Does anyone have any feedback on the blue label Garrison fit? Who makes it, and also how the cut compares to other blue label blazers/sport coats?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- 04/20 - All Sold Last post on 4/19/11 at 9:46am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- A Beginner's Guide to MC. Look here once before posting. Last post on 3/18/11 at 11:50am in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
5 Tips to find the best pair of shoes for different occasion
Last edited: 1/2/14
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
Ralph Lauren lines, and 'who makes what' - a definitive guide - Page 20
Styleforum Top Picks
While I have only a limited experience with the Garrison, the fit is really slim and the armholes are quite high. I can't compare it to anything from Blue Label, but the fit is closer to RLBL without the shoulder roping. Additionally, depending on your height, the gorge could be an issue for me; when I tried it on, the gorge made me feel stupid and I'm fairly tall (6'4", 1.95 M). The quality is top notch though, and IIRC, fully canvased and made by Corneliani.
Lastly, I was surprised at how big the lapels really are...they're Tom Ford big.
Garrison models fit trim in the waist, have large 4" lapels and largely are 2 button models with side vents. They have more shoulder padding than the Polo I-IV models and higher armholes. The skirts flare out a bit more also. They generally come with flat front pants without belt loops and with side adjusters.
Ralph Lauren Made to Measure Coordinator at Madison Ave. His response also said that the silhouette for RLBL would remain the same as the factory would be "following their specs". Not sure if we can expect variance in the cut regardless of this but I plan on doing MTM soon and am happy to report (my experience, just one data poiny) back once I do assuming I don't find any reason to not go forward.
I have a Garrison fit suit in 36R. The fit is not slim at all. I swim inside the jacket. Also the jacket is quite long - I am 5'9" and the jacket is way too long for me. Its sitting in my closet for last 12 months. I need to do some major alteration before I can wear it. Its funny how 2 posters above said slim fit. In fact its far from it.
We're likely differently proportioned than you. It's far from the slimmest fitting suit that I've tried, but swimming, at least for me, is pure hyperbole.
I have two unique Ralph Lauren items that don't fit neatly into any of the lines I'm familiar with.
One is the tie below, which is a Polo tie, but which has a Purple Label-esque label, and is made in USA from Italian cotton.
The other is the camel hair sport coat below which is very high quality construction, and which has a label that looks exactly like Purple Label, but the label is a deep royal blue, and the jacket is made in USA.
What's the deal with these items?
- Ralph Lauren lines, and 'who makes what' - a definitive guide
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 9 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 26 seconds ago
- › NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread 40 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 4 minutes ago
- › my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura 4 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 10 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 11 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › 5 Tips to find the best pair of shoes for... by mahnoormalik
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw