or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ralph Lauren lines, and 'who makes what' - a definitive guide
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ralph Lauren lines, and 'who makes what' - a definitive guide - Page 42

post #616 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyblitz View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr monty View Post

Aurora can't compare to Woodbury. Woodbury has more of the high end stuff. Woodbury is always having some type of markdowns.

You are only 12 hours away sneaky2.gif
I might just run there.

Well. In that case it's not too far.
post #617 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobleprofessor View Post
 

I searched through this and didn't find an answer.  Although I admit, I didn't read every page.  

 

I'm just trying to figure out who made these.  I'm deciding between listing them or keeping them

 

.  

 

I"m bumping this because I never did figure out an answer and I have second pair of shoes that I am trying to figure out the maker. 

 

 

 

 

post #618 of 665
Sesto Meucci? They made RL Italy items in the past.

Doesn't look like the Sasseti shoes that are made for Purple label.
post #619 of 665
For those looking at the Anthony. I have the RLBL anthony sharkskin suit and navy blazer with silver buttons. The blazer is trimmer. Almost feels like a 41 vs 42 in the suit. Hope this helps
post #620 of 665
...not that any of Styleforum's addicted long-time readers need any assurance, but this auction's photos show prototype Ralph Lauren shoes with the factory's original sample stickers. The Italian maker is Silvano Sassetti.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PROTOTYPE-2015-Ralph-Lauren-Purple-Label-Suede-Chukka-Boot-Shoe-9-Sassetti-NEW-/381551794060?hash=item58d642578c:g:i64AAOSwu4BVyS96

$_57.JPG
post #621 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

Sesto Meucci? They made RL Italy items in the past.

Doesn't look like the Sasseti shoes that are made for Purple label.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRaivio View Post

...not that any of Styleforum's addicted long-time readers need any assurance, but this auction's photos show prototype Ralph Lauren shoes with the factory's original sample stickers. The Italian maker is Silvano Sassetti.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PROTOTYPE-2015-Ralph-Lauren-Purple-Label-Suede-Chukka-Boot-Shoe-9-Sassetti-NEW-/381551794060?hash=item58d642578c:g:i64AAOSwu4BVyS96

$_57.JPG

 

Who are the possible makers of Ralph Lauren shoes made in Italy?  I am trying to list the pair I have and I would like to provide the buyer with names of who COULD have made them.  

 

It looks like Sesto Meucci, Silvano Sassetti and ? 

post #622 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobleprofessor View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

Sesto Meucci? They made RL Italy items in the past.

Doesn't look like the Sasseti shoes that are made for Purple label.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRaivio View Post

...not that any of Styleforum's addicted long-time readers need any assurance, but this auction's photos show prototype Ralph Lauren shoes with the factory's original sample stickers. The Italian maker is Silvano Sassetti.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PROTOTYPE-2015-Ralph-Lauren-Purple-Label-Suede-Chukka-Boot-Shoe-9-Sassetti-NEW-/381551794060?hash=item58d642578c:g:i64AAOSwu4BVyS96

$_57.JPG

 

Who are the possible makers of Ralph Lauren shoes made in Italy?  I am trying to list the pair I have and I would like to provide the buyer with names of who COULD have made them.  

 

It looks like Sesto Meucci, Silvano Sassetti and ? 


The name listed after "FACTORY" might be an indication or a hint.

post #623 of 665

Can anyone please disprove this awful shirt? The owner claims that it's from a rare release from the Purple label... 

 

 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFKhkaOCPDM/?taken-by=t.j.glendinning

post #624 of 665
Interesting first post.

The Instagrammer also claims to be #sexy. Are we invited to disprove that, as well?

0b4.jpg
post #625 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimelesStyle View Post

I once read that the Polo outlets started refusing to stock BL and PL merchandise. The reason was that these were the most-stolen items and because the outlets run on their own P&L (perhaps even as a completely separate, wholly owned subsidiary) carrying the merchandise was actually negatively impacting the bottom line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimelesStyle View Post

I once read that the Polo outlets started refusing to stock BL and PL merchandise. The reason was that these were the most-stolen items and because the outlets run on their own P&L (perhaps even as a completely separate, wholly owned subsidiary) carrying the merchandise was actually negatively impacting the bottom line.

Other than woodbury, the outlets in the past rarely carried PL. They never had enough for anyone to steal:puzzled:
post #626 of 665
Is the Woodbury store the one called "Ralph Lauren"? They have the factory store and big and tall store there as well. I live like 30,minutes away but never have gone to the Ralph Lauren one because I thought that was the title of their women's high-end line. Have I been missing out? There was a RLPL and RLBL store right near their factory store a year or so ago, but it's gone.
post #627 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmm722 View Post

Is the Woodbury store the one called "Ralph Lauren"? They have the factory store and big and tall store there as well. I live like 30,minutes away but never have gone to the Ralph Lauren one because I thought that was the title of their women's high-end line. Have I been missing out? There was a RLPL and RLBL store right near their factory store a year or so ago, but it's gone.

You've definitely been missing out.

I posted a few years ago about my visit there. RLPL dress shirts marked down from $500 to $29.99 (got two - in hindsight, should have cleaned them out).

94% off!
post #628 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

You've definitely been missing out.

I posted a few years ago about my visit there. RLPL dress shirts marked down from $500 to $29.99 (got two - in hindsight, should have cleaned them out).

94% off!
so it's the store called "Ralph Lauren" near all the other high end stores (Tom Ford, Loro Piana, etc.) I shall check it out this weekend if that's the case.
post #629 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymac View Post
 

Can anyone please disprove this awful shirt? The owner claims that it's from a rare release from the Purple label... 

 

 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFKhkaOCPDM/?taken-by=t.j.glendinning

why do you think it isnt purple label? they make shirts like this one.

 

Did he steal your gf away? seems a bit of a weird request


Edited by edwardh123 - 5/22/16 at 7:18pm
post #630 of 665


Does anyone recognize this RL emblem? I have a pair of men's white jeans with this on the front picket and back waist band and cannot find any information. Thanks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ralph Lauren lines, and 'who makes what' - a definitive guide