Does anyone have any feedback on the blue label Garrison fit? Who makes it, and also how the cut compares to other blue label blazers/sport coats?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on 3/26/15 at 5:35pm in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- 04/20 - All Sold Last post on 4/19/11 at 9:46am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- A Beginner's Guide to MC. Look here once before posting. Last post on 3/18/11 at 11:50am in Classic Menswear
What it Means to be Made in Italy
Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: February 2015Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Pleasures and Perils of the Long CoatLast edited: 1/12/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ralph Lauren lines, and 'who makes what' - a definitive guide - Page 20post #286 of 4692/3/13 at 8:48am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #287 of 4692/3/13 at 6:05pmpost #288 of 4692/4/13 at 1:15amQuote:
While I have only a limited experience with the Garrison, the fit is really slim and the armholes are quite high. I can't compare it to anything from Blue Label, but the fit is closer to RLBL without the shoulder roping. Additionally, depending on your height, the gorge could be an issue for me; when I tried it on, the gorge made me feel stupid and I'm fairly tall (6'4", 1.95 M). The quality is top notch though, and IIRC, fully canvased and made by Corneliani.
Lastly, I was surprised at how big the lapels really are...they're Tom Ford big.post #289 of 4692/4/13 at 9:50amQuote:
Garrison models fit trim in the waist, have large 4" lapels and largely are 2 button models with side vents. They have more shoulder padding than the Polo I-IV models and higher armholes. The skirts flare out a bit more also. They generally come with flat front pants without belt loops and with side adjusters.post #290 of 4692/4/13 at 12:54pmI have a Garrison fit suit in 36R. The fit is not slim at all. I swim inside the jacket. Also the jacket is quite long - I am 5'9" and the jacket is way too long for me. Its sitting in my closet for last 12 months. I need to do some major alteration before I can wear it. Its funny how 2 posters above said slim fit. In fact its far from it.post #291 of 4692/4/13 at 3:38pmConfirmed by the SA that I think is best and highly recommend, Kelly Browning, who fwded me the response of Travis J. Blankenship the
Ralph Lauren Made to Measure Coordinator at Madison Ave. His response also said that the silhouette for RLBL would remain the same as the factory would be "following their specs". Not sure if we can expect variance in the cut regardless of this but I plan on doing MTM soon and am happy to report (my experience, just one data poiny) back once I do assuming I don't find any reason to not go forward.post #292 of 4692/5/13 at 3:17amQuote:Originally Posted by md2010
I have a Garrison fit suit in 36R. The fit is not slim at all. I swim inside the jacket. Also the jacket is quite long - I am 5'9" and the jacket is way too long for me. Its sitting in my closet for last 12 months. I need to do some major alteration before I can wear it. Its funny how 2 posters above said slim fit. In fact its far from it.
We're likely differently proportioned than you. It's far from the slimmest fitting suit that I've tried, but swimming, at least for me, is pure hyperbole.post #293 of 4692/5/13 at 8:26ampost #294 of 4693/1/13 at 3:31pm
I have two unique Ralph Lauren items that don't fit neatly into any of the lines I'm familiar with.
One is the tie below, which is a Polo tie, but which has a Purple Label-esque label, and is made in USA from Italian cotton.
The other is the camel hair sport coat below which is very high quality construction, and which has a label that looks exactly like Purple Label, but the label is a deep royal blue, and the jacket is made in USA.
What's the deal with these items?post #295 of 4693/2/13 at 7:06pmpost #296 of 4693/2/13 at 7:18pmpost #297 of 4693/14/13 at 11:27ampost #298 of 4693/15/13 at 10:25ampost #299 of 4693/25/13 at 4:07pmpost #300 of 4693/25/13 at 8:25pm
- Ralph Lauren lines, and 'who makes what' - a definitive guide
- The Current State of Americana
- › GET=Watch Azerbaijan vs Malta Live 46 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 59 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › JOY=Watch Israel vs Wales Live 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › EnJoY==>> Croatia vs Norway live streaming soccer EURO... 2 minutes ago
- › LIVE=Watch Czech Rep. vs Latvia Live 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 3 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...