Who uses the term tummy? I outgrew that at the age of 8!

Grow up, lose some weight, and wear your pants at your true waist.

26

And like i said, if i wear my pants around my belly button it feels really weird and makes me look I have no upper body


and thanks for telling me to lose weight so I can be just like every other super skinny pancake tummy guy that looks like they're only 3" thick out there
post #10 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoakleyz View Post
26

And like i said, if i wear my pants around my belly button it feels really weird and makes me look I have no upper body


and thanks for telling me to lose weight so I can be just like every other super skinny pancake tummy guy that looks like they're only 3" thick out there

You love the word tummy don't you?
post #11 of 28
Thread Starter 
hey it's a word, it's appropiate
post #12 of 28
i wear my pants at the top of my ass i suppose. whatever the OP has his at basically. i always feel goofy if i wear it right below the belly button. though i mostly only wear jeans or khaki's while most of you older gents wear your don corleone suits and whatnot.
post #13 of 28
I wear my trousers so that the crotch of the trousers is at my crotch, where it's supposed to be, and let that determine where the waistband ends up. I have low-rise jeans that sit on my hips, and I've got a Polo RL suit with trousers that almost hug my lower ribs.


I sell clothing for a living, and nothing looks more ridiculous, IMO, than when a guy puts on a pair of trousers cut for the waist and belts them around his hips like jeans, so that there's three inches of fabric hanging down below his crotch.
post #14 of 28
The waistband seam should rest at or above your hip bone. Higher or lower than that is for style.
post #15 of 28
My trouser waistband sits at the highest point on my pelvis, about 1" below my navel.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Where do you wear your pants.. like where do you put the waist?