Does anyone have any feedback on the blue label Garrison fit? Who makes it, and also how the cut compares to other blue label blazers/sport coats?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 3:17 pm in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- 04/20 - All Sold Last post on 4/19/11 at 9:46am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- A Beginner's Guide to MC. Look here once before posting. Last post on 3/18/11 at 11:50am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ralph Lauren lines, and 'who makes what' - a definitive guide - Page 20post #286 of 6162/3/13 at 8:48am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #287 of 6162/3/13 at 6:05pmpost #288 of 6162/4/13 at 1:15amQuote:
While I have only a limited experience with the Garrison, the fit is really slim and the armholes are quite high. I can't compare it to anything from Blue Label, but the fit is closer to RLBL without the shoulder roping. Additionally, depending on your height, the gorge could be an issue for me; when I tried it on, the gorge made me feel stupid and I'm fairly tall (6'4", 1.95 M). The quality is top notch though, and IIRC, fully canvased and made by Corneliani.
Lastly, I was surprised at how big the lapels really are...they're Tom Ford big.post #289 of 6162/4/13 at 9:50amQuote:
Garrison models fit trim in the waist, have large 4" lapels and largely are 2 button models with side vents. They have more shoulder padding than the Polo I-IV models and higher armholes. The skirts flare out a bit more also. They generally come with flat front pants without belt loops and with side adjusters.post #290 of 6162/4/13 at 12:54pmI have a Garrison fit suit in 36R. The fit is not slim at all. I swim inside the jacket. Also the jacket is quite long - I am 5'9" and the jacket is way too long for me. Its sitting in my closet for last 12 months. I need to do some major alteration before I can wear it. Its funny how 2 posters above said slim fit. In fact its far from it.post #291 of 6162/4/13 at 3:38pmConfirmed by the SA that I think is best and highly recommend, Kelly Browning, who fwded me the response of Travis J. Blankenship the
Ralph Lauren Made to Measure Coordinator at Madison Ave. His response also said that the silhouette for RLBL would remain the same as the factory would be "following their specs". Not sure if we can expect variance in the cut regardless of this but I plan on doing MTM soon and am happy to report (my experience, just one data poiny) back once I do assuming I don't find any reason to not go forward.post #292 of 6162/5/13 at 3:17amQuote:Originally Posted by md2010
I have a Garrison fit suit in 36R. The fit is not slim at all. I swim inside the jacket. Also the jacket is quite long - I am 5'9" and the jacket is way too long for me. Its sitting in my closet for last 12 months. I need to do some major alteration before I can wear it. Its funny how 2 posters above said slim fit. In fact its far from it.
We're likely differently proportioned than you. It's far from the slimmest fitting suit that I've tried, but swimming, at least for me, is pure hyperbole.post #293 of 6162/5/13 at 8:26ampost #294 of 6163/1/13 at 3:31pm
I have two unique Ralph Lauren items that don't fit neatly into any of the lines I'm familiar with.
One is the tie below, which is a Polo tie, but which has a Purple Label-esque label, and is made in USA from Italian cotton.
The other is the camel hair sport coat below which is very high quality construction, and which has a label that looks exactly like Purple Label, but the label is a deep royal blue, and the jacket is made in USA.
What's the deal with these items?post #295 of 6163/2/13 at 7:06pmpost #296 of 6163/2/13 at 7:18pmpost #297 of 6163/14/13 at 11:27ampost #298 of 6163/15/13 at 10:25ampost #299 of 6163/25/13 at 4:07pmpost #300 of 6163/25/13 at 8:25pm
- Ralph Lauren lines, and 'who makes what' - a definitive guide
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 7 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 13 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 17 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 20 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 22 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 24 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?