Also the Polo IV, which has a ticket pocket. The "Hacking" has the same button stance, and I think there's a similar peak lapel model.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- 04/20 - All Sold Last post on 4/19/11 at 9:46am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- A Beginner's Guide to MC. Look here once before posting. Last post on 3/18/11 at 11:50am in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ralph Lauren lines, and 'who makes what' - a definitive guide - Page 21post #301 of 4503/25/13 at 8:52pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #302 of 4503/26/13 at 8:15ampost #303 of 4504/12/13 at 7:48pm
Hey, this looks like the thread for me! Just idle curiosity really, as I'm happy with the jacket no matter the backstory, but I just bought an RL item that seems rather hard to pin down. It's a dark blue sport coat in a 62% silk / 38% linen blend, with white plastic buttons. It's semi-lined and a very light, open weave - clearly a summer item. It came from the menswear department of a reputable department store (The Bay), so it shouldn't be a knock-off. It only cost $350 and it's made in China, so it's pretty obviously not one of the prestige labels. But I can't figure out what the hell it is, and it's not on the RL website anywhere I can find.
The label is pretty simple, white serif font on black label, reads:
and that's it. It's not Polo, it's not black label, it doesn't look like it's "Lauren by Ralph Lauren" mentioned on the front page. The RL website does show a "Lauren Ralph Lauren" label, but exclusively for women. This definitely isn't a woman's jacket. So what the hell is it? :) Thanks!post #304 of 4504/12/13 at 8:26pm^^ It is indeed Lauren by Ralph Lauren, the low-end line. Found at Ralph Lauren outlets, Sears, and similar stores (http://www.sears.com/ralph-lauren-men-s-single-breasted-2-button-navy/p-0000000000000002190206319866228403843351P?prdNo=2&blockNo=2&blockType=G2).post #305 of 4504/12/13 at 8:36pmpost #306 of 4504/21/13 at 8:16am
So on the subject of low end lines, or hopefully not. I found this shirt last week, looking on eBay, the other shirts labeled "BLAIRE" are all the standard cotton, selling for $0.99. This one is wool, the label looks different, and the shirt feels way awesome, it had no tags on it, but the fabric was perfect, crisp, no way it has been worn. It's way too big for me and I intend to sell it, but I would like to know the best way to get this item to rise above the chaff. Which brings me to another point, this thing wears like a tent on me, but it's labelled "L" how do you market stuff that wears much larger/smaller than labelled? Any strategy?
Seriously washed out by the flash, that embroidered logo is bigger than normal too. I'll have to re-take this before I try to put on ebay.post #307 of 4504/21/13 at 9:25ampost #308 of 4504/21/13 at 1:46pmpost #309 of 4504/21/13 at 7:11pmpost #310 of 4504/21/13 at 8:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by othertravel
New RLBL suit model; "The Austin"
Anybody have any details about it? How is it different from the Anthony?
I've tried the new "Austin" model at the Mansion about 3 weeks ago. Same roping as the Anthony but generally slimmer all around. Shorter, as well. The pants are slimmer too and are more tapered than the Anthony.post #311 of 4504/22/13 at 2:18amQuote:
So they have the same "rigidness" of the shoulder as the Anthony? It is not like the soft natural shoulders of the Daniel sports coat?post #312 of 4504/22/13 at 9:32pmpost #313 of 4504/23/13 at 6:52ampost #314 of 4504/23/13 at 2:16pm
- Ralph Lauren lines, and 'who makes what' - a definitive guide
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › So long, A Suitable Wardrobe... 4 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 4 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 7 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 8 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...