• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew S/S 09 Discussion

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I thought it was about time for this thread as J Crew is slowly putting up some of their S/S line (cashmere sweatshirt, some of the new jackets) and I'm actually really looking forward to picking some new stuff up.

A link to part of their lookbook/shots of new stuff: http://acontinuouslean.com/2008/11/1...ing-mens-2009/ (thanks robin)

Some stuff that I'm loving:

- grey sweatshirt
- dark grey unadorned basic trench
- Sperry chukkas

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing says "spring/summer" in my world like a trench coat.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
its a super lightweight trench coat that's probably waterproofed to some degree

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There are some new cotton/wool sweaters that are in stores right now that seem nice (and not like the cotton/cashmere ones).

Ritchee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the tie bar. Probably give that a try along with a knit tie.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
I also think those Chukkas are the Japanese Sperrys but with new J Crew only colors. I have some in light beige I love, and they look really similiar. Hopefully we actually see some slim shorts this time around.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
jcrew_spring_summer_2009_mordechai_.jpg
This does not look like the "cashmere sweatshirt" they have on their website already. If they release this fleece looking one, I will be all over it.

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mister freedom tshirt? anyone know more about this?

matsuya

Reaction score
Here are my stats: 5'8", 150lbs, 38" chest, 15.5 neck, 33" sleeve, 30" waist. A few people with almost exact same stats have said they are a small at JCrew. This is me in a medium tailored favorite polo (it has gone through the washer and dryer):
ilaaf5.jpg
29m3qx0.jpg
Don't know if I could go to a small, but if the fit is right does that mean I'm a medium for JCrew? Or do the tailored polos fit differently?

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
it will shrink in the wash. you are a general j crew medium. you could probably wear small in the sweaters/outerwear, some of the shirts

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you're probably a medium in almost everything. I'm 5'10, 160lbs, 38 chest and fit a medium in everything with the rare exception of a small every so often (usually outerwear).

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
I'm a medium and I'm 6'1 180 and a40 chest
frown.gif

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm 5'8 160ish, 38'' chest

I usually can wear Jcrew small.

matsuya

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
it will shrink in the wash. you are a general j crew medium. you could probably wear small in the sweaters/outerwear, some of the shirts

That's after putting in the washer on cold and low heat in the dryer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads