Also the Polo IV, which has a ticket pocket. The "Hacking" has the same button stance, and I think there's a similar peak lapel model.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 3:00 pm in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- 04/20 - All Sold Last post on 4/19/11 at 9:46am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- A Beginner's Guide to MC. Look here once before posting. Last post on 3/18/11 at 11:50am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- 6 Hats for Spring and SummerLast edited: 5/10/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ralph Lauren lines, and 'who makes what' - a definitive guide - Page 21post #301 of 5043/25/13 at 8:52pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #302 of 5043/26/13 at 8:15ampost #303 of 5044/12/13 at 7:48pm
Hey, this looks like the thread for me! Just idle curiosity really, as I'm happy with the jacket no matter the backstory, but I just bought an RL item that seems rather hard to pin down. It's a dark blue sport coat in a 62% silk / 38% linen blend, with white plastic buttons. It's semi-lined and a very light, open weave - clearly a summer item. It came from the menswear department of a reputable department store (The Bay), so it shouldn't be a knock-off. It only cost $350 and it's made in China, so it's pretty obviously not one of the prestige labels. But I can't figure out what the hell it is, and it's not on the RL website anywhere I can find.
The label is pretty simple, white serif font on black label, reads:
and that's it. It's not Polo, it's not black label, it doesn't look like it's "Lauren by Ralph Lauren" mentioned on the front page. The RL website does show a "Lauren Ralph Lauren" label, but exclusively for women. This definitely isn't a woman's jacket. So what the hell is it? :) Thanks!post #304 of 5044/12/13 at 8:26pm^^ It is indeed Lauren by Ralph Lauren, the low-end line. Found at Ralph Lauren outlets, Sears, and similar stores (http://www.sears.com/ralph-lauren-men-s-single-breasted-2-button-navy/p-0000000000000002190206319866228403843351P?prdNo=2&blockNo=2&blockType=G2).post #305 of 5044/12/13 at 8:36pmpost #306 of 5044/21/13 at 8:16am
So on the subject of low end lines, or hopefully not. I found this shirt last week, looking on eBay, the other shirts labeled "BLAIRE" are all the standard cotton, selling for $0.99. This one is wool, the label looks different, and the shirt feels way awesome, it had no tags on it, but the fabric was perfect, crisp, no way it has been worn. It's way too big for me and I intend to sell it, but I would like to know the best way to get this item to rise above the chaff. Which brings me to another point, this thing wears like a tent on me, but it's labelled "L" how do you market stuff that wears much larger/smaller than labelled? Any strategy?
Seriously washed out by the flash, that embroidered logo is bigger than normal too. I'll have to re-take this before I try to put on ebay.post #307 of 5044/21/13 at 9:25ampost #308 of 5044/21/13 at 1:46pmpost #309 of 5044/21/13 at 7:11pmpost #310 of 5044/21/13 at 8:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by othertravel
New RLBL suit model; "The Austin"
Anybody have any details about it? How is it different from the Anthony?
I've tried the new "Austin" model at the Mansion about 3 weeks ago. Same roping as the Anthony but generally slimmer all around. Shorter, as well. The pants are slimmer too and are more tapered than the Anthony.post #311 of 5044/22/13 at 2:18amQuote:
So they have the same "rigidness" of the shoulder as the Anthony? It is not like the soft natural shoulders of the Daniel sports coat?post #312 of 5044/22/13 at 9:32pmpost #313 of 5044/23/13 at 6:52ampost #314 of 5044/23/13 at 2:16pm
- Ralph Lauren lines, and 'who makes what' - a definitive guide
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUN... 4 minutes ago
- › Ludwig Reiter Norweiger Blucher size 9.5 D (US) in Sandwood color 7 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 7 minutes ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Public School Braeburn Sneaker Size 9 13 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 13 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 15 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Yanko Split Toe Blucher size 9 M (US) in Brown 19 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 21 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...