or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ralph Lauren lines, and 'who makes what' - a definitive guide
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ralph Lauren lines, and 'who makes what' - a definitive guide - Page 37

post #541 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexSF View Post

They are made by Alfred Sargent

Thanks. Are they still available anywhere? They look really nice.
post #542 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post

Thanks. Are they still available anywhere? They look really nice.

They are pretty old.
AS made shoes for Polo in the early 2000.
post #543 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmanf51 View Post

Black label will merge into PL but remain at its entry level luxury price. Some BL styles will actually be sent to polo, much of the dark herringbone sport coats this season from polo are more of a BL cut. The Anthony and those suits will be the new entry level suits to PL. The goal is to create an easier line-up for customers, PL is the luxury Line vs Polo the main line. BL in the last few years was more or less lost in the shuffle so it will help consolidate them.

That's what my SA said as well, but I find that logic questionable, Px point is too far apart with the new Purple label given the addition of Black label. I would like to have black lable cut (nigel/daniel) on more purple label kind of fabric though (more windowspane, less monotonic dark color...)
post #544 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post

That's what my SA said as well, but I find that logic questionable, Px point is too far apart with the new Purple label given the addition of Black label. I would like to have black lable cut (nigel/daniel) on more purple label kind of fabric though (more windowspane, less monotonic dark color...)

It looks like Cantarelli is making purple label pieces again (for some SCs anyways).
post #545 of 665

I searched through this and didn't find an answer.  Although I admit, I didn't read every page.  

 

I'm just trying to figure out who made these.  I'm deciding between listing them or keeping them

 

.  

post #546 of 665
If I have a made in England pair of polo shoes is the size written inside a UK size?
post #547 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesmkeart View Post

If I have a made in England pair of polo shoes is the size written inside a UK size?

I imagine it would depend on where you are? US are in US sizes, UK are in UK, etc. Quite clever really.
post #548 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post

I imagine it would depend on where you are? US are in US sizes, UK are in UK, etc. Quite clever really.
Yeah, well there's differing opinions on the matter from people on these forums, so maybe you're not so clever.
post #549 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesmkeart View Post

Yeah, well there's differing opinions on the matter from people on these forums, so maybe you're not so clever.

Touché.
post #550 of 665
Some people definitely agree with you, but others have told me since they're bench made in England and the size is hand written there's a good chance it's a UK size. I guess I'll just say U.S.and accept returns on them.
post #551 of 665
In my experience (all Marlow line) I've gone TTS. I have flat but slightly wide feet, don't know if that matters.
post #552 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitedDx View Post

Unlined suede chukkas with a crepe sole:

Untitled

I'm guessing C&J. Did RL procure other shoemakers (besides EG and G&G as these are obviously not theirs)?

Untitled


I got in touch with Richard the Shoehealer about the possibility of Mr. Alfred recreating these desert chukka boots. He contacted them, and although it's not a style they currently offer, they would indeed be willing to do it as a GMTO. If anyone is interested, I'm proposing we simply recreate it thusly:

Alfred Sargent for Ralph Lauren
Style name: Holburn
Unlined suede (either snuff or mid-brown)
Natural crepe sole
Antique storm welt

Price would be approx. £340 inc. VAT, or £283 exc. VAT ($429). Shipping included.

Richard would pick up some of the orders, we would likely need 6 (me + 5 others) to get it going.

PM me with questions.
post #553 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesmkeart View Post

Some people definitely agree with you, but others have told me since they're bench made in England and the size is hand written there's a good chance it's a UK size. I guess I'll just say U.S.and accept returns on them.

The ones made for US are marked on US size, if you go to the mansion equivalent in London you can find the same shoe on UK sizing. The main difference is the ones end up in US (English made ones wise) tend to be UK D (narrow) as suppose to oversea (Asia and Europe) which tends to be UK E (normal).
post #554 of 665
The Italian ones (at least the ones for purple label) have same width between US and non-US market, that's as far as I can tell just base on try on in NYC, London etc.
post #555 of 665
RL shoes are always and only us sized.
The only difference is that standard widht for USA market is US D, outside america standard width is US E.

It is the same for every maker, american english or italian, always us sized
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ralph Lauren lines, and 'who makes what' - a definitive guide