Does anyone have any feedback on the blue label Garrison fit? Who makes it, and also how the cut compares to other blue label blazers/sport coats?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- 04/20 - All Sold Last post on 4/19/11 at 9:46am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- A Beginner's Guide to MC. Look here once before posting. Last post on 3/18/11 at 11:50am in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Cedarville Store
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
Ralph Lauren lines, and 'who makes what' - a definitive guide - Page 20
While I have only a limited experience with the Garrison, the fit is really slim and the armholes are quite high. I can't compare it to anything from Blue Label, but the fit is closer to RLBL without the shoulder roping. Additionally, depending on your height, the gorge could be an issue for me; when I tried it on, the gorge made me feel stupid and I'm fairly tall (6'4", 1.95 M). The quality is top notch though, and IIRC, fully canvased and made by Corneliani.
Lastly, I was surprised at how big the lapels really are...they're Tom Ford big.
Garrison models fit trim in the waist, have large 4" lapels and largely are 2 button models with side vents. They have more shoulder padding than the Polo I-IV models and higher armholes. The skirts flare out a bit more also. They generally come with flat front pants without belt loops and with side adjusters.
Ralph Lauren Made to Measure Coordinator at Madison Ave. His response also said that the silhouette for RLBL would remain the same as the factory would be "following their specs". Not sure if we can expect variance in the cut regardless of this but I plan on doing MTM soon and am happy to report (my experience, just one data poiny) back once I do assuming I don't find any reason to not go forward.
I have a Garrison fit suit in 36R. The fit is not slim at all. I swim inside the jacket. Also the jacket is quite long - I am 5'9" and the jacket is way too long for me. Its sitting in my closet for last 12 months. I need to do some major alteration before I can wear it. Its funny how 2 posters above said slim fit. In fact its far from it.
We're likely differently proportioned than you. It's far from the slimmest fitting suit that I've tried, but swimming, at least for me, is pure hyperbole.
I have two unique Ralph Lauren items that don't fit neatly into any of the lines I'm familiar with.
One is the tie below, which is a Polo tie, but which has a Purple Label-esque label, and is made in USA from Italian cotton.
The other is the camel hair sport coat below which is very high quality construction, and which has a label that looks exactly like Purple Label, but the label is a deep royal blue, and the jacket is made in USA.
What's the deal with these items?
- Ralph Lauren lines, and 'who makes what' - a definitive guide
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 1 minute ago
- › RRL Pants 32x 34 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 2 minutes ago
- › The UK/EU tie swap box rises from the Ashes - Reborn Stateside 2 minutes ago
- › Grey Original Gloverall Duffle 512 sz 36 3 minutes ago
- › Where to shop/where to dine in Finland and Estonia? 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 5 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Isaia Coral Lapel Pin by carre567
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › Momotaro 702 (15.7 oz, Deep Indigo) by El Argentino
- › J. Crew Ludlow by collin9338
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Wedding shoes - How do you decide? by hollypowell
- › Cannes Film Festival Trend - Sunglasses by hollypowell
- › David Beckham - Style Icon by hollypowell
- › Style Icon - Brian Trunzo by hollypowell
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw