Cheaney makes some RL shoes as well, but don't know if those fit the bill.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 2:34 pm in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- 04/20 - All Sold Last post on 4/19/11 at 9:46am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- A Beginner's Guide to MC. Look here once before posting. Last post on 3/18/11 at 11:50am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Ralph Lauren lines, and 'who makes what' - a definitive guide - Page 35post #512 of 6658/1/15 at 9:20ampost #513 of 6658/17/15 at 9:14pmQuote:
I stumbled across these old C&J markings (a pair of beat-up Merton loafers) which look somewhat similar, so there's a chance the above might be C&J (I know I speculated the opposite in the past, haha). Are your chukkas very old stock?
Edit: haven't been on SF much, so my apologies if the mystery has already been solved on some other thread :)post #514 of 6658/19/15 at 5:40amQuote:Originally Posted by othertravel
That's Cantarelli. They also own St. Andrews.
RLPL had a stint with them some years ago IIRC, at least I've seen a bunch of older RLPL jackets with the same Cantarelli tags. I think they came right after Chester Barrie, but before St. Andrews.post #515 of 6658/26/15 at 12:46pmpost #516 of 6658/26/15 at 4:03pmpost #517 of 66510/4/15 at 11:05pmpost #518 of 66510/5/15 at 12:58pm
Yes, I noticed the same thing as well while purchasing RLPL pants (eaton fit) - they too were made in Romania. Some items are made in Romania. However, business attire (suits, ties, dress shirts, etc) are still made in Italy. I can't speak to the specific reason for that, but you have to keep in mind a few stylized facts:
(1) (Fact:) Corneliani (which makes Polo) opened a factory in Slovenia and moved production of its Polo suits/sport coats from Italy to there. This has brought prices down from +$1,000 to the $850 - $1,000 range for sport coats. (Speculation:) This is to make the brand more 'accessible' to consumers. So to answer your question directly, it might still be Sant'Andrea but in a factory based in Romania.
(2) (Fact:) In the same spirit, RLPL and RLBL are consolidating soon, and RLBL will completely be atomized after that (i.e. no more RLBL). You will begin to see telltale signs of this merger. (Speculation:) For example, "made in Romania" on some items instead of Italy, and some classics will be half-canvased (e.g. the Kent model for sport coats in RLPL). (Fact:) You will also see a lower entry level price for some suits (e.g. $2,995 entry point for suits as opposed to +$3,995 entry).
(3) (Fact:) Ralph Lauren is stepping down as CEO and has chosen the former president of Old Navy (Stefan Larsson) to be his replacement. (Speculation:) expect further brand/quality dilution.
- Ralph Lauren store representatives
- NY Timespost #519 of 66510/6/15 at 9:57ampost #520 of 66510/16/15 at 5:18ampost #521 of 66510/16/15 at 5:21ampost #522 of 66510/16/15 at 5:32am
Here's the link to the suit I bought. Wearing it for the first time today. Switched out the buttons for dark Navy blue.post #523 of 66510/16/15 at 6:50ampost #524 of 66510/16/15 at 7:22am
Thanks but the RLPL doesn't have the tell-tale manufacturer's label. It has a purple tag saying it was made for RL. See the pic on the link I posted. I have other St. Andrew's and Caruso garments with their factory labels inside and know what they look like.
I have a Burberry London made in Italy that also has a Burberry label inside and no manufacturer's tag either.post #525 of 66510/16/15 at 9:09am
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › 8.5D - Brand New Alden Color 8 Long Wing Blucher - Shipped Worldwide 1 minute ago
- › 9D - Alden Color 8 Shell Cordovan Indy Boots - Shipped Worldwide 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › 8.5D - Alden for Epaulet Color 8 Shell Cordovan Alt Wein - Shipped... 9 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 10 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 10 minutes ago
- › STYLEFORUM GIVES 2016 - OUR ANNUAL HOLIDAY CHARITY AUCTIONS FOR THE... 10 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 10 minutes ago
- › 9D - Alden for Tassels Color 8 Shell Cordovan V-Tip Blucher -... 13 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 21 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...