Does anyone have any feedback on the blue label Garrison fit? Who makes it, and also how the cut compares to other blue label blazers/sport coats?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- 04/20 - All Sold Last post on 4/19/11 at 9:46am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- A Beginner's Guide to MC. Look here once before posting. Last post on 3/18/11 at 11:50am in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ralph Lauren lines, and 'who makes what' - a definitive guide - Page 20post #286 of 4242/3/13 at 8:48am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #287 of 4242/3/13 at 6:05pmpost #288 of 4242/4/13 at 1:15amQuote:
While I have only a limited experience with the Garrison, the fit is really slim and the armholes are quite high. I can't compare it to anything from Blue Label, but the fit is closer to RLBL without the shoulder roping. Additionally, depending on your height, the gorge could be an issue for me; when I tried it on, the gorge made me feel stupid and I'm fairly tall (6'4", 1.95 M). The quality is top notch though, and IIRC, fully canvased and made by Corneliani.
Lastly, I was surprised at how big the lapels really are...they're Tom Ford big.post #289 of 4242/4/13 at 9:50amQuote:
Garrison models fit trim in the waist, have large 4" lapels and largely are 2 button models with side vents. They have more shoulder padding than the Polo I-IV models and higher armholes. The skirts flare out a bit more also. They generally come with flat front pants without belt loops and with side adjusters.post #290 of 4242/4/13 at 12:54pmI have a Garrison fit suit in 36R. The fit is not slim at all. I swim inside the jacket. Also the jacket is quite long - I am 5'9" and the jacket is way too long for me. Its sitting in my closet for last 12 months. I need to do some major alteration before I can wear it. Its funny how 2 posters above said slim fit. In fact its far from it.post #291 of 4242/4/13 at 3:38pmConfirmed by the SA that I think is best and highly recommend, Kelly Browning, who fwded me the response of Travis J. Blankenship the
Ralph Lauren Made to Measure Coordinator at Madison Ave. His response also said that the silhouette for RLBL would remain the same as the factory would be "following their specs". Not sure if we can expect variance in the cut regardless of this but I plan on doing MTM soon and am happy to report (my experience, just one data poiny) back once I do assuming I don't find any reason to not go forward.post #292 of 4242/5/13 at 3:17amQuote:Originally Posted by md2010
I have a Garrison fit suit in 36R. The fit is not slim at all. I swim inside the jacket. Also the jacket is quite long - I am 5'9" and the jacket is way too long for me. Its sitting in my closet for last 12 months. I need to do some major alteration before I can wear it. Its funny how 2 posters above said slim fit. In fact its far from it.
We're likely differently proportioned than you. It's far from the slimmest fitting suit that I've tried, but swimming, at least for me, is pure hyperbole.post #293 of 4242/5/13 at 8:26ampost #294 of 4243/1/13 at 3:31pm
I have two unique Ralph Lauren items that don't fit neatly into any of the lines I'm familiar with.
One is the tie below, which is a Polo tie, but which has a Purple Label-esque label, and is made in USA from Italian cotton.
The other is the camel hair sport coat below which is very high quality construction, and which has a label that looks exactly like Purple Label, but the label is a deep royal blue, and the jacket is made in USA.
What's the deal with these items?post #295 of 4243/2/13 at 7:06pmpost #296 of 4243/2/13 at 7:18pmpost #297 of 4243/14/13 at 11:27ampost #298 of 4243/15/13 at 10:25ampost #299 of 4243/25/13 at 4:07pmpost #300 of 4243/25/13 at 8:25pm
- Ralph Lauren lines, and 'who makes what' - a definitive guide
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › Dior Homme Super Slender Skinny Tight Black jeans Size 30 Made In... 2 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 7 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 1 Aug 2014: "You at your you-iest" aka "When you... 8 minutes ago
- › William Abraham Socks 13 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Briefcase porn thread 20 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 23 minutes ago
- › BNWT: Visvim Suede Bi-fold Wallet Dark Brown 24 minutes ago
- › Art 26 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)