or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Cell phone jammer
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cell phone jammer

post #1 of 48
Thread Starter 
Anyone have one? I thought it'd be fun to buy one, but can't seem to find one that is small enough to carry everywhere.
post #2 of 48
Quote:
Anyone have one?  I thought it'd be fun to buy one, but can't seem to find one that is small enough to carry everywhere.
what is this?
post #3 of 48
A device which can break off/disturb an on going call of a person close to you who´s talking to someone with his phone..more or less.. They´re illegal, I suppose.
post #4 of 48
Quote:
A device which can break off/disturb an on going call of a person close to you who´s talking to someone with his phone..more or less.. They´re illegal, I suppose.
I'd be very pissed off if someone was jamming a call of mine.
post #5 of 48
That´s the catch, isn´t it? Hehe.. I don´t really support them either.
post #6 of 48
Short article about jammers I googled. I can see how cell phone proliferation can be annoying, especially given the poor etiquette of so many users, but this kind of behavior on the part of jammer users sounds like a royally obnoxious thing to do. I wonder how long it will be before some moron screws up, disrupts a 911 or other emergency call, causes some real damage, and gets nailed to the wall for it.
post #7 of 48
Quote:
Short article about jammers I googled. I can see how cell phone proliferation can be annoying, especially given the poor etiquette of so many users, but this kind of behavior on the part of jammer users sounds like a royally obnoxious thing to do. I wonder how long it will be before some moron screws up, disrupts a 911 or other emergency call, causes some real damage, and gets nailed to the wall for it.
Or you can tell the person to keep it down... Jon.
post #8 of 48
Quote:
Anyone have one? I thought it'd be fun to buy one, but can't seem to find one that is small enough to carry everywhere.
You jam my cell phone; I break your jammer, capisce? Jon.
post #9 of 48
Thread Starter 
Well -- when I find one small enough, that doesn't take up a lot of room -- something smaller than a packet of cigs., I'll get it. As far as I know, they don't block emergency signals like doctors' beepers, and whatnot. Once purchased, I think I'll just keep the bugger on 24/7. what I object to is some a$$hole talking loudly in a coffee shop or restaurant. There's a no talking loudly or on the phone rule at my club, so that's fine, but out in public it's another story. Anyway, Imagewis fear not my presence in Florida. I'd avoid that area like the plague. But should we ever have to duel, rest assured I'm ready. Pip pip, H.
post #10 of 48
I certainly hope that your jammer doesn't block the emergency cell phone calls if some poor guy outside your coffee shop or restaurant is having a heart attack. Cell phones may be an inconvenience for you, but your reason for using a jammer seems terribly selfish.
post #11 of 48
Don't get pissed, get even.  I advise the cell-phone jammer blocker.  Nobody's jamming any of my calls, no sir.  That is, unless they have the jammer blocker basher.  
post #12 of 48
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Don't get pissed, get even.  I advise the cell-phone jammer blocker.  Nobody's jamming any of my calls, no sir.  That is, unless they have the jammer blocker basher.    
. And so it goes. Just when I thought I'd found some anti-technology technology to counter technology.
post #13 of 48
Thread Starter 
Quote:
I certainly hope that your jammer doesn't block the emergency cell phone calls if some poor guy outside your coffee shop or restaurant is having a heart attack.  Cell phones may be an inconvenience for you, but your reason for using a jammer seems terribly selfish.
Well, I certainly hope that he has money in his wallet to pay his doc's bill. Apparently one can set the radius on this gizmo. And believe it or not, there was life (and death) before the cell phone, and so it shall be afterward.
post #14 of 48
1. these things don't let through emergency calls and cut off other calls, they block all calls 2. the radious is a function of power, which then becomes a function of size and cost 3. the victems don't know where it comes from - basically you just don't have service, so as long as the user has a poker face, he can avoid conflict. not a very nice toy.
post #15 of 48
The other extremely annoying thing is the passive aggressive nature of it all. If it bothers you that much, suck it up and get the balls to tell someone to quiet down. Believe it or not, it actually works most of the time.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Cell phone jammer